Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-30-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Ross is not even remotely close to being as annoying as Ted is. Ted is the most whiny douchey character in the history of comedic television and no one is close.
********. Ross is just as whiny as Ted and I want to slap him for the things he does and the **** he says just as often.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryan Cranston is gonna guest on 30 Rock playing Kenneth's father:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/crans...o-30-rock.html
Old 08-31-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
********. Ross is just as whiny as Ted and I want to slap him for the things he does and the **** he says just as often.
Ted is way worse I quit watching just because of him. He flat out ruined that show for me.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Bryan Cranston is gonna guest on 30 Rock playing Kenneth's father
Holy **** that is going to be awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** anyone that says "**** chandler"! Seriously. Not cool.

Joey is obviously the #1, however. It's not even up for debate.

1. Joey
2. Chandler

3. Ross
4. Rachel

5. Phoebe
6. Monica

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nick offerman is doing an AMA and he is clearly awesomly high. best ama ever.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._on_parks_and/

i found this gem from a redditor.
http://drunkronswanson.com/
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand how you guys like Ross. I like the **** Rachel says more often than I don't wanna slap Ross.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, it's not so much Ross being awesome. It's funny things happening to Ross and then his reactions.

EDIT:

Eg. Getting spray tanned 3 times, "GET OFF MY SISTER!!!", "You...you..ate my sandwich?!"

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 08-31-2012 at 05:51 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
nick offerman is doing an AMA and he is clearly awesomly high. best ama ever.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._on_parks_and/

i found this gem from a redditor.
http://drunkronswanson.com/

DG and I have rocked out to that site quite often.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bought community S1 for 13 bucks today. Win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I finally got around to watching the finale of The Newsroom and I thought it was pretty damn good. I think the love triangle is pretty ********, Mackenzie pisses me off fairly consistently, and I am not a fan of being bashed over the head by the message every episode but I really do think what the show is trying to say is very ******* important. I thought the finale was very good and I think the show has a ton of potential. I hope season two cleans up some of the ******** but despite all that season one was enjoyable, the news is corrupt, and not enough people realize this so hopefully the show inspires people to actually educate themselves.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
see... i thought the love triangle was stupid (though i think they ended it perfectly), but i really liked mckenzie as a character, and i liked the idea that she was actually in the crowd.
I can understand that. I think I liked Mackenzie most all season towards the end of the finale. I want to see her character show more depth next season. I find her far too one note a lot of the time.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
see... i thought the love triangle was stupid (though i think they ended it perfectly), but i really liked mckenzie as a character, and i liked the idea that she was actually in the crowd.

By the way Gonzo, the show has nothing important to say. Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow do the exact same thing every night, it isn't exactly revolutionary.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

By the way Gonzo, the show has nothing important to say. Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow do the exact same thing every night, it isn't exactly revolutionary.
I watch The Daily Show and I am Canadian so I don't really watch MSNBC. Despite others touching on the same messages as The Newsroom I do think HBO doing a show about how american politics are covered is very important. I do think The Newsroom misses quite a bit but I think the show also does hit a fair amount and I think with some tweaking it could be one of the very best shows on television.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and shut up brodie, you don't like anything good.
So you say The Wire, Parks and Rec, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Community, Psych, Arrested Development, 30 Rock, and so forth all suck eh? I really don't like Newsroom, but I like messing with you people who like it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mac can hit the mark but she is so over the top sometimes that it can get annoying. That said, I do like her character, but I wish he would tweak her a bit to be a little more down to earth and normal.

The love triangle is annoying, but I've said it for a while that Sorkin cannot write relationship stuff. He sucks at it.

I do love the show though. I'm a giant Sorkin fan boy so that isn't really shcoking at all either.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm trying to decide which is worse between Newsroom and Studio 60. Newsroom MIGHT have the advantage because of the one good episode where the black dude chewed out Will, and the quality of the show they are/were doing wasn't awful. But the other show had Bradley Whitford, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-01-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Mac can hit the mark but she is so over the top sometimes that it can get annoying. That said, I do like her character, but I wish he would tweak her a bit to be a little more down to earth and normal.

The love triangle is annoying, but I've said it for a while that Sorkin cannot write relationship stuff. He sucks at it.

I do love the show though. I'm a giant Sorkin fan boy so that isn't really shcoking at all either.
West Wing had some good relationship stuff. The American President was all about relationships and it was excellent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Newsroom has a few major problems:

McKenzie being utterly unlikeable is one.

Love Quadrangles

Will is "a republican" and if you don't believe it let him say it again.

The points they're trying to make are generally obvious to teenagers. I'm just waiting for the Racism is bad episode.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-01-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm trying to decide which is worse between Newsroom and Studio 60. Newsroom MIGHT have the advantage because of the one good episode where the black dude chewed out Will, and the quality of the show they are/were doing wasn't awful. But the other show had Bradley Whitford, so...
I think GF and I are the only ones in the world who liked Studio 60. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
West Wing had some good relationship stuff. The American President was all about relationships and it was excellent.
I did forget about The American President when I wrote that but I wasn't a huge fan of The West Wing relationship stuff outside of Josh and Donna, and that took years to finally happen. AND he wasn't even writing for the show anymore when it did happen.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I did forget about The American President when I wrote that but I wasn't a huge fan of The West Wing relationship stuff outside of Josh and Donna, and that took years to finally happen. AND he wasn't even writing for the show anymore when it did happen.
Josh and Amy love/hate was good. The Bartlets.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I'm glad, because Sorkin's insane vendetta against all of his past co-workers really killed it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-01-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this was tweeted from the set. We get Zuckercorn AND Loblaw at the same time.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hope they bring back the Bob Loblaw Law Blog.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tweeted from The League set:

sig by BoneKrusher