Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The Browns were in the playoffs before their move in the mid 90's, that's 15 years ago, not that much less than Knicks stretch between the ewing trade the melo trade. Plus my favorite team in any sport, 1 FC Union Berlin, still hasn't made it up to the top division since re-unification way back in 1989. I have a soft spot for the Bills and Rams, and really just mega-loathe the city of cleveland
Good thing nobody cares about soccer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Good thing nobody cares about soccer.
Which is kinda funny since nobody cares that nobody in america cares about it. *shrug*

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which is kinda funny since nobody cares that nobody in america cares about it. *shrug*
Hey, I know there's a market for games that spend 90 minutes being exactly like the 3-0 borefest of a half that was yesterday's game (before the 2 minute warning). So, if people want that in soccer, so be it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-06-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if they'll add tidbits to how Cleveland Browns fans fell since Modell died in the upcoming "A Football Life" piece about the franchise moving.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP to a man of NFL History.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wonder if they'll add tidbits to how Cleveland Browns fans fell since Modell died in the upcoming "A Football Life" piece about the franchise moving.
Wait until Sunday when the drunk Browns fans start a **** modell chant or something stupid and it blows up and ends up all over the media.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then why are you a browns fan? I grew up in Berlin and Chicago, and was smart enough not become a browns fan, how come you ended up a Browns fan growing up an equally awesome city?
I grew up in Cleveland and assumed you grew up in NYC because you are a Giants fan, I was making a jab at you for ripping on Cleveland relentlessly all the time but apparently that flew right over your head.

Cleveland is not nearly as ****** as people make it out to be, certain areas are obviously a **** hole but that comes with most big cities. If you grew up in Chicago good for you, http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/cri...to-exceed-2011 shows how ******* amazing Chicago is and that every part of the city is clearly a sanctuary.

There is really no reason to hate Cleveland, especially the fans of the city. I would like to hear reasons besides "LOL WHAT THE **** IS THERE TO DO IN CLEVELAND!?" and "LOL I FOUND A FUNNY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE DESCRIBING CLEVELAND TOURISM!" and "LOL YOUR SPORTS TEAMS SUCK, **** YOU!"

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
There is really no reason to hate Cleveland, especially the fans of the city. I would like to hear reasons besides "LOL WHAT THE **** IS THERE TO DO IN CLEVELAND!?" and "LOL I FOUND A FUNNY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE DESCRIBING CLEVELAND TOURISM!" and "LOL YOUR SPORTS TEAMS SUCK, **** YOU!"
To be fair I have had only one experience with the city... Last year I went to a concert there and when I got there I found parking. Had a guy basically tell me that if I don't pay him something bad may happen to my car... Well in that nice way like "Hey man if you give me some money ill make sure nothing happens to your car. The parking lot attendant is my homie and we make sure your car is safe"

While waiting to get into the club I was approached by 15 bums and I am not overstating that. They literally walked down the line outside the club and asked every single person for money sometimes in too personal of ways.

So albeit my sample size is small... I am not a fan.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there will no doubt be fans who continue to boo his name, as he will continue to be a poster-child for the shortcomings of capitalism and corporate greed who cost the city of cleveland and its residents (but at the same time brought revenue and jobs into the city of baltimore). not that i will be booing, but if i were a long-time cleveland resident in my 50s or 60s then why the hell would i care about the "legacy" of some multi-billionaire business magnate who spent his life effectively finding ways to optimally succeed at the expense of others (i'm not trying to make a political commentary, but that is essentially what it comes down to in his situation).

you can argue that if there is a moment of silence and a bunch of fans start booing that it is disrespectful to art's friends and family, but it is naive to expect every drunken fan at a football game to behave with the same filter as some kid sitting at home on his computer posting on a message board. of course they will though, so espn and all the other tabloid-tier news outlets have something to talk about for the next week to get their ratings by stirring the pot. just understand that when you get outraged, you are playing into espn's hand and falling victim to their emotional appeals that they rely on.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 09-06-2012 at 04:28 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have tons of respect for Browns fans. They are the polar opposite of bandwagon fans. They know how to stick it out.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland is good for free Soul Decision concerts and Jeopardy tests. And the Tribe! But I can empathize with sports misery and people having such negative conceptions about your city. ******* Lake Erie, man.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
there will no doubt be fans who continue to boo his name, as he will continue to be a poster-child for the shortcomings of capitalism and corporate greed who cost the city of cleveland and its residents (but at the same time brought revenue and jobs into the city of baltimore). not that i will be booing, but if i were a long-time cleveland resident in my 50s or 60s then why the hell would i care about the "legacy" of some multi-billionaire business magnate who spent his life effectively finding ways to optimally succeed at the expense of others (i'm not trying to make a political commentary, but that is essentially what it comes down to in his situation).

