Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-02-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Yeah, Cal is going to get embarrassed but beacuse they're somewhat relevant on the national stage when Ohio State blows them out it'll only help Ohio State's reputation regardless of how bad the bears are.

Also, I hope we have a lot more blowouts this year so I and everyone else can see more of the USC back up qbs. Max Wittek had only 3 attempts but he looks good. When Barkley first started I wasn't that impressed with him throwing the ball. Wittek holds the ball in the right place, didn't panic and throw it right away. But mostly, the velocity he threw on the ball was outstanding. He's going to be a good one.

EDIT: anyone have a replay of the game?
Im surprised to be honest that Wittek is the back up right now. Many people think Kessler is better and Max Browne will be an EE to come in and compete for the starting job next year as a freshman. Itll be interesting to see who gets the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Fakahafua.. keep an eye out on that Ute d line

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've come back off the ledge for Stanford a little bit since the game. Stanford played bad but its still the first game and the team will get better/gel. Skov will be a big impact on defense next week and the offense will smooth out more.

I think I underrate San Jose St a little bit. They are in for a good year and are a better team that they get credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Colorado should do is throw some big money at a big time coach or an up-and-coming coach/recruiter. A coach/recruiter is infinitely more important in CFB than the NFL imo.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's USC's league to lose but I still think Oregon is gonna be real tough. I put some money on them to win the championship because if they beat USC they could go all the way.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Bama crushes either team so it doesn't really matter

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I say Bama crushes either team so it doesn't really matter
You're right. Why even play the season? Let's all hand them the crystal ball right now.

Actually they shouldn't even be forced to play the rest of their schedule. Let them rest until January.

Then next season, let's do the same thing. No college football, just a ceremony for Alabama.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yikes, Colorado lost to Sac State.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I'll just go ahead and say if UCLA upsets Nebraska they'll be the third best team in the conference. I may have overrated Washington but conference wise they're pretty competitive. They just don't have the athletes to run with LSU.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're right. Why even play the season? Let's all hand them the crystal ball right now.

Actually they shouldn't even be forced to play the rest of their schedule. Let them rest until January.

Then next season, let's do the same thing. No college football, just a ceremony for Alabama.
LSU always has a chance, just saying no one else does

Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU is gonna get smacked by Bama, Mettenberger isnt that impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

ASU vs. UCLA for third place.

EDIT: our conference might not be terrible this year after all. if the arizona schools hold up their end of the bargain.

Last edited by soybean : 09-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ASU is an entirely different team with Graham as HC, they seem disciplined for once

Old 09-09-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ASU is an entirely different team with Graham as HC, they seem disciplined for once
The PAC-10 (see what I did there) is looking to be more competitive than expected. Especially the South.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Damn rich rod laying the smack down. Guess he just couldn't handle the pressure of such a high profile school like Michigan.

also I watched the end of the ASU game and that defense looks NASTY. The were constantly in the backfield. One play for example Illinois was running a read option, one of the DE on ASU, Young, straight up tackled the rb with his left hand and the QB with his right hand. It was sick. I'm not exaggerating but their D straight up reminded me of Alabama and LSU. They were ****ing fast af.

Enough sun devil knob slobbing but just wanted to point out what I saw.

Last edited by soybean : 09-09-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

is Illinois even good? I know they didn't have their starting QB or whatever

Old 09-09-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
is Illinois even good? I know they didn't have their starting QB or whatever
Doubt it. But we'll see how good they really are next week. 100 points in 2 weeks is pretty impressive though.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Stanford game went better than expected. Nunez did some nice things pre-snap like protection & moving safeties to get single coverage, but damn does he lock on and just telegraph his passes. The guy will just stare down his receiver as he crosses the field and then a defender will just jump it.

OL did better in the run game and gave Nunez time, but the drop off of losing 2 big talents is evident.

If Toilolo is singled up wide without safety help, just throw it to him. He has at least 8" on most corners. Redzone threat, just throw it up high.

I know its Duke but the defense played considerably better. Got good pressure and just made tackles. Skov makes a difference out there. Duke barely even attempted to run the ball, just a million short passes that were easy to complete but only got 2 yards. Great perimeter tackling by the corners. Duke only had less than 125 yards before garbage time kicked in.

Real good turn around from last week. Still gonna get crushed next week probably, but I'm more optimistic about the season now. I suppose Barkley gets to beat Stanford once eventually.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 09-10-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome weekend for the Pac-12. 3-0 vs the Big Ten.

I don't think there's much of a question which is the stronger conference if Cal can beat Ohio State next week.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Awesome weekend for the Pac-12. 3-0 vs the Big Ten.

I don't think there's much of a question which is the stronger conference if Cal can beat Ohio State next week.
cmon man... we all know that's not going to happen.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

Quote:
cmon man... we all know that's not going to happen.
I don't know, Cal is weird like that. They'll look terrible one week but the next week they'll come out and almost beat a team like Oregon.

If they can contain Braxton Miller, make him throw, and actually get the ball to Keenan Allen consistently it sure is possible.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CAL has the talent to do it, but I can't see them beating Corch Irvin Myers' Buckeyes. They'll shoot themselves in the foot on O, and their D (which usually looks good) has been **** the last two games.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice weekend for Cal. Oregon St's defense might be for real - the really put the choke hold on a perennially strong Wisconsin running game. I can't wait to see them over the course of the season - especially against Oregon. Also - Sean Mannion bandwagon is open for people who want to jump on board!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Besides Colorado(obviously) there are a lot of good coaches now who seem to be building programs the right way

Old 09-15-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I lowkey can't wait for the ASU vs. Missouri game.