Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm Perry Fewell, I'd blitz the A gap all game long. Make that interior OL earn their money. Run a lot of games and stunts up front too, to confuse their protections. They're a new set of interior guys, make them think a little.

Knowing Fewell though, he's gonna completely rely on our front to generate pressure with no stunts or games, and run Cover 2 behind it all game. Throw in some infamous rush 3 looks.

God I hate Perry Fewell.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 09-03-2012 at 01:30 PM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm looking forward to the Patriots/Titans game. I was a big fan of Jake Locker as a prospect (he was my top-rated quarterback that year), so that should be interesting to see.
I'm stuck on this one too. Not only a fan of Jake at the UW but saw a lot of his games as a junior and senior at Ferndale High. Add to that i was a season ticket for the Pats back in the John Hannah era.

New England has been known to come out of the gate a bit slow so a win for the Tits wouldn't shock me. My guess is they need the W's more than the Pats so probably have to root for them. Don't tell me Dad, he'll kill me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had an old link on my old laptop so now I have to re search all over for it but maybe someone else has access.

It was a huge geographical NFL map, and it showed weeks 1-17, what regions got which games, for fox and cbs, early and afternoon games. It was pretty awesome knowing ahead of time also which game you'd be stuck with. I used that thing religiously for 2 years now I have to find a new one :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I had an old link on my old laptop so now I have to re search all over for it but maybe someone else has access.

It was a huge geographical NFL map, and it showed weeks 1-17, what regions got which games, for fox and cbs, early and afternoon games. It was pretty awesome knowing ahead of time also which game you'd be stuck with. I used that thing religiously for 2 years now I have to find a new one :(
http://the506.com/nflmaps/
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know of any reliable fantasy football money league websites I could check out?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
. Throw in some infamous rush 3 looks.

God I hate Perry Fewell.
You know for all the media shows and printed stuff, they talk about underachieving or not playing up to our potential, however, no one brings up Coughlin's terrible coordinator choices. Our defensive coordinators are the issue. If they can carry their own weight, our team has the talent to be really good. Of course injury to one or two positions kills us. But the DC and the bone head stuff they do is what kills us.

I still can't believe the Bucs hired Bill Sheridan as their DC. BILL fing sheridan as their DC. Did they not see our 2009 season? That alone is crazy! I hope for the Buc's sake and for their fans sanity, that BS learned from getting fired.

Musical DCs:

Lewis
Spags
Sheridan
Fewell

Who is next?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have direct TV they are doing free preview this weekend.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
You know for all the media shows and printed stuff, they talk about underachieving or not playing up to our potential, however, no one brings up Coughlin's terrible coordinator choices. Our defensive coordinators are the issue. If they can carry their own weight, our team has the talent to be really good. Of course injury to one or two positions kills us. But the DC and the bone head stuff they do is what kills us.

I still can't believe the Bucs hired Bill Sheridan as their DC. BILL fing sheridan as their DC. Did they not see our 2009 season? That alone is crazy! I hope for the Buc's sake and for their fans sanity, that BS learned from getting fired.

Musical DCs:

Lewis
Spags
Sheridan
Fewell

Who is next?
Honestly, Bill Sheridan wasn't that bad. I went back and watched over every Giants game that season. Bill Sheridan's schemes were fine. I liked them better than Fewell's to be honest.

The problem with Sheridan is he has no presence to him, no personality that commands respect. He's strictly an X and O guy. He's not a leader.

For Tampa, he can just focus on Xs and Os. The personality of the defense is going to be controlled by Schiano. Schiano just needs Sheridan to cook up the Xs and Os. Sheridan won't have to be in complete control of that side of the ball like he did with us.

Plus he was the guy after Spags. So it wasn't easy to win over the lockerroom when they went from Spags to vanilla Sheridan.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware needs to shut up after we've whooped their ass the past 5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
If you have direct TV they are doing free preview this weekend.
I saw this but after the Chiefs lose, I'm normally not in the mood to watch another game.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs will be 1-0

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Bucs will be 1-0

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then 1-1 after visiting Giants Stadium.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions should pull this one out but Stephen Jackson and Sam Bradford are making me nervous. The line is at 9 but I could see the Lions winning 27-20

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I reckon you're gonna be able to score pretty easily on their defense. Maybe Bradford and Jackson will make it interesting for the first half, but I definitely don't see them out scoring Stafford and Megatron for four quarters.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If St. Louis can keep the ball and control the clock with Jackson then I can see it being closer than a lot of people think but they have to get some NFL throws downfield with Bradford.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rashard Mendenhall could play Sunday night. That'd be awesome.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rashard Mendenhall could play Sunday night. That'd be awesome.
Lol @ everyone who draft Redman/Dwyer in fantasy. That RB situation is as much fun to manage as Washington's.

David Garrard to be released today.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Lol @ everyone who draft Redman/Dwyer in fantasy. That RB situation is as much fun to manage as Washington's.

Nothing is better than drafting a Patriots RB. Everyone will go nuts one week when Stevan Ridley runs for 200 yards or something. The next week someone will start him and he'll get 1 carry for 3 yards and no TDs. But Shane Vereen, Brandon Bolden, Danny Woodhead, and even Aaron Hernandez will get a ton of carries.

Then, just for fun, Bill Belichick will bring Sammy Morris back just to run 30 short dive plays to screw fantasy owners.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots trying out Kellen Winslow. 5 TE sets for the win.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders will win. I trust(kinda...) in the rusty knob!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

I don't really expect Mendenhall to play Sunday. He is, however, taking first team reps, looking sharp out there, and wasn't ruled out for Sunday's game. Could be back before the bye. He's well ahead of schedule.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Wait until they get Jake Ballard back and run the 6 TE set. It'll be impossible to tell which TEs are going to run routes and which ones will block.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're really trying out Winslow? This is getting absurd. Dont know the financial factors right now but It is kind of intriguing. Obviously the freakish ability isn't there but he could fit here I think, still could be a weapon in the passing game and the closest thing to a good offense he's been on was the bucs two years ago. Id take him over fells and maybe Shiancoe, blocking could be an issue though

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Haha, when I heard he got released I figure he might end up there.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote