Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not arguing that that's what they've said. ...and if true, I think it will appear wrong not before long.

We'll see though. I also think Tampa kind of panicked in trading up for him.

I thought Robert Turbin would've been the best fit for you guys. The best replacement for Jacobs and the best compliment to Bradshaw.
I know for a fact we did though. A man who runs a very prominent Giants website was told that would be the pick he were available there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is with that Packers team?

Quote:
“I’m not saying Dallas didn’t beat us, they definitely did,” Tuck said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “They did a lot of things better than we did. But we didn’t play well. In certain situations, we didn’t give ourselves a chance to win the game. That’s not to say that if we would have played well we would have won. I don’t know.”
That's how you are supposed to be humble.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
What is with that Packers team?
They're a bit cocky. Some teams are so it is what it is. Let them keep thinking it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Wilson was my #2 rb behind richardson, so I believe the Giants when they say he was their guy. Dont get me wrong, I liked both wilson and randle, but I loved Hill.

I think they went for more polish and didn't want another project like Barden was. But I think that was a mistake.

I also loved Turbin. I would have went Hill and Turbin. But I also learned not to question Reese too much.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

9 point favorites on Sunday. I don't know why but this game is really scaring me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every game scares me. I know our offense is good and such, but I am tired of the situational play calling, specifically in the red zone. If we had a game or bet, let's try to limit's Eli's TD passes throughout the season, our team would be that.

Those running plays were awful to call. I nearly threw the TV remote at the tv. You'd think Eli wasn't our best offensive player on the field. What can we do to get the ball out if Eli's hand? Hmm.. I got it! Let's run the ball! No matter that we stunk all game running it, let's just run it because we don't want to throw it! And... if we get stopped on first down, you guessed it! Run it again!!!! YAY!

Our situational play calling after all these seasons is wearing me down. I despise it with utter malice from the bottom of my heart. Ok, that feels better! I am stressed about my MCATS. But still I hate that series in the red zone.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Every game scares me. I know our offense is good and such, but I am tired of the situational play calling, specifically in the red zone. If we had a game or bet, let's try to limit's Eli's TD passes throughout the season, our team would be that.

Those running plays were awful to call. I nearly threw the TV remote at the tv. You'd think Eli wasn't our best offensive player on the field. What can we do to get the ball out if Eli's hand? Hmm.. I got it! Let's run the ball! No matter that we stunk all game running it, let's just run it because we don't want to throw it! And... if we get stopped on first down, you guessed it! Run it again!!!! YAY!

Our situational play calling after all these seasons is wearing me down. I despise it with utter malice from the bottom of my heart. Ok, that feels better! I am stressed about my MCATS. But still I hate that series in the red zone.
I'm with you 100% on that one. Our line sucks so let's run the ball! I'd have given our best player 3 chances to find something he likes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose this game, then you can forget about any chance at a repeat. We should be able to contain Freeman. We won't score like hell on them, they have a good defense, but we should be able to score more than they can.

The bucs will cover though. Take the points.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If we lose this game, then you can forget about any chance at a repeat. We should be able to contain Freeman. We won't score like hell on them, they have a good defense, but we should be able to score more than they can.

The bucs will cover though. Take the points.
I've missed that being said about the Bucs.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I've missed that being said about the Bucs.
Tampa is one of my sleeper teams this year. Love that defense. But Freeman needs to show me more. Alot more.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I can't really see us covering the 9 but I don't care about that. This is one of the easier W's on the schedule so we need to grab it. Same goes with the Panthers and Browns. We can't have a letdown in any of those games this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We just can't go 0-2. Regardless of who we're playing. I want to see Barden or Randle out there instead of Hixon too.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah I can't really see us covering the 9 but I don't care about that. This is one of the easier W's on the schedule so we need to grab it. Same goes with the Panthers and Browns. We can't have a letdown in any of those games this year.
This. Win or "bust", in the sense that we won't be a true contender this season if we don't beat them.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
But Freeman needs to show me more. Alot more.
Can't disagree with that, but Sunday wasn't a good representation of what he can do.

Schiano said that the gameplan was to control the clock and keep the ball in our possession. They called a pretty conservative game designed to limit mistakes, especially in the second half. Freeman looked pretty sharp in the first half, though.

That type of gameplan probably won't work against the Giants, so I expect that they'll open things up more and look to move the ball down the field through the air rather than feeding Martin as much as they did. (Unless we're somehow winning.)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Can't disagree with that, but Sunday wasn't a good representation of what he can do.

Schiano said that the gameplan was to control the clock and keep the ball in our possession. They called a pretty conservative game designed to limit mistakes, especially in the second half. Freeman looked pretty sharp in the first half, though.

That type of gameplan probably won't work against the Giants, so I expect that they'll open things up more and look to move the ball down the field through the air rather than feeding Martin as much as they did. (Unless we're somehow winning.)
Zak, BBD and I can attest to this...with Schiano, get used to that gameplan. Airing it out was never exactly his style
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Zak, BBD and I can attest to this...with Schiano, get used to that gameplan. Airing it out was never exactly his style
and this is why i drafted martin in the 4th and ran

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys would know better than me, having seen more of what he likes to do at Rutgers.

