Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been souring on bourbon lately, idk why. Just don't love it like I used to. I've been all about scotch and redbreast lately.
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk if it's an acquired taste but I can not drink stuff by themselves on the rocks. Have to mix it with something. Only thing I can do is shoot tequila.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could all buy some cheap scotch in a barrel or brew your own and just keep it around. Then open the barrel 20-25 years later.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Idk if it's an acquired taste but I can not drink stuff by themselves on the rocks. Have to mix it with something. Only thing I can do is shoot tequila.
I generally drink liquor neat if it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
You could all buy some cheap scotch in a barrel or brew your own and just keep it around. Then open the barrel 20-25 years later.
Not the same thing.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love scotch. I need to drink it more often. Always neat.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I generally drink liquor neat if it's good.

Not the same thing.
the aging is done in the barrel no? Once in bottle it doesn't count.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyway, I had this a few nights ago.....twas epic....maybe my favorite scotch ever.

How much did this run you? I'm a scotch virgin but have been wanting to pop my cherry - I was thinking saturday for the Ohio State - Cal game. If I'm trying it for the first time I want it to be something nice; that way, if I dislike it, it won't be under false pretenses (a la trying a **** quality).

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
the aging is done in the barrel no? Once in bottle it doesn't count.
There is a lot more to it then that. Just google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
How much did this run you? I'm a scotch virgin but have been wanting to pop my cherry - I was thinking saturday for the Ohio State - Cal game. If I'm trying it for the first time I want it to be something nice; that way, if I dislike it, it won't be under false pretenses (a la trying a **** quality).
It was a friend's bottle, I'm sure it was pretty expensive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's a mistake. it'd be like someone who's never had beer jumping straight to a dipa. get something middle of the road and relatively cheap, then work up from there.
Yup. Just get Glenlivet or something.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do either of you have a suggestion for something reasonably priced then?

Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Glenlivet is always my go to recommendation for a starter scotch. Glenfiddich is fine as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May pick up a bottle as well. See what this is all about.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Just don't be lame and do something like drinking it on ice.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

I have to drink it at room temp??

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I have to drink it at room temp??
Yeah....if you're drinking any good liquor then you want to do so neat and at room temperature. Cold inhibits taste.....hence why Coors Light cans have to turn blue.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Yeah....if you're drinking any good liquor then you want to do so neat and at room temperature. Cold inhibits taste.....hence why Coors Light cans have to turn blue.
Anything I've ever had warm tasted disgusting. But rly it was only beer that warmed up in my hand lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had some Blue last night neat. I've had it one other time but it is damn good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
nonono, don't drink average scotch neat the first time. add some water or soda (a bit of soda water is better). not like a mixed drink, but just a touch. it'll mellow it out. when you get to better stuff, then go neat.
meh.....I'd go neat, but a tsp. or so of water is acceptable. No ice though.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had some of this stuff over the weekend for the first time, I most definitely approve.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

I'm going to bite the bullet and ask what you guys mean by neat?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
straight. like a shot, but sipped.

and i only don't go neat, rob, because the cheaper stuff has more of a burn. i think, for a novice, it's more enjoyable if you can get the taste, without the alcohol burn.
Yeah, I get that. I enjoy the burn/warming sensation, but I guess it could be unpalatable for a newbie. Glenlivet is pretty mild though. I guess my advice would be to do a dram with some water and if you like it, give one a go neat as you can always add the water later.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I received this gift for my latest birthday, best gift I have had in a while:
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by njx9 : 09-11-2012 at 08:33 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I received this gift for my latest birthday, best gift I have had in a while:

https://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/...Fs%2F189010031

why you sending out virus?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG. am I ? Sugar. Lemme try something.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Does that work>?
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd also suggest Glenlivet. These days I wouldn't dream of drinking it any way other than neat; but if you're new to scotch, you might want to throw an ice cube in.

Whatever you do, stay away from Johnnie Walker Red Label. If you're going with the bottom-mid shelf stuff, Clan MacGregor is just as good at a lower price.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote