Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keeper auction is done. Maybe no top top guy and some questions at RB, but I have some potential big gainers. A lot of the best receivers were kept from last year, but I like the guys I was able to grab.

QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler
RB: Ryan Mathews, Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson, Jonathan Stewart, Stevan Ridley
WR: Dez Bryant, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown, Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Seattle

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 08-31-2012 at 09:17 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. How many teams/what positions start? Looks pretty solid top to bottom to me though.

Just drafted a 14 team standard scoring league. Came out with an okay team, pretty typical for what I do in this league - decent at RB and WR but weak at QB and TE.

QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Hakeem Nicks
WR: Stevie Johnson
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Nate Kaeding
D/ST: Buffalo

Bench: Carson Palmer, Willis McGahee, Ryan Williams, Alfred Morris, Kendall Wright, Austin Collie
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@McGee: Team is stacked. Few people know how to draft well in an auction league.

@derza: Don't know about Bennett as your starting TE. He's more of a blocker than a receiver. Great WR trio, but your bench is a little weak.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, so i just had one (10 man) and took what I feel is a big risk. 2 RB's, 3 WR's one TE, one Flex Had pick 2:

QB: Schaub, Cutler
RB: Raymell, Sproles, Martin, D Brown
WR: Decker, Sidney Rice, Harvin, DHB, Louis Murphy, Jon Baldwin
TE: Graham
Flex: GRONK

D's: Bill and Seahawks
K: Prater

thoughts? I'm iffy on it, but Rice-Graham-Gronk-Sproles could be filthy. .5 PPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to pick up someone else off of waivers at some point, it's tough bc it's a 14 team league and for whatever reason guys are drafting multiple TE's which I didn't count on. TE's on the Giants have tended to outperform expectations though and Bennett is talented physically. But yeah, I'll pick up someone else. My bench is better than most in the league too, with that many teams there's not much depth. Pickings were slim at the end.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Scotty, love Sproles in PPR and I like your backs in general. At some point you could probably move one of Gronk/Graham for a WR upgrade and flex one of your backs.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty, Harvin should be your #2 and DHB your #3 but your team is real good overall.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just typed the WR's in no order, Decker and Harvin are 1 and 2. Torn between Rice and DHB.

Wana see how the 2 TE's works out for me. Might move Donald for a WR, we'll see. Looking at Torrey Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 team draft and i ended up with this

QB M Stafford
RB R Rice, M Lynch, T Richardson, D Martin, W McGahee, B Green-Ellis, R Jennings
WR R. White, H Nicks, D, Bryant, J Maclin, R Wayne
TE J Cook
D/ST Falcons
K G Zuerlein

obv gonna try to move some RBs for a better/elite TE, should i try to upgrade from Stafford to Rodgers/Brady/Brees?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might look at getting a WR Fenikz 3 of your guys have had injury concerns and Wayne is going into an unknown situation.

As for QB I would try if you don't have to give up too much...I would also consider a back up for the always injured Stafford.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

QB M Stafford
RB R Rice, M Lynch, T Richardson, D Martin, W McGahee, B Green-Ellis, R Jennings
TE J Cook
D/ST Falcons
K G Zuerlein

obv gonna try to move some RBs for a better/elite TE, should i try to upgrade from Stafford to Rodgers/Brady/Brees?
I like this team a lot. RB is absolutely stacked with a good mix of upside and safety.

As mentioned, I think you need another WR.....can't trust Nicks or Bryant to stay on the field.

If you don't start a flex, I would float some offers that mimic the value of Stafford+T-Rich for Rodgers/Brady/Brees+Consistent WR2.

EDIT: I should say, I'm a big fan of Law Firm and McGahee for solid production this year, so that certainly skews my opinion. I also want nothing to do with MJD, so Jennings is a great upside play for me.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

QB M Stafford
TE J Cook
D/ST Falcons
K G Zuerlein

I dont think the difference between Stafford and those QBs is worth the price. I trust the health of White and Nicks, so I wouldnt target a WR. Room for improvement is there at TE, Id float TRich for one. You have plenty of RB depth.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand how you got that team.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't understand how you got that team.
Neither do I, theres multilple guys that have round 4 or higher value.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Scotty, love Sproles in PPR and I like your backs in general. At some point you could probably move one of Gronk/Graham for a WR upgrade and flex one of your backs.
Why would you do that? Those two score more points than almost all WRs, especially in PPR, and the flex allows him to start both.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Why would you do that? Those two score more points than almost all WRs, especially in PPR, and the flex allows him to start both.
I'd rather have both elite TEs than any two WRs. Unless you can move a TE and someone else for Calvin.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Because in a .5 PPR league he can start Rice, Sproles, and Martin and get comparable production to either of the TE's as opposed to having Sproles or Martin sitting on the bench. Then he can get an elite WR to start along with Harvin and Decker. It just improves his starting lineup. He wouldn't necessarily have to, but that was my rationale. Wouldn't have suggested it if he didn't have three starting caliber backs.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 team league drafted last night, I had the 5th pick, here's who I ended up with. Half point PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-RB flex/TE/K/DEF

QB: Stafford, Cutler
RB: CJ2K, Greene, Tate, Spiller
WR: Nicks, Wallace, Stevie Johnson, LaFell, Michael Floyd
TE: Pettigrew, Daniels

Thoughts?
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
12 team league drafted last night, I had the 5th pick, here's who I ended up with. Half point PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR-RB flex/TE/K/DEF

QB: Stafford, Cutler
RB: CJ2K, Greene, Tate, Spiller
WR: Nicks, Wallace, Stevie Johnson, LaFell, Michael Floyd
TE: Pettigrew, Daniels

Thoughts?
Your 2nd runningback is awful.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Should be a very competetive team. Flex could be a bit rough, but the rest of the starters are great.
Yea I really would've liked to have gotten someone like BJGE to be my flex player but it didn't work out. Sort of hoping Bradshaw goes down and/or David Wilson gets an opportunity to carry the load. Seems like I can rotate who goes in there from week to week unless JStew is getting a lot of goal line touches.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Didn't see a name. Neeeevermind. Haha.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this trade ok? All the guys i'm sending are on the bench for me.

I receive:

Antonio Gates
Justin Blakcmon
Ryan Williams

They receive:

Coby Fleener
Vincent Jackson
Donald Brown

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care for any of the players involved, but it seems about even.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I'd do that trade if I were you.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I like the trade for you.