Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-02-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFLDC Book Club!

This was Vidae's idea, so I want you all to know he deserves credit.

1st RULE: You do not talk about BOOK CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about BOOK CLUB.
3rd RULE: If several people stop or give up, tap out the book is over.
4th RULE: Only two suggestions at a time.
5th RULE: One book at a time.
6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.
7th RULE: Reading will go on as long as it has to.
8th RULE: If this is your first time in BOOK CLUB, you HAVE to read.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 09-05-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol nerds :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been itching to re-read some old Hemingway, so I'd love if we chose one of his too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first I thought, nerdddds. But then I thought, this sounds kinda cool.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have been itching to re-read some old Hemingway, so I'd love if we chose one of his too.
I read The Sun Also Rises this summer, but I'd be okay with The Old Man and the Sea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read animal farm.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll cut anyone that recommends Dandelion Wine.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had already considered Heinlein for the next thing I was going to read if anyone else was interested. I don't mind Brent's suggestion. Haven't read Old Man and the Sea in years, so whatever. Could be good to start this with something short, anyway.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I read The Sun Also Rises this summer, but I'd be okay with The Old Man and the Sea.
I think that was the most recent of his works I read too, so I'm fine with The Old Man and the Sea.

Also Deep has been trying to get me to read American Psycho for a while now, so I'd read that as well.

I'll read anything I guess. That is what makes a book club cool.. it forces you to read something you've never read or a genre you're not necessarily interested in.

edit: I've been meaning to read Infinite Jest for the looooongest time too, so maybe that will get me off my ass to do it.

Last edited by vidae : 09-02-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
Just read animal farm.
Animal Farm sucks.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a bunch of losers.

I'm in.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Animal Farm sucks.
It really does. In a bad way.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim O'Brien is the ******* man, mk?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will this be focused on novels for the most part since it is easier to discuss?

This will influence to read more as I want to read, but never fit it in.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Will this be focused on novels for the most part since it is easier to discuss?

This will influence to read more as I want to read, but never fit it in.
I would assume we'd stick to novels, yeah.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I would assume we'd stick to novels, yeah.
How much Rand do we get to read?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
How much Rand do we get to read?
You are BANNED! BANNED I SAY!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You are BANNED! BANNED I SAY!
I was joking. I SWEAR!!!!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I wasn't so busy I'd be down for this.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Best thing about this type of online book club is that you can hop in and out based on how much time you have in your immediate future.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

50 shades of grey pls!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Best thing about this type of online book club is that you can hop in and out based on how much time you have in your immediate future.
True. It's just as an English graduate student I do a shat ton of reading as it is, which is quite time consuming. It doesn't leave much time to read for leisure.

Plus, honestly, after reading so much for classes I just get tired of reading in general. I know once I'm done with school I'll read much more for fun.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am literate. This could be good.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll try this. How long would we have to read the book?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote