Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which one will put you on a suicidal watch?

1. Rams' offense being top 10 in NFL.
2. Jets' defense ranking outside top 15.
3. Jets' offense remaining unchanged in scoring and gaining yards categories.

For me, it is number 2.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Rams will be a decently good team this year. That defense could be nice. The Jets will be fine. I believe. If I had a lot of money, I would throw some Vegas predicting Greg McElroy leads us to the Super Bowl.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Which one will put you on a suicidal watch?

1. Rams' offense being top 10 in NFL.
2. Jets' defense ranking outside top 15.
3. Jets' offense remaining unchanged in scoring and gaining yards categories.

For me, it is number 2.
I agree, it's number 2. The D needs to play lights out for us to compete for a playoff spot.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely agree that #2 would result in the worst season in terms of watching the NFL because the Jets would almost certainly be terrible and end up drafting in the top 10, if not 5.

That brings up, for me at least, a second question. Obviously it would suck to watch the team play terribly, but at the end of a day do you think a really bad season and the resulting shake up/higher picks would help the team enough to be worth it over a mediocre season where the team isn't that bad but also doesn't make the playoffs?
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are positives that could come from that outcome. Personally, I would like to see Tannenbaum gone, and that's probably about the only way it would happen. I've never thought he was all too skilled of a personnel man, and actually, I remember a little ways back when Kris Jenkins criticized him for not being a "football guy" in the media and everyone was angry, but he was right. I've never really been a fan of his drafting ability (or lack thereof) and he was always probably destined to just be a numbers man.

However, before we made the trade, I had said that whomever acquired Tebow would be headed to the Super Bowl, so...

Last edited by thetedginnshow : 09-07-2012 at 05:32 PM.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I think there are positives that could come from that outcome. Personally, I would like to see Tannenbaum gone, and that's probably about the only way it would happen. I've never thought he was all too skilled of a personnel man, and actually, I remember a little ways back when Kris Jenkins criticized him for not being a "football guy" in the media and everyone was angry, but he was right. I've never really been a fan of his drafting ability (or lack thereof) and he was always probably destined to just be a numbers man.

However, before we made, I had said that whomever acquired Tebow would be headed to the Super Bowl, so...
Jenkins was absolutely right. When Parcells brought Mr. T to the Jets, he was hired as the "Director of Player Contract Negotiations." He's a numbers guy and he's damn good at working the cap. He's really not a personnel guy. He pretty much learned on the job.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

We look good! Pass rush is still questionable, but the D looks nice. Stephen Hill looks good too! Not sure how much of it was the CB play, but he's certainly better than he was in the pre-season and had a better showing than Coples. I was watching an espanol telecast though so I don't know what happened, but how's Revis doing?
Old 09-09-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis played pretty well, defense got soft towards the end but hopefully that was by design because there was such a big score difference. Obviously Hill had a good game, Sanchez looked sharp aside from his goofy pick and his near turnover on a fumble that luckily got recovered. Stood in the pocket pretty well though, and the protection was solid. Run game was still mediocre, Green needs to not fumble as much though.

The Jets just scored 48 points. Crazy.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus thank you Jets. I said it all last year that Brian Schottenheimer and Wayne Hunter were almost like the blight of the team and were plagues. Both have been taken off this team and low and behold, with some actual protection...Sanchez had himself a sweet game.

We had a flea flicker AND threw 20+ yards multiple times in a game? Wake me up, I have to be dreaming. Maybe the Bills defense is just that bad but good god...Sanchez DESERVED to have those moments today. His INT was both on him and Cumberland IMO but outside of that and maybe 2-3 other throws, he played such an awesome game.

Thank you St Louis for taking Hunter AND Schotty out from us. Thank you Fitzmagic too for for such a piss poor game AND still going to say he had a 3 TD performance, even if much of that came in a prevent Jets D that even had backups for the 3rd TD.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Wow, that was fun to watch. I almost forgot what a competent offense looked like. The protection was very good. They gave Sanchez time and he played pretty well. Hill looked pretty good after the drop so that was a nice bounce back. I'm just really concerned with the running game. The line didn't create many holes for Greene but he doesn't make any plays either. He seems very line dependent.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Greene is definitely a "get what's blocked" back and nothing more. I hope Powell gets a chance to show what he can do since he's a bit more explosive and at least offers something in the passing game. Greene's fumbling is a concern too.

