Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really really hope Greg Jennings doesn't play.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me too. I have Jordyzzzz.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I really really really hope Greg Jennings doesn't play.
I really really really really hope Tillman does play. They've got depth enough at WR that they won't miss Jennings. The thought of our top two corners being Tim Jennings and Kelvin Hayden makes me want to cry.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Loved this play from the Packers/49ers game.

Pssssh, James Laurinitis would have taken it to the house. And then kicked the extra point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super LB bull shiit, this is why madden and NCAA put it in the game.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins and Rams always play good close games. Should be a defensive battle. 20-17 either way.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
come on. qb's have to be smarter than to give a **** about a wr waving his hand. otherwise chad johnson would've been targeted 100% of the time.
Rodgers admitted as much. Says he made a snap decision when he saw Jennings throw his hand up. I'm sure it goes back to his trust in Jennings not to do that if he isn't open, but Rodgers took full blame.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs giants features the matchup of martellous and Michael Bennett
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super nervous for tonight. I overheard my Packers fan coworker talking about how nervous he was...

Somehow, I feel out of each team's performance last week, the most likely one to not be repeated is the Bears. The Packers are probably going to buckle down on defense and will probably try to get after Cutler.

Blegh. Starting out 2-0 would be fantastic though, especially taking a Thursday night game in Lambeau. But if we do lose, I won't feel too terrible as long as it's not a blowout. A road game on a short week vs. a tough opponent isn't the worst loss in the world.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Bears match up pretty well against the Pack at the minute. GB won't be able to run it and I think the Bears will play a lot of cover 2 and cover 3 and try to take away the deep ball. They will give up some underneath stuff but I don't think this a game where GB will score 30+

Defensively for GB they are going to have problems. I don't think they have the corners to stop Marshall and Jeffrey and Forte should get nice yards too.

I think GB wins it but by no more than one score

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Super nervous for tonight. I overheard my Packers fan coworker talking about how nervous he was...

Somehow, I feel out of each team's performance last week, the most likely one to not be repeated is the Bears. The Packers are probably going to buckle down on defense and will probably try to get after Cutler.

Blegh. Starting out 2-0 would be fantastic though, especially taking a Thursday night game in Lambeau. But if we do lose, I won't feel too terrible as long as it's not a blowout. A road game on a short week vs. a tough opponent isn't the worst loss in the world.
Nervous for a Week 2 game? Come on man

Though the Pack need to take care of business on their HOME FIELD. I think the Pack split with Chicago this year, so it would be wise for them to get the job done tonight so they don't need to rely on having to beat them at Soldier Field

god I hate Thursday games
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think GB starts out 0-2. Jennings is out, they still can't stop anyone on defense, and Cutler to Marshall has always been a deadly combo tough for any defense to stop. I like the picks GB made in the draft for the D longterm but not seeing any effects of it this year. Chicago seems like they are more well balanced all around, and Cutler looks like a completely different QB when he has an elite talent at WR like Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

You get nervous for every game when you're a Bears fan.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
completely agree. moreso because they're on worthless nfln. but it's just annoying in general.
That, and I prefer it when it's not my team. I can't imagine that road teams on a short week fair particularly well all time.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't we also see more injuries on average in these short week games?

As far as the game, I hope the Packers incorporate D.J. Williams a bit for once, especially if that asshat Finley is going to be dropping passes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
That, and I prefer it when it's not my team. I can't imagine that road teams on a short week fair particularly well all time.
Home teams are 16-10 over the last three years on Thursday games (including Thanksgiving Games).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Home teams are 16-10 over the last three years on Thursday games (including Thanksgiving Games).
So 62%...not as bad as I thought it might be. Typical home team advantage is like 55-60% I think.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll chime in and say I hate Thursday night NFL games also. I won't even be able to watch the game tonight that thoroughly because Rutgers is on as well tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won't be able to watch the whole game. I got class at 8...stupid TNF

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt touch tonights game outcome with packers -6, i put some money on props though. Over 4.5 sacks lol
Old 09-13-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Regardless, you could have had good players. Instead you got 5 mediocre players, 1 of whom will probably survive beyond their rookie deal.
Believe it or not, you don't know what any of these guys will turn into, bbd. Just because you pass it off as fact doesn't make it so. Yes, we could have had one good player (not plural), but instead we have 5 other guys that could be great (Phil Taylor is on the right track) and could bust. Let's wait and see more than 1 game.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized a pretty fun stat.

Both Virginia Tech runners fumbled and lost the ball on their first carries as professionals last week.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Believe it or not, you don't know what any of these guys will turn into, bbd. Just because you pass it off as fact doesn't make it so. Yes, we could have had one good player (not plural), but instead we have 5 other guys that could be great (Phil Taylor is on the right track) and could bust. Let's wait and see more than 1 game.
Do you truly feel that the Browns got the most out of those picks? Sure, it's early, but you're looking at yet another awful season where you'll be lucky to have an offense not rated in the bottom 5 of the league.

A lousy year, with a new owner, likely means that Holmgren will be out, likely followed by the GM and coach, and then the new decision makers won't be tied in any way to a 29 year old 2nd year QB...ugh.

The Browns are in a godawful mess of a situation.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not a fan of weeden at all, and i thought he was a 3rd rounder at best...but im not sure going off his first game against the eagles should condemn him either. WOuld have loved to see them pull that game out in the end. Weeden has to get better right? lol
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing how much Blaine Gabbert has improved from last year to this year, I won't write any rookie qb off ever again. So yes, there is a chance he'll get better.

How much better remains to be seen. He doesn't have time though, he's already 30. He was supposed to come and and produce right away. He's clearly not going to be that guy.