Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-09-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should tank the year and get yourself a real franchise QB. The only way anyone could win with Cassell is if they have an elite defense, and yours is far from it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
You guys should tank the year and get yourself a real franchise QB. The only way anyone could win with Cassell is if they have an elite defense, and yours is far from it.
Pioli will just draft a corner.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uhhh...what? The defense was missing three of the players that makes it an elite defense. Pass rush depth is a work in progress and they were down to their 7th or so corner because they were having Travis Daniels (who is also banged up) play safety with Lewis and Flowers out.

Cassel was very good today. He had one play that was WTF? But at that point, he was just trying to force something because they were down by 20 and the defense couldn't stop Atlanta. It was still a WTF? play no matter what, but I've seen Brady and Manning make plays like that in those situations.

I don't get the Cassel hate at all today. He was awesome in the first half and they (i.e. the entire team) were pressing after the missed field goal and going down by 10 in the second half. They gave up a couple team turnovers (Abraham beating Albert, Moeaki not catching a ball that was thrown perfectly to him - granted that should have been interference) and the game was over. The Cassel hate in this thread is silly.

Not much to worry about with this team, imo. I was optimistic that they'd overcome the injuries and play a lot better on defense, but they flat-out failed. For the level of play displayed, I blame the coaches for who was out there and for the scheme they utilized.

I think they should have been more conventional in replacing Flowers and Lewis. Granted, I don't know how banged up Daniels is, but he's a legit backup corner and Elam is a legit starting safety, despite his poor play in the pre-season. I don't think they lack depth in the secondary, but when you suffer that many injuries, there's just not much you can do.

This was a tough game for the Chiefs even if healthy. I don't think anyone had it chalked up as a win. I think they can beat teams like the Falcons, but they will need time to grow as a team. Lots of good to take away from this one even with an L. Let's look forward to next.

Last edited by nepg : 09-10-2012 at 12:38 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel isn't very good. Seems you're the only one that can't grasp that concept.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Pioli will just draft a corner.

Imagine if Dorsey had been taken by ATL.KC might have Matt Ryan instead of Cassel
Old 09-10-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We were missing four starters on defense. Four. Two of them are elite players at their positions too, and we had a 3rd string corner on the field.

First, it's stupid to judge our defense based on that performance.

Second, it's stupid to judge your offense on that performance.

But you're doing both anyway. Don't kick us when we're down Bos.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We were missing four starters on defense. Four. Two of them are elite players at their positions too, and we had a 3rd string corner on the field.

First, it's stupid to judge our defense based on that performance.

Second, it's stupid to judge your offense on that performance.

But you're doing both anyway. Don't kick us when we're down Bos.
Succop's missed FG really sucked the life out of this team
Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Cassel isn't very good. Seems you're the only one that can't grasp that concept.
i agree, he sucks and our HC is too soft. (a good DC but lame HC)
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel has never been more than mediocre, but some people can't see that. Or refuse to see it. Or are delusional.

I am hoping Pioli sees this as well and is getting ready to pull the trigger on a QB. I'm sick of this crap every year.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I firmly believe the only way the Chiefs take a QB is if Pioli is elsewhere. We're either looking at a losing season and a house cleaning after, or another mediocre season and a 1st round corner.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Cassel fan but he is taking way to much blame for this loss.

The D was down right awful and even if Cassel played lights out they still would have lost.

I'm not going to just give them a pass because Flowers and Hali were out. That performance was pathetic.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cassel has never been more than mediocre, but some people can't see that. Or refuse to see it. Or are delusional.

I am hoping Pioli sees this as well and is getting ready to pull the trigger on a QB. I'm sick of this crap every year.
yep,
Cassel folds at the slightest sign of pressure.
hell, the guy cant put a baseball cap on his head w/o a fumble.

every defensive coordinator on the Chiefs schedule already knows it, i cant understand why Pioli hasn't figured it out.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

The D was down right awful and even if Cassel played lights out they still would have lost.

