Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yeah he's no dummy. It's a 1,000$ league. not gonna get many of those. Think I can fool him into taking CJ?
If you can do CJ and DHB for Martin and Lloyd I would consider that a pretty big win.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys hate the thought of CJ as a #1 but are ok with a rookie as a #1? Geez I came away from the draft thinking I had a strong team.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Opinions of Jon Dwyer this week?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's some evidence of how ******* bad CBS is with it's player info/content/notes.

Notes for Isaac Redman:
"Dwyer clearly outperformed Redman in the preseason, and that has carried into the regular season, though that may not end up mattering soon, as Rashard Mendenhall is on the verge of returning from a knee injury. For now, it looks like Redman is anything but a clear-cut No. 1 running back for the Steelers, which obviously limits his value. In Week 2 the Steelers face a stout Jets defense, so donít plan on using Redman in most Fantasy formats, given his role."

Notes for Jon Dwyer:
"Since the beginning of the 2011 season, the Jets have allowed five different running backs to top 100 rushing yards, including Buffalo's C.J. Spiller (169) last Sunday. All of them have also reached the end zone."
and
"If active Sunday, Dwyer could end up as a nice Fantasy sleeper in deeper formats for Week 2."

So one guys is a bad start b/c the Jets rush D is so stout and the other guy is a nice sleeper b/c the Jets have allowed some 100 yard rushers and rushing TDs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Opinions of Jon Dwyer this week?
I've been high on him for a while but the damn Steelers don't want to listen. He's a nice start this week. When Mendenhall returns all bets are off but I've got him in my lineup again this week. Though, to be fair, my RBs are so thin I have no other choice. (AP / LeShoure / Dwyer / Hunter / Blount)

Quote:
Fred Jackson owner...

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: jAMAAL Charles, Fred Jackson, Doug Martin, Blount, Deanegelo Williams
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Miles Austin, Brandon Loyd, Randall Cobb
TE: Jacob Tamme, Jared Cook
Sheesh . . . not much reason for him to panic about Fred. Still, it's worth talking if you actually acquire Spiller. Whether it's buying Fred or selling Spiller depends on how the talks go. Not really a great position for you to deal CJ to him for Fred + something, and that's really the only thing that makes sense.

Quote:
You guys hate the thought of CJ as a #1 but are ok with a rookie as a #1? Geez I came away from the draft thinking I had a strong team.
CJ and Trent were the two guys I was really down on as round 1/2 picks. CJ had an awesome Oline in his huge years and that's been picked apart +/- aging. Trent is a rookie on a team that will always face 8 in the box AND had knee issues. Martin, on the other hand, is healthy, has a stout line and a good QB + WR core that can take advantage of a cheating defense. I certainly could be wrong on CJ. I just did not see any reason for his triumphant return to glory besides the noise about "Hey he was great for a few years so he'll bounce back" and that's crap.

I still say you're best bet is to hold for a bit on both. Right now you're selling low and that's only going to hurt you. I do beleive in Trent's ability, fwiw, but his situation sucks.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 09-12-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
If you can do CJ and DHB for Martin and Lloyd I would consider that a pretty big win.
Do we all think this?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Do we all think this?
I'd be happy with that deal. Lloyd is a big upgrade at WR and I think CJ is done.

11 carries for 4 yards and 6 catches for 47 yards is atrocious. He is wildly inconsistent at this point and people are too quick to blame it all on a holdout. He looks slower, indecisive and timid. His Oline sucks.

Lloyd had a deep ball that was a catchable but poorly positioned. He'll have bigger weeks ahead.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'd be happy with that deal. Lloyd is a big upgrade at WR and I think CJ is done.

11 carries for 4 yards and 6 catches for 47 yards is atrocious. He is wildly inconsistent at this point and people are too quick to blame it all on a holdout. He looks slower, indecisive and timid. His Oline sucks.

Lloyd had a deep ball that was a catchable but poorly positioned. He'll have bigger weeks ahead.
Just offered. We will see!

Who would of thought I'd be trading Trent and CJ for Doug Martin and Spiller after one week lol but I dont have time to sit around and wait!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

CJ also faces the Chargers, Texans and Lions over the next 3 games. Ouch. He may be a 'sell lower' by the end of that stretch. lol

Old 09-12-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Is that $1k per team or total?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Is that $1k per team or total?
Total. We are talking about upping it to 2k next season. Now that everyone in the league makes decent enough money.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Total. We are talking about upping it to 2k next season. Now that everyone in the league makes decent enough money.
Gotcha. $1k per would be some balla ****, right thur.

That's about the same as my higher dollar league. $165 per plus $5 add/drop (10 team) puts it at ~$1200 for first, $350 for second and $150 for third.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Gotcha. $1k per would be some balla ****, right thur.

That's about the same as my higher dollar league. $165 per plus $5 add/drop (10 team) puts it at ~$1200 for first, $350 for second and $150 for third.
It's pretty frustrating when you go 7-7 back to back years and the guy who won it last year is your best friend since 6th grade and you're pretty sure you know way more about football than him. Like I've said before, had I not talkied about AJ Green and Julio Jones like everyday for 2 months before the nfl draft, he'd have no idea who those guys were until the season started.....Guess who took them both on draft day! yay.

And it seems like he always hits on every player, while all my players bust big time.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's pretty frustrating when you go 7-7 back to back years and the guy who won it last year is your best friend since 6th grade and you're pretty sure you know way more about football than him. Like I've said before, had I not talkied about AJ Green and Julio Jones like everyday for 2 months before the nfl draft, he'd have no idea who those guys were until the season started.....Guess who took them both on draft day! yay.

And it seems like he always hits on every player, while all my players bust big time.
I know that feeling. I mentioned Julio Jones a few times too many and my brother ends up taking him just before me in round 2. I don't think he has ever pronounced his name correctly. Agh.

But he never wins, so it's manageable.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I know that feeling. I mentioned Julio Jones a few times too many and my brother ends up taking him just before me in round 2. I don't think he has ever pronounced his name correctly. Agh.

But he never wins, so it's manageable.
This year, I talked about Alshon Jeffery all the time.

My friend selects him in the 15th round. (I was gonna take him with my pick)

It was awesome. I selected Titus Young because I heard from everyone that he could breakout and I loved him coming out. Alshon week 1 = 14 points. Titus week 1 = 1 ******* point.

Me and this dude are roommates so You can guess what all I heard while the games were being played. He deffinetly lets you know he has some good players.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mendenhall fully practiced today apparently. let's see how he looks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, got offered DHB and Martin for Wayne.

If I can't steal Julio from this one guy, I might do it. Or try and get it to DHB and D. Brown

it's turned straight doug martin for wayne. hmm
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 09-12-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
also, got offered DHB and Martin for Wayne.

If I can't steal Julio from this one guy, I might do it. Or try and get it to DHB and D. Brown

it's turned straight doug martin for wayne. hmm
Who are your other RBs?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Who are your other RBs?
Ray Rice, Sproles and Donald Brown. start 2.

my flex is gronk and te graham so i can have only 3 RBs
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Ok the guy rejected the trade.

Would you guys do...

Chris Johnson and Torrey Smith for Steven Jackson and Wes Welker?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might buy low on Chris Johnson.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Ray Rice, Sproles and Donald Brown. start 2.

my flex is gronk and te graham so i can have only 3 RBs
Ah, Those are sexy flex options. I go for the strategy to do whatever to improve the starting lineup and **** depth so Martin may be expendable in that situation. I do think DHB will pick it up a bit though.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I might buy low on Chris Johnson.
Humor me. Why?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Ah, Those are sexy flex options. I go for the strategy to do whatever to improve the starting lineup and **** depth so Martin may be expendable in that situation. I do think DHB will pick it up a bit though.
he wouldnt do martin for wayne. no one in my league likes Martin. Might try and deal sproles for a top WR like julio. thoughts?
Quote:
Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok the guy rejected the trade.

Would you guys do...

Chris Johnson and Torrey Smith for Steven Jackson and Wes Welker?
No no no no no no no... I am really low on Welker this season.

High on SJax though.