Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SalPal was reporting it so I figured like always he was wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the early leader for the Na Brown award is Cliff Harris. Reports are that is absolutely dominating the likes of Trent Edwards and Ronald Johnson. FUTURE SUPERSTAR Y'ALL.

But seriously, I'm glad to hear he's doing well.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys know how King Dunlap is huge? Well Dennis Kelly is almost exactly the same size. Watching those two work with the second team offense, it looks like the Eagles have twin towers at the tackle spots. Dunlap is 6'9" and 330 while Dennis Kelly is 6'8" and 321. Monstrously huge human beings.

EDIT: Further, I think the Eagles might have the biggest tackles in the league. Bell is 6'5" and 311 pounds. Todd Herremans is 6'6" and listed at 320 pounds. And as previously mentioned, Dunlap and Kelly are humongous.

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 08-04-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They really are huge, enough that it is noticeable, lol. What the biggest change has been for the O-line from this training camp to the previous ones is that the O-line is now mostly all of Mudd's type of guys. The body shapes of our O-linemen are much more different than in Training Camps past. I haven't been up at Lehigh as much as in years past, but it is one of the first things I noticed this year.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
They really are huge, enough that it is noticeable, lol. What the biggest change has been for the O-line from this training camp to the previous ones is that the O-line is now mostly all of Mudd's type of guys. The body shapes of our O-linemen are much more different than in Training Camps past. I haven't been up at Lehigh as much as in years past, but it is one of the first things I noticed this year.
Going from guys like Max Jean-Gilles, Nick Cole, Jamaal Jackson, Stacy Andrews and Shawn Andrews to guys like Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce, Julian Vandervelde, Danny Watkins and company really is a huge transition.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryce Brown is a golden palomino stallion.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Bryce Brown is a golden palomino stallion.
Lol, guy has a long way to go, but you know all the things he has to work through already, I'm sure. When they picked him I was kinda a little surprised because4 I was familiar with his story even before ESPN gave it, but as they were going through his story I thought it would be ok, he was a 7th round pick that can only go up from where he was. High reward to risk ratio. I'm interested to see how he does the rest of the preseason, and get more reports from camp to see how he is coming. Behind Shady, nothing is a given, though Dion Lewis has looked better in camp and the coaches are liking what they see out of him. He could very well make the roster, honestly. He has a skillset that our other backs don't have. Unfortunately that means our coaching staff won't know how to use him, lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Michael Vick scares me so much. We're a Michael Vick injury away from being a team that probably ends up picking in the top 10. So much of what we're able to do is predicated on passing the ball and being able to get the ball to our playmakers.

And if we have a losing season, I have zero doubt that Andy Reid gets canned. I didn't know if we were going to after last season but it sure sounded like Lurie was thisclose to cutting ties in that press conference. I thought he was going to drop the bomb but ultimately he ended up calling a press conference for the express purpose of expressing his disappointment. I don't think that'll happen again next year. He's having a press conference for one of two reasons, we won a superbowl or Andy Reid is fired.

And then what? I can almost promise Vick is gone if Andy is gone. Are we going forward with Nick Foles? As impressive as he's been, I'm not ready to call him the future. Do we draft a guy? Sign a guy?

We're a big Michael Vick injury from being back to square one.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

But lost in all the negative vibes around the face of the franchise are some youngsters who are proving to be real bright spots. There are a lot of good young players on the team. Outside of Jaiquawn Jarrett, Howie Roseman has done a good job of stocking up on young talent the past two drafts.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would it be better if I just changed Bixby back to Thumper?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Would it be better if I just changed Bixby back to Thumper?
Put it as the title beneath my username or something. Just make sure everybody knows I'm not JBwtf or whatever his name was.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Michael Vick scares me so much. We're a Michael Vick injury away from being a team that probably ends up picking in the top 10. So much of what we're able to do is predicated on passing the ball and being able to get the ball to our playmakers.

And if we have a losing season, I have zero doubt that Andy Reid gets canned. I didn't know if we were going to after last season but it sure sounded like Lurie was thisclose to cutting ties in that press conference. I thought he was going to drop the bomb but ultimately he ended up calling a press conference for the express purpose of expressing his disappointment. I don't think that'll happen again next year. He's having a press conference for one of two reasons, we won a superbowl or Andy Reid is fired.

And then what? I can almost promise Vick is gone if Andy is gone. Are we going forward with Nick Foles? As impressive as he's been, I'm not ready to call him the future. Do we draft a guy? Sign a guy?

We're a big Michael Vick injury from being back to square one.
Most teams are an injury at the QB1 position from losing out on an entire season though, so its not like the Eagles are in that much of a different position than any other contender this season. If Vick misses serious time and the Eagles finish below .500 or out of the playoffs, that may be the only thing that saves Reid (as long as he doesn't lose control of the locker room or the team plays awful and finishes in the bottom 8 or worse in record, which I don't think we will have to worry about anyway.

As long as Vick doesn't miss more than 4 games, and we remain reasonably healthy throughout the rest of the season besides him, I think all of this talk is pointless. If the team can stay healthy, I really do think we have a shot at a Superbowl this year. I'm not foolish enough to expect anything like that at this point, but this season looks promising right now.