I'm not going to just give them a pass because Flowers and Hali were out. That performance was pathetic.
I'm not just talking about this loss. I'm talking about all the losses. He isn't good enough. Period. He isn't good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Some people are, and some aren't. He isn't. He isn't a bad guy, thems just the breaks sometimes.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not just talking about this loss. I'm talking about all the losses. He isn't good enough. Period. He isn't good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Some people are, and some aren't. He isn't. He isn't a bad guy, thems just the breaks sometimes.
Cassel's a guy who is a great backup.a guy IMO who can fill in if a starter is hurt for 1 or 2 games.He's NOT a full time starter
Old 09-10-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

It wasn't just a Cassel loss. The entire team lost that game.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is blaming the loss on Cassell, hell the defense gave up 40 points. The consensus among most people here is that Cassell is not very good, and I agree with that.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-10-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The perfomance by the team wasn't good enough. They need a QB to get to another level and Cassel can't do that.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think losing Carr will hurt you guys this season.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel was terrible in the 2nd half. Should have thrown 3 INT's but Samuel misplaced the ball on his hand when he had an easy one. Guess who brought Cassel in?

The DL sucked the worst out of everyone. Couldn't get any pressure on Matt Ryan. Guess who drafted 2 of the 3 starting DL?

Jonathan Baldwin didn't even play. Guess he wasn't good enough. Guess who drafted him?

Neither our OC or HC could make any kind of adjustment. They also don't have respect of the players. Guess who brought them in?

See where this is headed? This season is going to blow up in Pioli's face. 7 wins max. Clark better flush this Patriot BS down the toilet.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think Pioli is the problem except for the fact that he brought Cassel is and hasn't drafted a QB yet. Other than that he has completely increased the talent on this team 10 fold from what it was.

Our offensive line is starting to become elite, our RBs are very good, we have a good WR / TE group, and a lot of talent everywhere on defense.

Aside from QB, Pioli has done a fantastic job at bringing in talent. He just needs to finally improve QB. It's time.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I don't think anyone is blaming the loss on Cassell, hell the defense gave up 40 points. The consensus among most people here is that Cassell is not very good, and I agree with that.
Again, we were without FOUR starters. Kendrick Lewis is solid, Anthony Toribio is solid, but Flowers and Hali are ELITE PLAYERS at their positions. I don't know any defense that could hold a high powered offense to a low score without their key contributors.

Sure, injuries happen, but we were without our best pass rusher, our best cover corner, HIS backup, our starting free safety, our starting nose tackle, a guy who is important in our sub pass rushing packages (Allen Bailey) and our two starting inside linebackers were 50% at best.

There are injuries, and then there is your starting defense missing half of the people who make it work.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
I also think losing Carr will hurt you guys this season.
So far it hasn't. Having Carr still wouldn't of done anything to change the fact they had Jacques Reeves starting and the Falcons were torching him.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Again, we were without FOUR starters. Kendrick Lewis is solid, Anthony Toribio is solid, but Flowers and Hali are ELITE PLAYERS at their positions. I don't know any defense that could hold a high powered offense to a low score without their key contributors.

Sure, injuries happen, but we were without our best pass rusher, our best cover corner, HIS backup, our starting free safety, our starting nose tackle, a guy who is important in our sub pass rushing packages (Allen Bailey) and our two starting inside linebackers were 50% at best.

There are injuries, and then there is your starting defense missing half of the people who make it work.
I don't know why you bring this up again, I know already. I'm trying to say that no one is blaming Cassell for the loss, because it's not all his fault. The defense was simply not good. It doesn't matter why they were not good, but the reason you guys lost was partly because of the D and because of Cassell.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not blaming this loss SOLELY on Cassel, because that isn't fair or accurate, but he was A reason for it. He is not good enough to start, and I only know one person (nepg) who disagrees with that assessment.

This team will not take the next step until we have a franchise signal caller, period.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame the loss on the dirty block Harry Douglas made on the Julio screen that went for a TD. That should have been a 15 yard penalty.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote