Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What would you trade for Greg Jennings?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...169565026.html

Apparently, a lot of people think this might be Jennings final season with the Packers. Assuming they are open to trade him what would you give up for Jennings? He's 29 and looking for a new deal mind you.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At his age, and the contract he will demand...nothing. I wouldn't touch him, bc I would have to pay him. Rather just draft a guy. It's getting easier and easier to draft wrs these days.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd or so, maybe something like the Cardinals got for Boldin(3/4 for Boldin/5)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were a legitimate SB contending team that needed a WR I'd consider giving up a late 2. He's not ancient, he's actually younger than Vincent Jackson and won't get that big of a deal. But I wouldn't do it for much more than a 4th if I were the Dolphins as that article suggests. Jennings doesn't have as much value to teams like Miami, Cleveland, St. Louis... no matter how well he fits in an offense. He's not making them a contender bc he's just not that good. And I can't really think of a legitimate contender that needs him that badly so I doubt he moves.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if a contender loses a starter. But other than that I don't see him being moved. Then again, just because you're and NFL HC or GM doesn't mean you aren't a total moron.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams like Miami, Carolina, Cleveland, St. Louis and Jacksonville need Greg Jennings. He should still be productive until age 34-35.

If they try I bet GB could get a 3rd for him.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rent him for the year in exchange for a 5th-7th

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Teams like Miami, Carolina, Cleveland, St. Louis and Jacksonville need Greg Jennings. He should still be productive until age 34-35.

If they try I bet GB could get a 3rd for him.
I dont see any of those teams you listed outside of maybe St. Louis and Miami. Carolina already has found their set group I feel, Cleveland has some good young guys, and Jacksonville has invested a lot in the WR position this offseason.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt the Packers trade him, they are looking to win a championship and while they are deep at receiver, he is their best receiver. Hes a SB hero and Rodgers go-to guy. Theyd be OK without him, and good chance he'll leave in the offseason, but trading him midseason while their in championship contention would infuriate fans and rightfully so. The only way Id see him moving is if the packers somehow suck this year and decide they need to reload, and i cant see that happenning unless rodgers gets hurt.

And I think Jennings should have a lot more value than you guys are saying. Hes a top of the line receiver, hes been great since he came into the league, hes still in his prime. OK, he had some injuries lately but nothing that serious and hes a key part of one of the best offenses the NFL has ever seen. Hes a great route runner, great hands, smart receiver, good speed and athleticism, great character, makes plays in big moments, what more do you want. Sometimes teams have to make tough decisions in regards to extensions because of their own cap issues, but if Jennings was on the open market hed get a big deal and rightfully so.

You think the Ravens regret trading a 3rd rounder for Anquan Boldin? I think in hindsight they woulda gave up a first, he has been so key for them in the passing game. Anyone who gets Jennings for a third rounder is getting a bargain.

Who would be interested though?
The Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs, Redskins, Rams, Dolphins and Panthers come to mind as teams that could be good in the next couple years and a veteran WR could really help them turn the corner.

or it could just be a contender that is already strong at receiver but decides to just go for it. this blows up in teams faces sometimes, but teams are also always looking for an edge...Chicago or Detroit, though I dont imagine theyd trade him within the division. Baltimore or Houston would just be nasty. Giants are thin at receiver.

or just whatever team gets a big injury at WR and needs to make a move.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
At his age, and the contract he will demand...nothing. I wouldn't touch him, bc I would have to pay him. Rather just draft a guy. It's getting easier and easier to draft wrs these days.
I'm with this. (even if he would be a spring chicken WR in NE...)

edit: I might trade a player for him, but I can't see GB just giving him up for a guy like Ron Brace or even Wes Welker (who also needs a contract).
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is 29, needs a big new contract, and has the benefit of the top QB in a passing friendly system. I wouldn't feel bad at all trading away a late 1st/2nd rounder for him purely as a player, but the contract is the sticking point. I'd still give up a later 2nd rounder if my team had the cap space and I had a QB who could take advantage of his abilities now. Not some developing QB who might be good in 3 years.

No way he gets moved this year though. He is just too valuable to Green Bay this year. He is their best WR and is a key cog in the system. They won't get offered above a 4th maybe and that's not worth noticeably hurting their SB chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He is 29, needs a big new contract, and has the benefit of the top QB in a passing friendly system. I wouldn't feel bad at all trading away a late 1st/2nd rounder for him purely as a player, but the contract is the sticking point. I'd still give up a later 2nd rounder if my team had the cap space and I had a QB who could take advantage of his abilities now. Not some developing QB who might be good in 3 years.

No way he gets moved this year though. He is just too valuable to Green Bay this year. He is their best WR and is a key cog in the system. They won't get offered above a 4th maybe and that's not worth noticeably hurting their SB chances.
i think you may have said it better than i did. i think this is pretty much what it boils down to.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was the Texans I would dangle a 2nd rounder in front of the pack ... That WR combo with Arian in the backfield and a talented defense could = a super bowl birth.

