Early Season Top 32 for 2013 Mock
UPDATED - 9/30
1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Barkevious Mingo*/DE/ LSU:
Just a lot of pure potential here but Mingo has the ability to put up a solid season then blow everybody away with his physical testing post season.
2. Oakland Raiders Geno Smith /QB/ West Virginia:
Smith is basically this season's RG3. His physical skills aren't on Griffin's level and his arm talent is not much more than Barkley's, but he makes up for it with an incredible drive and work ethic.
3. Cleveland Browns Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
Dez Bryant caliber talent without the off field baggage. Browns may have just spent a supplemental on Gordon but that move looks very questionable now. My early take on "Flash" is that he's not looking anywhere close to a #1 WR. -try Michael Jenkins pt 2. Little remains a project probably better suited as a situational RB/WR and Massaqoui is surely one of the softest WRs in the league and his contract is up.
4. Kansas City Chiefs Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Who didn't watch Wilson go off on his squad the other week for quitting and not come away impressed? This guy is like Tony Romo with fire. His mobility, arm strength, knack for producing under heavy pressure and ability to fit it into tight windows puts him over Geno for me.
5. New Orleans Saints Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah:
Saints also may need a LT to protect Brees but their top priority is probably going to be to rebuild their defense. If they get a shot at Star they can't pass.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
Barkley has his critics but he looks a lot like Drew Brees at times. Realistically, I'd say he's something between a Brees and a lesser Matt Ryan. That's a far cry from a big armed athletic type like Freeman but Schaino might be looking for a better game manager. It's fairly quick to move on from Freeman but you get the sense that Schiano is not the patient type.
7. Miami - Robert Woods* /WR/ USC :
They may trade down but the Fins should end up with either Allen or Woods unless they have a shot at Mingo or another stud DE.
8. Indianapolis Colts John Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
Hankins is almost as perfect a scheme fit for the Colts as Star.
9. New York Jets - Jarvis Jones /OLB/ Georgia:
Jones is the prototypical 34 OLB but he' doesn't look like the greatest athlete to me. His numbers are eye popping but he's a little bit of an overachiever type. He's like a smaller Tambi Hali. I'd like to put Logan Thomas here but I'm not sure a raw QB is what Rex needs right now, although he IS basically a combination of Sanchez and Tebow.
10. Carolina Panthers - Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
Is it finally time to move Gross back over? Oday makes it look effortless. Great athletic ability and attitude for the position. Needs only a strong position coach to clean up his technique.
11. St. Louis Rams (WAS) - Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
How the Rams are getting by starting Hunter at LT?
12. St. Louis Rams - T.J. McDonald /S/ USC::
With Reid's stock dropping, T.J. becomes the top safety.
13. Minnesota Vikings - Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Vikings could use a new centerpiece for the defense.
14. Philadelphia Eagles E.J. Manuel /QB/ Florida State:
Not a huge fan of Manuel but his making progress and it's impossible to ignore his skill set.
15. Seattle Seahawks - Justin Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
The next Malcolm Floyd? :)
16. Arizona Cardinals - Taylor Lewan /OT/ Michigan:
I'm sensing the Cards might trade back into the first to hit their top two needs, QB and Oline. ( L.Jones?)
17. Tennessee Titans - Damontre Moore* /DE/ Texas A&M:
Moore really stands out on that bad A&M defense and could have a big season.
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
Vaccaro is overrated imo but Jeromy Miles?
19. Detroit Lions - Jonathan Banks /CB/ Miss. State:
Smh Lion defense.
20. Dallas Cowboys - Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
Unless they spend money in FA, the Cowboys have to look again at the Oline.
21. San Diego Chargers Brennan Williams /OT/ North Carolina:
Chargers have gone defense in the 1st in 4 of the last 5 drafts.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Le'Veon Bell* /RB/Michigan State:
23. Denver Broncos -Xavier Rhodes /CB/ Florida State:
There's a bunch of quality RBs if the Broncos want to go that route but Champ can't play forever.
24. Chicago Bears - Johnathan Cooper /OG/ North Carolina:
Can Chicago go anywhere but Oline high THIS year?
25. San Francisco 49ers - Jesse Williams/DE/Alabama:
Gets a shot this year at the nose but with his impressive movement skills he makes a good he's a 34 DE.
26. Buffalo Bills Stedman Bailey* /WR/ West Virginia:
Outplayed elite talent Claiborne imo last season and could blow up, Kendall Wright style this year. Tavon Austin is getting the pub but this guy is the teams best WR. Don't worry about the QB need, there's always Collin Klein in the 2nd.
27. Green Bay Packers - Joseph Randle /RB/ Oklahoma St.:
Quietly stepped up his game in the absence of Weeden and Blackmon. A complete back who should contend to be the first RB selected.
28. Baltimore Ravens Corey Lemonier /DE-OLB/ Auburn:
Keeps improving. Injury prone but continues to produce.
29. Atlanta Falcons - Sam Montgomery /DE/ LSU:
30. New England Patriots - Barrett Jones /OG/ Alabama:
Will become more valuable because of his versatility.
31. Houston Texans David Amerson /S/ NC State:
Exposed at CB and might now be the #2 safety.
32. New York Giants Ricky Wagner /OT/Wisconsin:
Plug and play OT.
..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now...but it's like my penance
Originally Posted by borg9
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Originally Posted by DBess
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Last edited by Brown Leader : 10-05-2012 at 02:25 PM.