Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 1: 49ers at Packers

Week 1:
Sunday, September 9, 2012

San Francisco 49ers (0-0)
vs.
Green Bay Packers (0-0)

Time: 1:25 pm pst
Line: GB -5
Announcers (FOX): Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver

Dude, the 9ers are like Ö relevant again. This is awesome. Opening up at Lambeau? Yeah, Iíd say that pretty much means youíre relevant. Some people have SF in the Super Bowl. Relevant. Starting the season with Super Bowl aspirations is a beautiful thing.

And then this happens:

Which leads to this:

And then finally, this:

Which got me to thinking about how I wished this Aaron Rodgers fella was a 9er. So I looked it up and, you guys will never ever believe this, but it turns out the 9ers could have picked Rodgers instead of Alex Smith. Crazy huh. I totally researched it. No one ever mentioned it before. Ever. See, hereís proof:

Same draft. Turns out, the 9ers had the first overall pick. They took Smith. Seriously. I researched it. I bet the announcers mention it in the game. Youíre welcome Joe Buck.

I havenít been this excited about a season in a while. There is so much to be excited about.

This:

Definitely this:

I mean, if I was a girl Ö

As always, this:

All this awesome to get excited about, and then they go and drop this on us:

**** yeah. As far as low risk/high reward gambles go, this one has monster potential.

Or he could just end up like this:

My pick for 49er with the best stat line at the end of the year:

Gimme a thumbs up if you promise to stay out of off-the-field trouble:

Double? Ö Nice.

Back to the Packers, this has always scared me, like, Antonio Freeman-style scared.

Ugh, these guys are pretty good too:

BTW, if I was any good at photoshop, Iíd be putting all kinds of funny **** in Woodsonís hands.

And I guess theyíre going to rock this guy in the backfield

I kind of like the move for Green Bay. Wonít matter against our run D though.

The Packers are the early favorite for the Super Bowl. Rightfully so. I think they have the best team. I guess itís better to get this one out of the way early in the season. Helps our BCS standings.

And finally,

Hopefully moar of this:

And not this:

Standings:
Itís Week ******* 1. Iím not posting any standings!

Special Note: One last dance with this and then itís on to 2012:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so excited/nervous about this game. This needs to get here!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-07-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As always Borat, awesome breakdown. :)

Cant wait until Sunday and for the first year ever, I'll be able to watch every 49ers game. :) Thankfully, I have PS3 for NFL ST and Cablevision for the few MNF and TNF games. So pumped.

Packers passing offense is awesome but thats it. Their defense is average and their running game is non-existent. I'm more concerned about their return teams than I am with their defense and running game.

Personally, our offense hinges on two things - our OL playing up to their draft status/ability and WR Randy Moss. I believe that he is the wildcard. If he can at least match his 2009 season, our passing offsense will be a threat. If he repeats 2010, our offense as a whole will be what it was a year ago.

Either way, im definitely excited for Sunday's game. Definitely believe that we can win the game and if we dont, I'll be disappointed but as long as its within single digits, it wont be as bad considering its just the first game and its in Green Bay. I would be more concerned if this game was in December.

Hoping Moss crushes the Packers secondary and regains his old form.

49ers 24
Packers 20
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off great breakdown borat ... your hired to do the Packers game breakdowns this season as well :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am so excited/nervous about this game. This needs to get here!
I feel the same way. Best of luck. Well not really but you know I figured id show good sportsmanship. :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm way to pumped for this game!

Hopefully we have a passing game going and don't have to rely on just running the ball.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Years of disappointment has really tempered my expectations even after a 13-3 season. I just hope it doesn't end up like 49ers at Seattle on opening day two years ago. High expectations and the 49ers wet the bed. Oh and apparently Jacobs and Ginn are doubtful for the opener. Williams will be returning punts most likely. I pray Frank Gore has a huge game. I think he's the key. Hunter too.

How many points are the Packers favored by anyways?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 09-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Goon61
Rookie

Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goon61 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always love these threads, keep it comin
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Forgot to get Jordyzzz into the original post. ****.

I have remorse.

I pray to you oh holy one.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
How many points are the Packers favored by anyways?
GB -5 last time I checked

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay has more to prove than the Niners in this game. adding the pressure to them, providing a decent opportunity for an early season let down. They are at home and are the favorite. They are expected to win. They had the league's best record and were embarrassed in the playoffs. I like Harbaugh having this squad mentally ready to play hard, physical Niner football. With a solid defensive effort and the offense scoring TDs and not FGs, they'll come away with the W.

The one wildcard is if we'll see Harbaugh and Roman (now with a season and full non-lockout offseason) unleash Alex a bit to challenge this secondary that mightily struggled last season. I see some jump balls being thrown to Moss and some downfield shots to VD and Jenkins/Williams being mixed in. They were so Vanilla in preseason that it'll be exciting to see what the gameplan/wrinkles are in the passing game.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Packers don't score on their first drive. I also hope it's a long day. Man I'll be ******* pissed. Be ready. I really don't want to hear how it was the Green Bay defense that won the game and shut the 49ers down all day.

It will also be interesting to see how Aldon Smith maintains his stamina since he's going to be playing most of the downs now.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-07-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

By the way Harbaugh blew up today at the media session when asked about Kyle Williams.

Well watching it, he didn't really blow up, he just made the reporter look dumb for asking a dumb question that had been repeated time and time again.

Of course NFL.com made it seem like he was an asshole.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have an hour to kill- 49ers vs Packers Madden Simulation. Obviously things will be different but I've only watched the first quarter, and it seems feasible (the playcalls, formations, outcome on both offense and defense).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tt-XN983wI
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a crappy game. 13-6. And you can see exactly one of the major complaints with that crappy game. The play-calling. Seriously, a draw play to Gore that ends the game. 2K needs to return in two years because Tiburon and EA suck. M13 has so many problems, its amazing that it hit retail the way it did but then again, EA uses the consumers as testers so im not really surprised either. UGH.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you need more to hype yourself for the game... here's two vids...

Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Win or lose, I hope we all can temper the eventual freakout. It's just one non-divisional game.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I just hope the 49ers look prepared. I don't think that's too much to ask for. If they seem focused and don't make a lot of mistakes with penalties and turnovers they should have a decent shot to win the game.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's the nation-wide game, I really hope they just don't look like ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So glad to have the game threads back in my life. Been waiting over 6 months to get the taste of the NFCC game out of my mouth. Go 49ers!!!!!

"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game.Ē - Brian Wilson

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 09-09-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
it's the nation-wide game, I really hope they just don't look like ****.
Not for me.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk1.html

95% of the nation is getting it and I am in the 5% that isn't. Raging so much right now
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i can't watch the game on tv in Arizona

edit: gotta a link

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 09-09-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Why's it so dead in here?

23-7 going into the 4th
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for the normal refs to come back.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Hell Yeah what an awesome win!!!

D played great, for the most part. Seems like the difference was the 9ers had a passing game going most of the game.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 09-09-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Was hanging out in the other gameday thread.

What a huge ******* win. So many things I'm happy about.

Closed Thread