Was certainly nice to watch the passing offense, receivers getting separation was cool for a change of pace. Hopefully it wasn't just the Bills' secondary. Tebow really killed momentum actually when they brought him in, glad Sparano decided to ride the hot hand eventually. Pass protection was very impressive and Sanchez stuck in a couple times when the pocket wasn't clean which was nice to see. I saw Mario Williams complained that Howard was giving him hands to the face every play and honestly I wasn't paying attention to that, but at least Howard more than held his own. If he was giving Williams hands to the face, hopefully he can block without cheating in future games if that gets called.

Also mildly concerned about the second half defense, but hopefully that was just a function of the score. It is clear that the defense struggles some against explosive backs too which was an issue last season, Spiller did some very nice things today, so hopefully that gets cleaned up a bit too.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets are 6-0 last 6 games against Bills. Jets won all first home game against the division with Sanchez under center. The "Abracadabra" wildcat.

Those reasons why Jets aren't ready to be said a new and vibrant team yet.

Good:

+ OL Pass Protection. Sanchez looked comfortable in the pocket.
+ DL breaking the line. Fitzgerald choked early to establish Jets' lead.
+ 1st quarter Touchdown.
+ Greene 20+ carry 90+ yards.
+ Pass offense spread well.
+ 10/14 3rd down conversions.

Bad:

- OL run blocking. Both Wildcat and conventional.
- DL run defense. 2 big runs to Spiller. Unacceptable.
- Greene's ball security.
- Both S tried to kill their own sideline. Ugh?
- Despite not many wildcat calls, I felt like Sanchez and Tebow switching too much.
- 28 points given up by supposedly top defense team.

Oldest Problems to be resolved?:

- RT:

So far, Howard looked good. Keep it up. However, Mario Williams is big guy and does not dip low enough for Howard to fail to handle. Lets see how will he fare against smaller pass rushers next week against Steelers in Pittsburgh. Steelers playing at home is usually a dangerous alert for any OL.

- WR:

Hill can make us miss Braylon Edwards. A good vertical WR is a key for Sanchez and Holmes to be successful. Hill was able to provide that and it was good enough that Holmes and Sanchez were all smiling. Last year, without a vertical WR, Holmes had been unhappy for the entire season. Could it be that's it? We will learn later as Hill is still using chest to catch football.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Luckily, Jets were leading well in the first half but what the F was that.

Sanchez spiked football to stop 1st half game clock then he jogged toward the sideline and had a wonderful chat with coaches and Tebow like it was a timeout except that Jets burned all timeouts already. Finally, Sanchez screamed about play clock winding down.

Unbelievable.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I watched the game online so it was difficult to see evidence that Super Mario was whining about Howard's hand placement. Anyone?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I didn't catch anything during the game regarding the hands to the face, but I did read a piece on a Bills blog that basically said they didn't seen anything egregious after re-watching the game twice. Basically Howard jabbed him in the face a couple times, but not enough to warrant a penalty, and apparently Mario did it back to him. One person's opinion, but given it was coming from a Bills fan as opposed to a Jets fan I'd take it to mean that there really wasn't too much going on.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea those are illegal hands to the face.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Hey like I said, I didn't notice during the game but the writeup that said nothing egregious happened came from a Bills blog not a Jets homer. I haven't had time to re-watch the game, that was just the one piece I saw about it, and it did say it happened just not enough to call a penalty.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Oh well, I hope Howard improves hand placements for next 15 games.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Revis has been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Steelers. Welp, I no longer like our chances.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless he fumbles every play or cant catch at all or something like that, I firmly believe that Powell is a better runningback than greene after 3 carries.

Also, I am stupid. I had no faith in the offense because I took too much from the preseason. Sanchez looks much improved and the whole offense looks better than i thought it would all year. Im not overrating them into some juggernaut, but I was a fool to be as negative as I was.

Last edited by josh07039 : 09-16-2012 at 04:19 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

That was ugly. The offense showed so much promise early and they they just sputtered. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. We got outplayed, outcoached, and outphysicaled (not sure if that's even a word but you get the point).

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we're gonna get f***ed in 2 weeks.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jets will face 49ers and Texans in back to back games after Dolphins.

If Dolphins barely beat Jets then the Super Bowl Hope would drastically diminish. Come on, Jets.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Per the usual for this rivalry, I feel like this will be a sloppy game that will have things that don't make sense happen. So, maybe Shonn Greene will look good. In any case, I imagine it being close. And something important will happen on Special Teams.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Per the usual for this rivalry, I feel like this will be a sloppy game that will have things that don't make sense happen. So, maybe Shonn Greene will look good. In any case, I imagine it being close. And something important will happen on Special Teams.
That certainly wouldn't make sense.