However, if they would both be gone, there may be some serious evaluation going on of Nick Foles. It'll depend on how he continues to do in the action he is in the rest of the preseason, and if he gets in during the regular season and his performance. He has really impressed a lot of people, not only in the fan base but within the coaching staff and the rest of the organization as well. If he is given another year or so to develop, he could easily be the next Eagles QB, if Vick and Reid are gone after this season, for any reason, I'd expect he'd be competing against a fairly early round draft pick at QB this upcoming draft. He has done a lot of things right that you don't usually see out of a rookie QB, even more so than I remember from Kolb and even McNabb as rookies. He has had a few passes where you question why he chose to make certain throws, but we have seen that he CAN fit the ball in really tight windows, and (much like people are saying about the rest of the young QBs taking over starting positions this season in the NFL) its better to have to much trust in your arm than doubt. I like his confidence and his poise, that is what is really impressive to me. Time will tell how things pan out for him, but right now, things look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
But lost in all the negative vibes around the face of the franchise are some youngsters who are proving to be real bright spots. There are a lot of good young players on the team. Outside of Jaiquawn Jarrett, Howie Roseman has done a good job of stocking up on young talent the past two drafts.
I wouldn't say there are a lot of negative vibes right now, maybe you perceive it that way, but because of what you are saying here, we have a lot of young talent (still) at a variety of positions. Andy and Howie have done a good job of replenishing talent since they took over here, and its one thing where I think they have done better than just about everyone in the league. Whenever Andy leaves, he won't leave this team ****** over in terms of overall talent. There are plenty of young players on the team who we like very well, but just like any coaching change, the real struggles will come with adapting the players to the new systems. Offense I'm not so much worried about, with all of the young talent we have throughout, but our front 7 could be a mess if the wrong type of system would try to be implemented.

But let's sit here and look at the team as it is right now. We have young talent throughout the team with veteran leaders at key positions, as well as enough talent to fill in for a limited amount of injuries at certain positions. The team is in a good position right now, its just a matter of bettering that position and maintaining it.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Foles - I hope he develops into a quality starter in the league. He was overlooked due to the poor record of UA but he played pretty well and put up some great numbers. He is a big bodied/durable QB who took a lot of hits in college. I would argue the team record was more due to the team around him than him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys please be careful with our assholes week 1. Use lube k?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I really hope Tapp doesn't get cut...

Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately I think he's the odd man out at DE. He'll be a solid pickup wherever he lands though.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where GrahAm at
Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB: Vick, Foles, Kafka Edwards
RB: McCoy, Lewis, Brown, Polk(FB?)
FB: Havili
WR: Maclin, Cooper, D. Jonhson, Gilyard
WR: Jackson, Avant, McNutt, C. Hall
TE: Celek, Harbor, Brackett, Ford
OT: Herremans, Kelly, DJ Jones
OT: Dunlap, D. Bell
OG: Mathis, Vandervelde
OG: Watkins, Reynolds, Washington
C: Kelce, Vallos

DE: Cole, Hunt, Tapp
DT: Cox, Dixon, Ogbu
DT: Jenkins, Landri, Thornton, Trotter
DE: Babin, Graham, Curry, M. Taylor
OLB: Kendricks, Jordan Clayton, Rau
MLB: Ryans, Matthews, Moten
OLB: Chaney, Rolle, Simmons
CB: Nnamdi, Hanson, Marsh, Hughes
FS: Coleman, Atogwe, Thomas
SS: Allen, Jarrett
CB: DRC, Boykin, Lindley

K: Henery
P: McBriar, Henry
LS: Dorenbos

IR/PUP: Patterson, Peters, Colt Anderson, Mike Gibson, Ronald Johnson

*Bubble Guys In Blue*

I counted 50 so that means 3 spots open for the bubble guys(Hall, Polk, Tapp, Jarrett, Thornton, Clayton and Lindley)

-Damaris Johnson probably makes Chad Hall expendable.
-I think they'll find a way to keep Polk, but 4 RBs is a lot to carry and a backup FB is a luxury. Brown's outplayed him for that 3rd spot.
-Tapp is just a casualty of numbers but I think they'll use on of the two spots on him.
-Jarrett, do they give him one more year?
-Thornton, has he earned a spot with his preseason play?
-Lindley and Clayton seem like solid players but again they could be victims of the numbers game here.

I think Tapp and Jarrett end up taking two of the spots. The third one will be used on Polk, Clayton or Lindley.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 08-28-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Gilyard and Hall both outplaying McNutt tonight(and all preseason for that matter). Only reason they don't McNutt is because we need that bigger body receiver.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

It's going to be hard for them to not keep both Polk and Brown too.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmmm Never no. Maybe we do keep both Rbs and trade?

Maybe this is the year Reid decides to run a balance attack.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

not like Lewis does anything for the team.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Cuts so far:

McBriar
Atogwe
Washington
Hall
Gilyard
Ford
Brackett
Clayton
Hanson
Thomas
Old 08-31-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

3 safeties?

Tapp stays and do all 4 Rbs
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

19 cuts announced, 3 spots left open.

McBriar
Atogwe
Washington
Hall
Gilyard
Ford
Brackett
Clayton
Hanson
Thomas
Cohen
Igwenagu
DJ Jones
McNutt
Moten
Ogbu
Rau
Taylor
Trotter
Vallos

Sounds like they're in the market to pick up a veteran safety following the releases of Atogwe and Thomas.