Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-10-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, that's true, but that was also Spags first coordinator job. I feel like he should know how to adjust far quicker to a new team.

I'm not saying I'm rooting for the Redskins or that we'll never beat them again. I fully expect to beat them when we play. I'm just saying he's a fantastic player with a unique skill set so defending him will be a challenge.

It's just too bad. If he went to any other team out of the NFC East I would have probably been rooting hard for him.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't we draft Stephen Hill again?......
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Probably thought he was too dumb to fit our system.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Probably thought he was too dumb to fit our system.
I don't think he's dumb. He went to G Tech, they don't normally bend the rules too much for talented players. Especially WRs who aren't asked to catch. But his learning curve is stacked against him. He blocked for 50+ plays every week in college. It would be like going form 1+1=2 to advanced calculus.

I also think we liked Randle better regardless. There was talk that we could have taken him instead of Wilson in round 1. When both Hill and Randle were available.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 09-10-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Hill is still who I wanted but we'll see how he does throughout the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Good news: Prince and Austin back at practice today.
Bad news: Phillips and Rivers sat.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Phillips sat back because of his back. Coughlin said he'll practice tomorrow. Prince is optimistic about playing Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Just guessing, but it seems likely that even if you guys had taken Hill you would have sat him down anyway just like Randle seeing as he was much more raw and rough around the edges. Hard to tell how good players are unless you throw them out there. Hill had a brutal pre-season, but he's the starter by default, gave him some chances to make some plays out there and he made the most of them. Randle may have done the same thing, but he didn't even get into the game.

With the mistakes Hill was making through August, Coughlin probably wouldn't have trusted him in a game situation for some time. I like Randle better personally, but also realize that in Hill if he's coached up properly and he develops he's got insane upside. Classic swing for the fences pick, nobody would be surprised in the least bit if he ended up flaming out of the league all together but he's got a skill set that could make him a terror for DB's.

From what I saw though, he was just out there making plays. Route running, catching with his hands, learning how to read coverages, all needs a ton of work still. But when guys are an athlete, just give them a chance. That's what I felt Coughlin should have done with Randle on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We know, BBD's even warmed many of us that weren't Randle fans up to him. But Stephen Hill would've been so amazing once we'd gotten to polish him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill also doesn't have Nicks and Cruz in front of him.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

But that also could have helped him since he would have seen worse CB's and he can learn slowly instead of being thrown right into the fire.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm actually a little nervous with what Schiano is going to throw at us defensively. We already can't run the ball and look at what he just did to Carolina's running game. Eli is going to have to carry us in this one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and I hope Gilbride knows that. Let's open up the ******* playbook and attack their corners. Cruz knows he caught a lot of **** (about all he caught) for last game and nicks is another week healthier. Let's pick on their weak corners and let Eli do what Eli does
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree but Schiano also does an excellent job with the DB's. Barron is going to be a stud under his tutelage.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree but Schiano also does an excellent job with the DB's. Barron is going to be a stud under his tutelage.
I agree, but for now, their secondary is weak, especially at corner and I think it's something we could (and should) exploit
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's our strength, their weakness so yeah I would hope the offensive coaching staff realizes it. Schiano likes to blitz a lot also so maybe we can catch them on a few.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta give Schiano credit for jumping you guys for Doug Martin too. I know your FO said they liked Wilson more, but personally I don't know if that's the truth. I never thought that and I know most had Martin ahead of Wilson too.

But I agree with LL. I don't think Coughlin would've given Hill the same opportunity and I don't think WR was your biggest need. I was afraid you'd take Janoris Jenkins, Courtney Upshaw, Devon Still, Jerel Worthy, or Konz.

I personally don't think 1st round picks should be spent on RB unless they are a top 10 pick type RB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We definitely had Wilson rated higher than Martin.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We definitely had Wilson rated higher than Martin.
Not arguing that that's what they've said. ...and if true, I think it will appear wrong not before long.

We'll see though. I also think Tampa kind of panicked in trading up for him.

I thought Robert Turbin would've been the best fit for you guys. The best replacement for Jacobs and the best compliment to Bradshaw.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why everyone has given up on Wilson already, but I am still very optimistic.

Anyway, Joe Haden has been suspended 4 games for PEDs. Wanna know whats crazy? Instead of being suspended for the first 4 games of the season, he played against the Eagles and now is suspended for weeks 2-5. Who is their week 5 matchup? Us :)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Wilson will be a stud. Also, I dislike Bradshaw so much :/

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Let's pick on their weak corners and let Eli do what Eli does
Weak corners? Aqib Talib and Eric Wright aren't exactly weak. If you're looking solely at Cam Newton's passing numbers from yesterday I suppose it would look that way, though you need to consider that the Bucs completely sold out on stopping the run.

As for the David Wilson/Doug Martin debate, I'm happy with how Doug Martin has performed so far, but I think it's far too early to tell whether or not Wilson's ball control issues will carry over from college. As a Bucs fan, I remember that Cadillac Williams looked like he was heading for a Hall of Fame career after his first four regular season games (and his first full season, actually). Things can change, though I am happy that the Bucs have Martin.

I'm really looking forward to this game, as I'm interested in seeing whether or not the defensive effort against the Panthers was an anomaly. (I hope not.) The Giants have a more versatile offense than the Panthers, so it'll be interesting to see what Schiano and Sheridan cook up, especially since both Bucs coordinators have inside experience with the Giants.

I don't think the Bucs will win, but I do hope they'll keep it close. I can't take any more blowout losses like the team incurred over the last two-thirds of last season... Yesterday gave me hope that Schiano has this team back on the road to respectability, so I guess we'll see.

Anyway, here's to a clean, injury-free game next weekend, and I hope you Rutgers fans don't have too much difficulty rooting against your former coach.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Talib and Wright aren't exactly what you'd call strong. And compared to your run D, the corners are easily the weakness of the team at this point
Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Talib and Wright aren't exactly what you'd call strong. And compared to your run D, the corners are easily the weakness of the team at this point
I'm not prepared to call any position on this defense a strength yet. Yeah, they defended the run well against Carolina, but this is a team that was dead last in rush defense (156 YPG) and several other categories last season.

As far as Talib and Wright go, they're not fantastic, but they've done well enough in what they've been asked to do so far, so I suppose we'll see. I will say that Talib is far too much of a gambler for my liking.

Also, if the Bucs have one weakness that stands out, it's definitely the right side of the offensive line. Davin Joseph being out for the year means that Ted Larsen is the starting RG and Jeremy Trueblood, who sucks out loud, is the RT. I expect the Giants to bring the heat on that side and the Bucs do do what they did against the Panthers: Run to the left behind Carl Nicks and Donald Penn.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers' Jarrett Bush says 49ers 'really didn't beat us'
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...content_stream

LOL. Looks like the packers team is in denial when teams beat them.

Green Bay Packers’ Clay Matthews: Giants Didn’t Beat Us in the Playoffs, We Beat Ourselves

http://www.giants101.com/2012/08/08/...eat-ourselves/

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 09-10-2012 at 08:19 PM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote