Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we have our first cut of the day. We hardly knew you Marcus Thomas.

Quote:
MarcusThomas_79 (Player) It was fun working with a great organization like the giants and for y'all giant fans I could only imagine if I started my career here

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Broha asked to join Giants PS. We'll see if another team claims him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to see if we keep Tracy, #71, or both. I'd like to keep both honestly. I like both a lot.

But how do we keep 6 DEs? (Kiwi is a DE in my eyes). It's unjustified to keep so many DEs.

I'd hate to lose either though. Especially since if both can contribute this year, it will go a long way in keeping our pass rush rotation fresh for a deep playoff run.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohm reporting Greg Jones might have been cut.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 08-31-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm curious to see if we keep Tracy, #71, or both. I'd like to keep both honestly. I like both a lot.

But how do we keep 6 DEs? (Kiwi is a DE in my eyes). It's unjustified to keep so many DEs.

I'd hate to lose either though. Especially since if both can contribute this year, it will go a long way in keeping our pass rush rotation fresh for a deep playoff run.
I think Ojomo definitely made it. I think Tracy in the end makes it also. If the Jones cut is true then it would make some sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I killed Greg Jones in the past, he actually had a very strong camp and PS. Somebody is gonna pick him up and have a very solid rotational LB.

He looked much improved. It sucks, it was a toss up btw him and Paysinger. But I think Paysinger is a little more athletic so he probably gets the nod.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I liked Paysinger better. Jones was very good on ST but he never jumped out at me while on D. Paysinger looks the part and has a ton more athleticism.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Honestly I thought they all had a strong camp. They all made plays.

Honestly, I was expecting more from Herzlich. He's greatly improved in pass coverage, but he's taken a step back in the run game. He got washed out too often for my liking.

Jones and Paysinger actually both looked better. But bc of Herzlich's upside, along with the hip pointer probably effecting him this PS, I think that's why Herzlich makes the team.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Jones officially waived according to Ohm.

I agree BBD they all did have strong camps. The depth this year in the LB corps is night and day from last year. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Williams, Herz, Blackburn, and Paysinger. We haven't had a LB corps that good in a loooong time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jones officially waived according to Ohm.

I agree BBD they all did have strong camps. The depth this year in the LB corps is night and day from last year. Boley, Kiwi, Rivers, Williams, Herz, Blackburn, and Paysinger. We haven't had a LB corps that good in a loooong time.
Wasn't Broha one of the better performers at DE for the Giants in the preseason?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Wasn't Broha one of the better performers at DE for the Giants in the preseason?
Yes he did really well but we have some younger guys who did even better (Tracy and Ojomo). It won't surprise me if another team claims Broha before he get him on our PS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Massau, McCants, Stanback all gone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think Tracy and Ojomo's athleticism trumps Broha, who seems like more of a high motor guy.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think Tracy and Ojomo's athleticism trumps Broha, who seems like more of a high motor guy.
Oh ok...so Tracy and Ojomo are black and Broha is white....got it!!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Douglas and DePalma cut.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Oh ok...so Tracy and Ojomo are black and Broha is white....got it!!
Yup. (10 char)
Old 08-31-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ware did get the boot. Let's hope Brown and Scott can block.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Is this the year the Giants are going to cut Ramses Barden who has done absolutely nothing during his career?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Is this the year the Giants are going to cut Ramses Barden who has done absolutely nothing during his career?
It looked that way early on, but he saved his job the past 2 PS games.

That and Jernigan didn't do a damn thing, which helped his status on the team. And neither did any of the other training camp superstars.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This is going to be the year of Barden!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hendricks cut. Looks like I was right about Kuhn over him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ojomo made it!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Did Tracy?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not announced yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No more ware. I like idea of the younger guys making it. Let's see how Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott and brown do.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote