Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we were down to scrub corners with Tryon seeing serious time, and Coe being the #2 guy, but there's hope that Prince and Hosley will be fully good to go, giving us a decent group with them and webster.

and I wouldn't say our OL is the worst, but it's pretty damn mediocre across the board at this point

edit: especially in the run game. horrid running game we've got
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Are they really? I haven't had any time at all to pay attention to college football this season, but that is pretty cool, especially since they'll be playing in the same stadium Schiano's current team calls home.
Yeah Rutgers-USF Thursday night.

Our OL is definitely bottom 10.

Our CB's aren't healthy so besides Webster we are down to 4th and 5th guys. Prince should be back within the next 2 weeks and Hosley soon as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised Amukamara has been so banged up. He was a guy I really wanted the Bucs to draft last year. I was so angry when the Giants nabbed him with the selection directly before the Bucs, but Tampa has made out pretty well with Adrian Clayborn performing well above my expectations.

Hopefully your running game and o-line means another week of being the #1 rushing defense in the league for the Bucs. I have to admit that I've really missed my team being able to claim that distinction. It's been far too long since the Bucs have had a defensive unit we can be proud of. I'm sure you guys will understand, being that the Giants have been a team known for strong defensive play (especially in the postseason) in recent years.

If your secondary is as banged up as you guys think, I think Sullivan and Schiano will probably use this game to turn the passing attack loose a little bit. At the very least, we should see more downfield looks than we did against Carolina where we only had two passes that went for more than 20 yards (that I can recall), one of which was called back for holding.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys we gon win and you lose cos bucs rule.

I'm really pumped for this game to be honest. This might be the only time this season where we actually have a chance at beating a team the calibre of the Giants. You guys are clearly hurt so maybe we can take advantage of that..

Either way I'm just looking forward to a really fun game, full of action and awesome plays and no injuries. I like playing the Giants because on these boards I feel the Giants fan base is one of the easiest/pleasant to have a legit discussion with - except for Fagenci.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said yesterday I think it's going to be a close game. If Prince and Austin come back for this weekend's game then actually we're relatively healthy all of a sudden.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm with you 100% on that one. Our line sucks so let's run the ball! I'd have given our best player 3 chances to find something he likes.
It's the same garbage year after year. Elite or franchise qbs are the best players on their respective teams. So why do we treat Eli like he is not the best player? As someone who coached I want the ball in my best players hand. So let Eli throw and score. We treat him like he is the a franchise qb. Take the ball out of his hand when we don't need him and hand it off when we clearly stunk all game running it. Do we respect Eli that little?

Sorry Eli. You are elite but here's the thing we don't want the ball in your hands when we don't need it. And that stupid dogma of trying to stay balanced. Last team I asked someone during the game they said 13 passes to 11 running plays.

I am sick and tired of watching situational play calling like this. It's so bush league.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post

I'm really pumped for this game to be honest. This might be the only time this season where we actually have a chance at beating a team the calibre of the Giants. You guys are clearly hurt so maybe we can take advantage of that..

Either way I'm just looking forward to a really fun game, full of action and awesome plays and no injuries. I like playing the Giants because on these boards I feel the Giants fan base is one of the easiest/pleasant to have a legit discussion with - except for Fagenci.

Thank you for your compliments to our fan base! You bucs guys seem like a good group as well! It's going to be a close game for sure. I'm not looking forward to our O-line going against your defense, you seem much improved, particularly in the front seven this year! And it will be interesting for me to get an up close look at Doug Martin, after all the talk about Wilson vs Martin this past draft.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
I'm not looking forward to our O-line going against your defense, you seem much improved, particularly in the front seven this year!
I think the other Bucs fans will agree with me when I echo that concern in regards to how our offensive line matches up against your defensive line. The right side of our line (Trueblood and Larsen) got schooled repeatedly against a mediocre Carolina line, so I fully expect to see the two of them get destroyed play after play on Sunday.

And, yes, the Bucs do look like they're much improved. Amazing what a bit of solid coaching can do, huh? Hopefully they continue on that path against the Giants, though I still don't think they'll win.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Go to hell Caddy. You are worse than Chucky. Yes I went there.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am interested in seeing the Bucs play. I don't really don't think too much of him, good or bad. I know they will have a NYG type feel to them because of their coaching staff.

Hopefully our DL can go after Freeman and make his day miserable.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Go to hell Caddy. You are worse than Chucky. Yes I went there.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Schianno

Hope you Bucs fans love 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Bc thats the schianno offense. Every week. Not just last week. Every week.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I love his defenses. It's still to be seen how he does as HC. I'll always root for him even though I was pissed/upset when he left.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love his defense too. His alignment is odd to me though. How he lines up his dts.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love his defense too. His alignment is odd to me though. How he lines up his dts.
He liked them small and speedy in college which hurt us a bit at times. He lines them so they can get right through the gap instead of taking on the OL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He liked them small and speedy in college which hurt us a bit at times. He lines them so they can get right through the gap instead of taking on the OL.
Yeah thats my problem with it. Its feast or famine. It can work, I just like a little more meat in the middle.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah thats my problem with it. Its feast or famine. It can work, I just like a little more meat in the middle.
I do as well. The weird thing is that you'd think the smaller/speedy D's would help against a spread offense but that was always the bane of his existence. He couldn't stop a spread to save his life which KILLED US.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I love Schianno

Hope you Bucs fans love 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Bc thats the schianno offense. Every week. Not just last week. Every week.
There is a reason they made Carl Nicks a huge offseason priority! Once Davin Joseph gets back from injury (next season) I expect the run game to be brutal.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I do as well. The weird thing is that you'd think the smaller/speedy D's would help against a spread offense but that was always the bane of his existence. He couldn't stop a spread to save his life which KILLED US.
It's alot harder creating confusion and blitzes when your defense is spread out. Harder disgusing coverages too. His problem with the spread was he never had any real DEs worth a damn. You can't beat the spread without edge pressure.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
There is a reason they made Carl Nicks a huge offseason priority! Once Davin Joseph gets back from injury (next season) I expect the run game to be brutal.
It will be. Don't be shocked if you draft another rb in the first 3 rounds. Schianno is gonna run, run, and run some more.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well he never had any real DE's because that's how he liked his D-Line. He always placed smaller guys on the line. He never even recruited the position that well until his last year or 2 but it was almost on purpose.

Anyway I'm not bashing him. I could probably write a 15-20 page paper on Schiano and the "ressurection" of Rutgers football. Besides when he plays us I'll really be rooting for Tampa.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
It will be. Don't be shocked if you draft another rb in the first 3 rounds. Schianno is gonna run, run, and run some more.
If Dougie churns out performances like he did against Carolina I wouldn't be upset with that at all. It's such a shame Davin injured his knee because an interior of him and Nicks excites me. Not to mention he makes the players around him (IE Jeremy Trueblood) appear better. Ted Larsen is a solid player, but he is much better as a swing g/c back-up.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If Dougie churns out performances like he did against Carolina I wouldn't be upset with that at all. It's such a shame Davin injured his knee because an interior of him and Nicks excites me. Not to mention he makes the players around him (IE Jeremy Trueblood) appear better. Ted Larsen is a solid player, but he is much better as a swing g/c back-up.
Just say interior OL Caddy! Nicks/Zuttah/Joseph is beastly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-12-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Just say interior OL Caddy! Nicks/Zuttah/Joseph is beastly.
:)

Zuttah doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Davin and Carl! Yet...

Also JPP will have 5 sacks against Trueblood this week. Book it.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

zuttah's way better than those scrubs on your interior OL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote