Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So may be a stupid question, but is Gerhart the second rb for you guys? I'm thinking of picking him up in case Peterson can't go full season, and at the least I know his work load wont be what it was last year to start. Good or bad decision to pick him up?
If you are hoping to start him on a regular basis then I wouldn't do it. Peterson will still be the work horse, he'll get 20-25 carries a game. First couple weeks it will be less so if you need someone for the first couple weeks, it will be a good pick up. It really depends on who you are going to cut to get Gerhart. He will probably average 10-15 carries a game but I don't think he would be our goal line back.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So may be a stupid question, but is Gerhart the second rb for you guys? I'm thinking of picking him up in case Peterson can't go full season, and at the least I know his work load wont be what it was last year to start. Good or bad decision to pick him up?
He is the backup but unless Peterson gets injured he will be useless to you. Great handcuff but I do think once AD is back he is going full season unless he is injured again.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was basically thinking of picking him up in case AD goes down. But thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we really need to keep 4 TE's? Seems excessive.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Did we really need to keep 4 TE's? Seems excessive.
Ehhh...Musgrave likes his TEs, and with Simpson suspended, I'm guessing we'll be running 2 TE sets even more, and with Carlson not being completely healthy it makes some sense.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As discouraging as it was to completely tank almost the whole first half and to blow the late lead there are definitely some good things we can take from this game, mainly Ponder looking very good and the fact that AD at 80% is still better than 95% of the RB's in the league. The defense looked pretty bad though, that needs to improve. I like how the offense is coming together but we're not going to win many shootouts.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feels so good going to bed knowing we won today. God it's such a great feeling.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Feels so good going to bed knowing we won today. God it's such a great feeling.
Yup. It was a damn exciting, albeit at many times very ugly, game. I am getting the feeling that this year will be a lot like last year, a lot of close games, and how we do this season will be decided by how we do in those, and I thought after the late TD pass by Gabbert that we were headed down the same road as last year. 9 of our 13 losses last year were by 7 points or less, and the only ones that weren't were at Chicago, at Green Bay, at Atlanta, and home against New Orleans. This team is built to play close games again, and if they're to improve this year, they'll have to do much better than a 2-9 record in one score games, and this was a good start in that direction, even if it was against Jacksonville, at the dome, in overtime, and anything else anyone throws out there to knock this win.

No matter the record, what I envision is a team with many bright spots, but lacking greatly in a couple key areas which will likely haunt the end of season record again, although I see no way in which the Vikings end up as bad as the 3-13 record they had last season. I'm trying not to be too optimistic, but unless the unexpected happens(which knowing the Vikings history, it probably will), it looks like the rebuilding process is off to a good start and even in the tough NFC North may not take as long as many "experts" have suggested.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder to Rudolph all season.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yes, cant wait till tomorrow...
Front row visitors side. :-)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

You lucky duck...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Oh yes, cant wait till tomorrow...
Front row visitors side. :-)
http://www.whosay.com/minnesotavikings/photos/226022

Is this you?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

This weeks game could get ugly. I love our offense, but the 9ers defense is just so incredibly good. I would be lying if I said I was excited to watch this game...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
This weeks game could get ugly. I love our offense, but the 9ers defense is just so incredibly good. I would be lying if I said I was excited to watch this game...
Yeah its not gonna be pretty on our end. I just hope we can at least look decent on both side of the ball. Ponder hasn't thrown a INT yet so hopefully that can stand but unlikely.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Ponder leads the league in completion percentage. Win.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder could very well be pronounced legally dead by the time this game is over. 9ers win via rape.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Vikings waived TE Allen Reisner today in order to make room on the roster for Jerome Simpson.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Not that I necessarily think we're good enough to look ahead this far but if we want any shot at making the playoffs we probably have to be 7-3 or 8-2 going into the bye week. After that we have the Bears twice, the Packers twice, @Houston and @St. Louis. Wow.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ain't scurred. Chicago might turn out to be injured or overrated. The Packers aren't the best team in the NFC. Houston is a loss. The Rams might go back to doing Rams things by then as well.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Chicago might turn out to be injured or overrated.

So could we.

Quote:
The Packers aren't the best team in the NFC.

Neither are we.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Doesn't mean you chalk them up to losses.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'm definitely not, that's a brutal schedule though, you can't deny that. I doubt anyone else has an end of season schedule as tough as that.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Also, you're not going to find a more obvious trap game than tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty nervous. I actually think I'd rather play Locker than Hasselbeck, it seems like veteran QB's like that always do well against us.