Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually thought Nate Solder played pretty well aside from the one sack. He looked much better than I had anticipated.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone should photo shop a picture of Brady with that nose bandage to look like Walter White from breaking bad. Be so hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Solder played much better than in the preseason. He was much, much more consistent today. Yes, he did allow that one sack to brady, but that was the only really noticable gaff he had

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All 3 tackles played badly and Vollmer was hurt some. I'd say they played better, but not quite where they want to play yet.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way did Solder play consistently better. Almost every single play he was getting beat at the line of scrimmage. Have to disagree with that one.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me ask you guys this:

Is this a defense that we feel confident about getting a three and out when we really need it? I want to say yes, but my head wants to see them repeat this performance before jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Is this a defense that we feel confident about getting a three and out when we really need it? I want to say yes, but my head wants to see them repeat this performance before jumping to conclusions.
I really think it could be. 3rd down is the money down, however this defense will do most of it's hard work on first and second down. I don't think any team will have major success running the ball against us. The Titans running style in theory is the type that could give us problems. Quick RB who can break it outside and a mobile QB who can get out of the pocket and they were limited to 20 yards. Anything 3&7+ should be more than manageable to stop. The playbook is wide open here.

I also love the depth in the secondary compared to last year.

I don't ever think we will be league leading in terms of yards (as a by product of a). generally being ahead more than we are behind, and b). playing more of a take 8 yards when you need 9 style of defense) however I really think they could be top ten in points and turnovers

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was refreshing watching the Pats play well overall on defense.
C. Jones is a man child and Hightower played well also.
Even Ebner stood out on STs.

Our OLine hopefully plays better better as the season progresses
If Ridley keeps playing this way, our offense will be better than already expected.
Lloyd, minus his first drop looked well as well.

Again, I'm pretty excited about this defense.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
It was refreshing watching the Pats play well overall on defense.
C. Jones is a man child and Hightower played well also.
Even Ebner stood out on STs.

Our OLine hopefully plays better better as the season progresses
If Ridley keeps playing this way, our offense will be better than already expected.
Lloyd, minus his first drop looked well as well.

Again, I'm pretty excited about this defense.
I really enjoyed that win, besides for a few lapses it seemed like the Patriots succeeded in every aspect the coaching staff wanted them to. The running game and the run defense was sensational. Love, Wilfork, and Jones's play kept me very aroused all game long. Those 3 have incredible run game awareness, and simply do not give an inch to anybody. If Spikes and Chung can stay on the field I think we can be right there with the Baltimores and 49ers of the world in run defense.

Also, with a few more performances like that I might be ready to happily eat major crow on Hightower. He moved better than I ever have seen him play, and the power he delivers when blitzing is amazing to watch. There were 2-3 times in the game where they sent him up the middle, and when he initiated contact the offensive lineman trying to block him got pushed back 2 yards. Those are impact plays that don't appear on the stat sheet. I thought Spikes was powerful, but I've never seen him do anything like that. Now he didn't get tested much in pass coverage, but so far the signs have been very positive. Mayo also looks the rangiest I have ever seen him, it looks like he has less responsibility and is free to take deeper drops in pass coverage. He looked very good as well.

The secondary played pretty mediocre which is an improvement. McCourty and Arrington played hot and cold, but there were a few moments where Dowling and Arrington flashed very good coverage skills. The safeties were very quiet for most of the game though, which is a good and a bad thing. We'll get a better sense of where they are next week when they're trying to cover Fitzgerald, and an even better test when they play Baltimore. Overall a good game for them, but I'm waiting to pass judgement until they face a real passing offense.

Solder needs a bit of work. I thought Wimbley would be a good matchup for him in terms of who he usually plays well against, but he got beat cleanly twice. His problem is more inconsistency than ability so hopefully he straightens himself out.

*Edit* Also loved the look on 3rd and long with Cunningham inside. With his burst he's hard to handle inside if Jones goes outside and leaves him a lot of space. I hope that Cunningham can take over for Ninkovich soon on the outside on early and then kick inside on passing downs. Right now he's clearly our 2nd best guy in terms of getting to the QB.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 09-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Well, I think they can, because they will be able to guess it'll be a pass every play...

Because you aren't going to run on NE. That was perfectly evident after that game.

Quote:
*Edit* Also loved the look on 3rd and long with Cunningham inside. With his burst he's hard to handle inside if Jones goes outside and leaves him a lot of space. I hope that Cunningham can take over for Ninkovich soon on the outside on early and then kick inside on passing downs. Right now he's clearly our 2nd best guy in terms of getting to the QB.
Ninkovich is way better at setting the edge.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore looked good last night. A lot of media types have been saying NE's strength of schedule may actually be a bad thing for the postseason, however I really like this week 3 game as a real test. The Ravens also showed last night that it's not all about Ray Rice. Very interested to see how they play this one

Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Well, I think they can, because they will be able to guess it'll be a pass every play...

Because you aren't going to run on NE. That was perfectly evident after that game.

Ninkovich is way better at setting the edge.
Ninko was a complete non factor in this game (Was he even activated?). cunningham did somethings weve never really seen out of Ninko, moving forward if cunningham continues to play with that type of energy I will gladly take him over ninko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Baltimore looked good last night. A lot of media types have been saying NE's strength of schedule may actually be a bad thing for the postseason, however I really like this week 3 game as a real test. The Ravens also showed last night that it's not all about Ray Rice. Very interested to see how they play this one
I am along the same type of thinking right now. The Ravens looked good last night, looked like a very complete team. Granted Flacco made some terrible decisions that the bengals failed to capitalize on but overall this will certainly be a great test for us. So will the 9ers and Broncos. We have some challenges depite having a rather weak schedule, especially if the Jets are as good as they were on Sunday.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice to see our rookies making a big impact. The current roster really looks like it will allow for a very aggressive D that can disguise plays well, which is really the biggest thing we've been missing since the early decade championship teams.

Solder was raw coming out. It will take time . . . hopefully without costing us Brady.

The Titans are not a good measuring stick, that's obvious. I agree we will see some nice statement games soon, but tuning things up on weak offensive teams for another week is nice, too.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I want to agree with you, but I can't call a week 3 matchup "playoff preparation".

We do however get the Texans and 49ers back to back (both in Foxborough) in weeks 14 and 15.

That should be a playoff type atmosphere.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I want to agree with you, but I can't call a week 3 matchup "playoff preparation".

We do however get the Texans and 49ers back to back (both in Foxborough) in weeks 14 and 15.

That should be a playoff type atmosphere.
No, but what it does is gives them a real test at the start of the year. If they beat Baltimore then we know where they stand as a team early on whereas if we lose then it gives added motivation to improve.

Beating cupcakes, all due respect to Tennessee and Arizona, doesn't do much for anyone.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Good to see Vereen back at practice today. I don't think he will be needed against Arizona (realistically we should have too much for them as long as we play well) however he could be very important against Baltimore.

He is one player who can really test the range of Ray Lewis. The interior of Baltimore's defense isn't overly fast and that could be where that game is won. Lewis and Ed Reed still make plays based on superior instincts but neither is as fast as they once were and Bernard Pollard isn't the best athlete at the safety position either. I think a lot of no huddle in 21 personnel with Vereen playing a big role in the underneath passing game could be a way to go.

The Ravens also didn't look too good against Benny the other day so Ridley could have some success running the ball too.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So not to feed into the media hype about Welker not getting as many snaps and pretty much not being used at all, do we think this is sort of a Randy Moss situation where we saw a few games where he was completely removed from the game plan before trading him? I really wouldn't mind trading him somewhere for pretty much anything at this point, especially after dropping another very catchable pass from Brady to kill a drive.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
So not to feed into the media hype about Welker not getting as many snaps and pretty much not being used at all, do we think this is sort of a Randy Moss situation where we saw a few games where he was completely removed from the game plan before trading him? I really wouldn't mind trading him somewhere for pretty much anything at this point, especially after dropping another very catchable pass from Brady to kill a drive.
You never know what Belichick is thinking so it certainly is possible. In all reality, and not to detract from what has been a stellar Patriots career, Welker is not really needed for this offense to tick anymore. I thought going in to the season he would still be a big threat, but with the base offensive personnel being 2TEs and 2WRs I think a guy who can operate on the sideline may be more suited.

The problem there is I don't think there is another guy on the roster who can do it. Maybe Salas can provide something in a few weeks, but that is a big unknown at this point

Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It could be, sure. I'd be ok with it, but really don't want to see that happen. Hernandez is too fragile to be the main underneath threat. If Hernandez goes down I would be far more confident knowing those targets revert back to Welker.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

If there is anyone I don't want to see, it's Bernard Pollard. :/
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
If there is anyone I don't want to see, it's Bernard Pollard. :/
Same here. Every ******* time we play that scumb bag one of our key players gets injured. If there was anyone player in this league I would condone someone taking out it would be Pollard. Gronk should just steam roll his ass.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Eagles signed Ebert to the PS.

His cut still seems like an odd move considering the impending end of the Wes Welker era.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Troy Brown being inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame this year it's going to bring us to an interesting situation with Bruschi, Harrison, and McGinest all eligible next season. I think Bruschi is the most likely choice, and all will eventually get in, but the next 6 or so years it's going to be incredibly competitive with all the dynasty era Patriots becoming eligible. Something to watch for.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well that took a whopping 1 week to not come true. Good prediction
Jvig how could you be so foolish? Don't you know that the Packers don't lose, they just beat themselves, thus still undefeated.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Eagles signed Ebert to the PS.

His cut still seems like an odd move considering the impending end of the Wes Welker era.
Doug Kyed (NESN Assistant Editor, previously NEPatriotsDraft Editor) "was never impressed with Jeremy Ebert. Thought he lacked wiggle needed for slot. Too many drops."