you can argue that if there is a moment of silence and a bunch of fans start booing that it is disrespectful to art's friends and family, but it is naive to expect every drunken fan at a football game to behave with the same filter as some kid sitting at home on his computer posting on a message board. of course they will though, so espn and all the other tabloid-tier news outlets have something to talk about for the next week to get their ratings by stirring the pot. just understand that when you get outraged, you are playing into espn's hand and falling victim to their emotional appeals that they rely on.
Well put. I have a bad feeling about the reputation our fan base is about to acquire in the eyes of the media and ill-informed fans once that moment of silence is requested in Cleveland Browns Stadium this sunday about 5 minutes til 1 p.m.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
To be fair I have had only one experience with the city... Last year I went to a concert there and when I got there I found parking. Had a guy basically tell me that if I don't pay him something bad may happen to my car... Well in that nice way like "Hey man if you give me some money ill make sure nothing happens to your car. The parking lot attendant is my homie and we make sure your car is safe"

While waiting to get into the club I was approached by 15 bums and I am not overstating that. They literally walked down the line outside the club and asked every single person for money sometimes in too personal of ways.

So albeit my sample size is small... I am not a fan.
And I've been there over 200 times and never had something like that happen once.

It just matters where you are and what you happen to run into by chance.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Well put. I have a bad feeling about the reputation our fan base is about to acquire in the eyes of the media and ill-informed fans once that moment of silence is requested in Cleveland Browns Stadium this sunday about 5 minutes til 1 p.m.
Yeah that moment could be bad.

Quote:
Old 09-06-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo hoo poor Cleveland lost an NFL franchise for a few years. Never has a city had to overcome so much.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Boo hoo poor Cleveland lost an NFL franchise for a few years. Never has a city had to overcome so much.
I think it's the fact that Modell pretty much lied to the people of Cleveland and went back on his word. And at the time the people of Cleveland didn't know if they'd ever have their franchise back, who at the time had come off a winning season the previous year. Then that same team goes on to become a winning franchise in Baltimore.

Obviously there are bigger things in life than losing a football team, but you could say that about a lot of things that people might be passionate about.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-06-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think it's the fact that Modell pretty much lied to the people of Cleveland and went back on his word. And at the time the people of Cleveland didn't know if they'd ever have their franchise back, who at the time had come off a winning season the previous year.
Man, that is so sad. Cleveland fans should stay bitter at a dead guy about it. Maybe he'll rise from the grave and give them a heart felt apology and an extra third rounder in the 2015 Draft.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lmao one of the few times Halsey doesn't make me smh

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Man, that is so sad. Cleveland fans should stay bitter at a dead guy about it. Maybe he'll rise from the grave and give them a heart felt apology and an extra third rounder in the 2015 Draft.
What the **** are you even saying? Just because he is dead means the fans cannot dislike him?

You're right, now that he is dead all of the Cleveland fans that had a dislike for him should start celebrating his life and loving him.

There is a difference between celebrating the death of the man (which only the classless idiots will do) and being indifferent and not letting it impact your day one way or the other or even caring.

I don't like what Modell did, it was stupid as **** but Cleveland wasn't giving him a new stadium so I understand it a bit. However, I am not gonna celebrate his life or his death, which is how many people in Cleveland are going to feel about it, and in all honesty a moment of silence would be a bad idea for Cleveland because it will just blow up with boos from all the people who are drunk at the time and think its funny at the time to say **** Modell.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I'd feel worse for Cleveland if they didn't get another team pretty quickly.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Art Modell is a greedy prick, and robbed the Browns of a potential Super Bowl team. But yes, the Browns should forgive him because he died even though he's still an asshole in death.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn and you ain't even a Browns fan haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Well I'm not sure how you would want Browns fans to act. They certainly aren't going to be sympathetic as far as his tenure in Cleveland is concerned. Nor should they be.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-06-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Interesting tidbit from another forum I frequent:

Quote:
Had he stayed in Cleveland, he would have been in the HOF years ago. The animosity toward him was (and to a large extent, still is) so virulent that any HOF ceremony involving him would have been drowned out in boos from Browns fans--especially since Canton is only an hour away from Cleveland. I recall the 1996 festivities (the first after the move) had about 100 people chanting, which unnerved Paul Tagliabue enough that he lost his train of thought at one point. The late Pete Pihos was among the HOFers there, and disgusted by the shouting, turned to the protesters and hollered, "Oh, shut up, already."

Quote:
Old 09-07-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ozzie Newsome and Jim Brown liked him, he couldn't have been that bad.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote