Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-10-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Which Teams Will / Should Go QB?

I think Buffalo should definitely take a qb this upcoming draft. I know they gave Fitzmagic an extension but he was never really that good in the first place. I understand your team is a business but I think you can't always think dollars.

Fitzpatrick kind of reminds me of Marc Bulger. Extremely overrated because they played a few good games.

Also, I think Philly should give Foles 25% of snaps this year to see if they have anything in him and if not, then I would think they SHOULD look into it too.

What teams do you think should go qb and who can you see going where?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo - Barkley/Wilson
AZ - Bray/Wilson
KC - Wilson
SEA - Not sure but they could invest a first rounder in a QB.

I think Wilson is a real wildcard - right now he can probably go anywhere from the top 10 to the mid-20s.

Last edited by SolidGold : 09-10-2012 at 01:52 PM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think once Weeden is done having one of the worst seasons of all time and we go 2-14, the new Sheriff is going to hit the reset button and bring in new people. I'm reluctant to think Holmgren and Shurmur will be here in '13.

My point is, if we score the #1 or #2 you'd almost have to think we retry for a better quarterback prospect that's younger and better (Barkley if he is indeed the best prospect in April, things could change).

So I'd put CLE on your list as a very strong candidate for a new signal caller.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 09-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland should definately look QB with D being second.

I would love one of Wilson(1) or Bray(2)

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo- Fitzpatrick was having a great season last year. He signed his new contract and he immediately returned to sucking. I don't know if it was because he took the money and ran or if teams started to figure him out. Whichever it is, he is not the QB of the future in Buffalo. I don't think they will be bad enough to get a top QB so I think Landry Jones is the guy.

Cleveland-I wasn't high on Weeden, even when discounting his age. Add in the fact that he is nearing 30, I wouldn't have picked him before the 4th of 5th round. He was absolutely awful yesterday and I don't think he will get much better. If the Browns are smart (a huge if), this will be Weeden's only year as a starting QB in the NFL. I think they end up with the top overall pick and if that is the case, I think they go Tyler Bray.

St. Louis-Most people will balk at this, but I'm not all that high on Bradford. I know, I know. His line sucks, his weapons suck. Well, you could say the same thing about Jay Cutler the last two years and he led the Bears to a 17-8 record those years. If the Rams land another top five pick, they seriously need to consider getting a QB. They will likely be in position to grab Barkley in 2013.

Arizona- Unless Kolb suddenly becomes decent, he'll be cut next year. John Skelton isn't much better. Having guys like Fitzgerald and Floyd is a waste if you don't have a QB. Tyler Wilson is who I see in Arizona next year.

I would add Philadelphia because I doubt Vick is there next season, but if they like Nick Foles, I don't think they'll pick a QB early. Tampa Bay is in the same boat as St. Louis. If they suck, that means Freeman has had one good season and a bunch of crap. I could really see them relpacing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Philly drafting Logan Thomas. Yes, it is because he's black and yes it is because he's athletic.

I know almost all rookie qbs play right away but I think that's just because the teams are so bad. If your team is still a decent team, I think you can afford it. In that sense I would let Logan sit because right now he's more potential than product.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very Likely
Bills
Chiefs
Browns
Cards

Could Happen
Jets
Raiders
Jags
Eagles
Rams
Seahawks

Long Shot
Dolphins
Titans
49ers
Vikings
Bucs

No Chance
Patriots
Broncos
Chargers
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Colts
Texans
Cowboys
Redskins
Giants
Packers
Lions
Bears
Falcons
Saints
Panthers
Old 09-10-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I actually think Texans are a darkhorse team to look into a qb, not that they'd be picking high enough.

Schaub is 31, only played a full season twice.

Why not groom a team that's already superbowl ready?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I actually think Texans are a darkhorse team to look into a qb, not that they'd be picking high enough.

Schaub is 31, only played a full season twice.

Why not groom a team that's already superbowl ready?
They just signed him to a new deal yesterday so I figure that took them out of the potental QB market
Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
They just signed him to a new deal yesterday so I figure that took them out of the potental QB market
I missed that.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Carson Palmer isn't bad enough for us to be horrendous but also not good enough to get out of QB drafting range.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles season tanks, I do not see them passing on a top flight QB prospect because of Nick Foles being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Browns ofc. I don't know why they wasted a 1st round pick on Weeden to begin with.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If the Eagles season tanks, I do not see them passing on a top flight QB prospect because of Nick Foles being there.
From what I saw out of Nick Foles, I think he deserves a shot to play over Vick if the Eagles keep playing like crap. He may not be great, but Andy Reid is the master of polishing **** at QB.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams I can imagine looking at quarterbacks are Arizona, Buffalo, Kansas City, Oakland.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the cap penalty if the Bills cut Fitz?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City. But then again I've wanted a QB since 2003 and it hasn't happened yet so **** me right?

I would kill for Tyler Wilson or Logan Thomas.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs should draft a Qb early.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kansas City. But then again I've wanted a QB since 2003 and it hasn't happened yet so **** me right?

I can't say I see why. Lots of upside, but has so far not really put it together on the field.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I can't say I see why. Lots of upside, but has so far not really put it together on the field.
I hope for Logan's sake he stays one more year.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

**** you buddy! Wilson will be in silver and black. You can have Bray.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm at a point where I don't care if we draft a worse version of Blaine Gabbert in the first round.. as long as we try. I'm so envious of the Vikings, Jags, Titans, etc. Their QBs might not make it, they might be busts, but they've TRIED.. and that's more than I can say about the Chiefs.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think there isn't a hair's difference in tools or ability between Andy Dalton and Matt Barkley. He's still probably going to be the first QB taken but I doubt he'll be the best signal caller from the 2013 class.

IMO Wilson/Bray/Geno Smith are the top three QBs in this class, including Barkley.

If the Browns take Barkley I think they're going to be disappointed in three years.

The Cards/Browns/Bills/Cards are the only teams I see actively shopping for a QB in the top 10 as an urgent need.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
But won't.

"Cassel just needs more time...and weapons!@1"
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
But he's about the same age as Brandon Weeden! They just need to get him some weapons.