I'm ok with conservative gameplans so long as it results in wins. At the same time, Schiano doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is foolish enough to stick with a plan in spite of the opponent. While I doubt we'll see a game in which we abandon the run (like we did the last time we played the Giants in NYC... Gruden was the coach and we threw it 40+ times with high winds...), I do think that Schiano will look to have the team taking more shots down the field against the more dangerous offenses in the league, such as the Saints.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys would know better than me, having seen more of what he likes to do at Rutgers.

I'm ok with conservative gameplans so long as it results in wins. At the same time, Schiano doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is foolish enough to stick with a plan in spite of the opponent. While I doubt we'll see a game in which we abandon the run (like we did the last time we played the Giants in NYC... Gruden was the coach and we threw it 40+ times with high winds...), I do think that Schiano will look to have the team taking more shots down the field against the more dangerous offenses in the league, such as the Saints.
I mean, his bread and butter is stout defense and a strong running attack. I mean, granted, that could be because he had Ray Rice and a strong run blocking Oline (ZUUUUUUUTTAH!) and later on, weak pass blocking Olines and weak QB's. He'll throw it downfield (ie Britt) but his main style and ground and pound. Get the lead, stop you from scoring, and grind it out. Which is a stlye I'm fine with. LOOOOVES to set up playactions with it. He's not too stubborn to not throw the ball around, but don't look for Freeman to be putting up 30-40 pass attempts a game and if the run game's not working, he may stick with it a little TOO long for fans liking.

This is no knock on Freeman (although he did have a pretty bad year last year) but I do wanna see what schiano would do with a top QB
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
I mean, his bread and butter is stout defense and a strong running attack. I mean, granted, that could be because he had Ray Rice and a strong run blocking Oline (ZUUUUUUUTTAH!) and later on, weak pass blocking Olines and weak QB's. He'll throw it downfield (ie Britt) but his main style and ground and pound. Get the lead, stop you from scoring, and grind it out. Which is a stlye I'm fine with. LOOOOVES to set up playactions with it. He's not too stubborn to not throw the ball around, but don't look for Freeman to be putting up 30-40 pass attempts a game and if the run game's not working, he may stick with it a little TOO long for fans liking.

This is no knock on Freeman (although he did have a pretty bad year last year) but I do wanna see what schiano would do with a top QB
I get what you're saying and I do agree that he'll be hesitant to abandon the run, which is a quality I actually like. Last season our OC managed to start a running joke on one of the Bucs boards I frequent termed "SHOTGUN FURY!" because we were lining up in shotgun what seemed like 95% of the time, even when we were in third-and-short situations.

What I expect from Schiano is to adjust the style of offense that we run. He and his coordinators clearly understood that the way to beat the Panthers is to stop the run and control the clock to keep the ball out of Newton's hands. They called a lot of short passes and runs to facilitate this, but that's not going to work against a team like the Saints, who are capable of putting up a lot of points quite quickly. When we play them, I fully expect the Bucs to utilize the run to try to control time of possession but also look more to deep and intermediate routes in the passing game because, let's face it... Sixteen points isn't going to cut it against New Orleans.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

very true, i'm interested to see how you guys play/do against the saints.

but then again, maybe that style he runs is why we could never beat WVU...

oh god, bad memories. BAD MEMORIES
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
very true, i'm interested to see how you guys play/do against the saints.

but then again, maybe that style he runs is why we could never beat WVU...

oh god, bad memories. BAD MEMORIES
It's kind of funny how that works.

South Florida always seemed to do well against West Virginia, but got whipped against Schiano's Rutgers squads who in turn struggled against the Mountaineers.

As much as I respected what Schiano did for the Scarlet Knights, as a Bulls fan I have to admit that I harbored some disdain for him because the Bulls could never seem to beat his squads.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He couldn't stop spread offenses until last year when he finally held Cincy. Let's see with NFL players if he can do it now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It's kind of funny how that works.

South Florida always seemed to do well against West Virginia, but got whipped against Schiano's Rutgers squads who in turn struggled against the Mountaineers.

As much as I respected what Schiano did for the Scarlet Knights, as a Bulls fan I have to admit that I harbored some disdain for him because the Bulls could never seem to beat his squads.
I think it's cool Rutgers is playing USF this week down there while Schiano and his Bucs are playing the Giants up here. Very coincidental.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 09-11-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I found think it's cool Rutgers is playing USF this week down there while Schiano and his Bucs are playing the Giants up here. Very coincidental.
Are they really? I haven't had any time at all to pay attention to college football this season, but that is pretty cool, especially since they'll be playing in the same stadium Schiano's current team calls home.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

While I'm thinking of it, I've got a question for you guys.

I was looking over the official Giants board and the general consensus over there seems to be that the offensive line is one of the worst in the league (Carolina might disagree with that) and that your team is down to "5th and 6th string" in the cornerback department. Would you guys agree with this assessment or are they just a bunch of negative Nancy's on that board?