Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GOW is so bad ass I can't believe I'm just not playing these games. I had a PS2 and just some how missed the boat.

My biggest surprise was how good the first one looks. I knew it was remastered in HD, but still I wasn't expecting it to look this good.

I mean some of the cut scenes are a little rough, but the gameplay looks really good for the most part.

I have had to slap my hand not to play the 3rd one, I really want to play 1-3 in order.

Last edited by Splat : 09-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
GOW is so bad ass I can't believe I'm just not playing these games. I had a PS2 and just some how missed the boat.

My biggest surprise was how good the first one looks. I knew it was remastered in HD, but still I wasn't expecting it to look this good.

I mean some of the cut scenes are a little rough, but the gameplay looks really good for the most part.

I have had to slap my hand not to play the 3rd one, I really want to play 1-3 in order.
I just wasted the last 2 days finishing #1 because of this post. I hadn't picked it up since April and I was on the spot when you first get through Athens at the very beginning.

Now I'm going to start #2.

And BTW, the final boss battle freaking sucks. Here's a great idea, let's take the entire battle system you are used to using, the combos, the weapons, the range and even the HP system and we are going to throw it in the trash. All for the biggest battle with the most annoying boss you have faced.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On that topic, I absolutely love it when game developers make bosses hard. The worst thing is when you play a game for the first time that you feel you could beat in your sleep.

But don't make it feel like the AI is cheating. That's just ********.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished the first GOW and going to start the second one later on today.

On top of being a great game I love that most of the trophies come from just playing the game, instead of having to grind for them.

I got all but 4 my first play though will out really going out of my way to get them.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I don't like when games make the trophies impossible to get either.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Finished the first GOW and going to start the second one later on today.

On top of being a great game I love that most of the trophies come from just playing the game, instead of having to grind for them.

I got all but 4 my first play though will out really going out of my way to get them.
What did you think of the final battle?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
What did you think of the final battle?
I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.

I mean it looked cool and everything and it fit the story, but I agree that it kinda sucks they strip away everything you worked so hard to upgrade.

I'm playing the second one now and LOVED how it started. I really liked that it picked up pretty much right where you left off in the first one.

I'm not to far along yet, but it really feels like they just took what worked in the first one and improved on it.

Also

Borderlands should be on PS+ sometime today for those interested. I plan on getting it but probably won't play it till I'm done with GOW.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Borderlands and all the DLC for $10...

PS+ is my friend.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.

I mean it looked cool and everything and it fit the story, but I agree that it kinda sucks they strip away everything you worked so hard to upgrade.

I'm playing the second one now and LOVED how it started. I really liked that it picked up pretty much right where you left off in the first one.

I'm not to far along yet, but it really feels like they just took what worked in the first one and improved on it.

Also

Borderlands should be on PS+ sometime today for those interested. I plan on getting it but probably won't play it till I'm done with GOW.
Yeah, GOW2 is pretty awesome so far. I just got past Icarus. I think I want to finish it tonight...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, GOW2 is pretty awesome so far. I just got past Icarus. I think I want to finish it tonight...
I think 2 was probably the best of the whole series.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I think 2 was probably the best of the whole series.
Agreed. 2 was the first I played actually, then went back and bought the 1&2 bundle before 3 came out. While I really enjoyed 3 because it was the first on PS3 and overall it was good, I think the story and game play (changes/addistions from 1) were much better than 3. I might have to play them all over again now with all this talk...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

On the topic of game series that greatly improved with the 2nd installment, I still haven't played anything past Assassin's Creed 2. I need to get Brotherhood and Revelations. I've been craving those games since picking GOW up again.

I'll probably have to get those before I get GOW 3.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I have yet to play any of the AC games. I have heard mixed things about the first one but everyone I have talked to seems to have good things to say about the second.

The 3rd one looks freaking awesome. I think I might just start with that one, I love the time period and setting it's going to be in.

Also on the topic of the second game in a series improving on the first Uncharted 2 and Infamous 2 come to mind.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tied the latest AC game but it just wasn't for me. Ive always hated all the medevil stuff so I think it was just my taste and not the game itself.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I have yet to play any of the AC games. I have heard mixed things about the first one but everyone I have talked to seems to have good things to say about the second.

The 3rd one looks freaking awesome. I think I might just start with that one, I love the time period and setting it's going to be in.

Also on the topic of the second game in a series improving on the first Uncharted 2 and Infamous 2 come to mind.
How much of an improvement was Infamous 2?

Infamous is another game I have yet to finish. I'm pretty close I think. It's just not my #1 gaming priority

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
How much of an improvement was Infamous 2?

Infamous is another game I have yet to finish. I'm pretty close I think. It's just not my #1 gaming priority
I felt it was greatly improved.

I found the combat alot more fun, there is some really cool melee attacks this time around and the graphics are easily better.

The interaction between characters was better and just a more interesting group of people than the first game.

I really don't think I could go back and play the first one after playing the second. It would just feel like a downgrade.

I mean it's not a perfect game, climbing can be a pain at times and there is still a ridiculous amount of enemies but all and all I enjoyed it.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I beat GOW2 and would have to say I liked it more than the first which is really saying alot since the first is great.

That said it did kinda feel like a puzzle fest at times, I'm not sure I could have beat it with out YouTube.

I'm not a fan of puzzles. I'm not smart enough and don't have the patience. I'm like "just let me open the ******* door"! HAHA
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The puzzles at least kind of fit with Greek mythology. At least there were no floating, rotating logs with razors to deal with.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm taking a break from GOW and thought I would check out Borderlands and so far so good.

There doesn't seem to be much of a story but I like the game play. I'm a sucker for games that you can level up and buy and sell guns/equipment.

I hadn't played a FPS in along time so I was pretty rusty at first. I'm more of a 3rd person fan.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'm taking a break from GOW and thought I would check out Borderlands and so far so good.

There doesn't seem to be much of a story but I like the game play. I'm a sucker for games that you can level up and buy and sell guns/equipment.

I hadn't played a FPS in along time so I was pretty rusty at first. I'm more of a 3rd person fan.
I played Borderlands on PC and loved it when I got to play multiplayer. It makes it a MUCH better experience.

Borderlands 2 is supposed to be quite a bit better.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I played Borderlands on PC and loved it when I got to play multiplayer. It makes it a MUCH better experience.

Borderlands 2 is supposed to be quite a bit better.
When you play online does your level and guns and stuff carry over or do you start from scratch?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-radio-access/

Quote:
We’ve got a lot cooking for PlayStation Plus members this week with Double Dragon Neon and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World joining the Instant Game Collection, among other great perks. Read on to learn more!
I all ready posted about DD but getting SP vs the world is sweet. I played and liked the demo but never got around to buying it.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

When does the online storage space go up?

What is Scott vs the world?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
When does the online storage space go up?

What is Scott vs the world?
Not sure about the storage space.

SP vs the World is kinda based on the movie. It's an old school style Beat'em up game like Double Dragon.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Double Dragon Neon is full of cheesy 80's goodness. :)