Or maybe San Diego ... neither Meachem nor Floyd are #1 WR's
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, no way should they trade him before the deadline. With Cedric Benson running the ball they need to keep that WR core loaded. You trade him, one guy goes down, and then you are in trouble. Only chance is if they franchise him after the season and then deal him. Can you even still do that in the new CBA? I have no doubt he'll get a huge payday in free agency.

I think there is some overreaction going on around Jennings because he didn't have a huge game on Sunday and now he's injured.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
I doubt the Packers trade him, they are looking to win a championship and while they are deep at receiver, he is their best receiver. Hes a SB hero and Rodgers go-to guy. Theyd be OK without him, and good chance he'll leave in the offseason, but trading him midseason while their in championship contention would infuriate fans and rightfully so. The only way Id see him moving is if the packers somehow suck this year and decide they need to reload, and i cant see that happenning unless rodgers gets hurt.

And I think Jennings should have a lot more value than you guys are saying. Hes a top of the line receiver, hes been great since he came into the league, hes still in his prime. OK, he had some injuries lately but nothing that serious and hes a key part of one of the best offenses the NFL has ever seen. Hes a great route runner, great hands, smart receiver, good speed and athleticism, great character, makes plays in big moments, what more do you want. Sometimes teams have to make tough decisions in regards to extensions because of their own cap issues, but if Jennings was on the open market hed get a big deal and rightfully so.

You think the Ravens regret trading a 3rd rounder for Anquan Boldin? I think in hindsight they woulda gave up a first, he has been so key for them in the passing game. Anyone who gets Jennings for a third rounder is getting a bargain.

Who would be interested though?
The Jets, Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs, Redskins, Rams, Dolphins and Panthers come to mind as teams that could be good in the next couple years and a veteran WR could really help them turn the corner.

or it could just be a contender that is already strong at receiver but decides to just go for it. this blows up in teams faces sometimes, but teams are also always looking for an edge...Chicago or Detroit, though I dont imagine theyd trade him within the division. Baltimore or Houston would just be nasty. Giants are thin at receiver.

or just whatever team gets a big injury at WR and needs to make a move.
I don't think the Packers trade him, but they probably won't resign him. According to that article the contract talks with his agent have gone nowhere. It's not that he isn't a good receiver, it's that his injuries are catching up to him. He hasn't been able to finish the last three games he's played in and he is doubtful for tonight's game against Chicago. The future looks like it belongs to Nelson, Jones, and Cobb. This is probably the last season for both Driver and Jennings.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas doesn't need him. We got Kevin Ogletree.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably worth more to the Packers than he would be to anybody else this season.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be 50/50 taking him as a FA with having to give him a new contract but I wouldn't give up anything to trade for him. The guy is a very good WR who has great chemistry with Rodgers and that offense. But is he a difference maker at the position??? I don't think so.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a 29 year old written. So hypothetically if I wanted him on my team. Maybe 3rd perhaps a second. But other than that no thanks on him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they'd trade him this season. I also don't see them franchising him or anything like that so they could trade him in the offseason.

I do, however, hope he takes the money and takes his talents to South Beach this offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I've seen the Panthers mentioned here as a possible suitor, I'll give my take as a Panthers fan...

I'm all for the Panthers adding a legit receiver opposite Steve Smith but I can't see trading for him and then handing him a big contract. The team is already down to 5 draft picks next year, so it's hard to see the GM (Marty Hurney- who keeps talking about building through the draft) trading away more picks.

I could see them paying him as a free agent...and would almost prefer them to do this since the franchises history of drafting receivers is questionable at best...though I'm not totally sure of the cap situation the team faces next year.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't the Rams offer up a 3rd just to see? Sure they aren't making the playoffs, but they have been trying to give Bradford weapons forever now, with all the picks they picked up from Washington a 3rd isn't that much for a legit weapon if they care about his development. Not to say GB takes it but it made some sense for me.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont see the Packers trading Jennings unless their record is bad before the trade deadline. Then, I can see them unloading him for a mid-round pick. As for teams who could trade for him, I honestly have no idea but I do know one team who should trade for him. Houston Texans. Add Jennings to that offense which would have Johnson and/or Jennings on the field for every offensive play and they become the favorites in the AFC especially if they can clinch home field advantage.

Johnson cant do it alone and he's injury prone. Granted, so is Jennings but matching them up together would be a smart move for all parties. Plus, GB acquires a mid round draft pick and get him out of the conference. Jennings wouldnt get a new deal but he would have a chance to win another SB ring which would increase his value if he plays good in the playoffs.

Of course, this is all speculation. Only way I even see the Packers think about trading Jennings is if they have a losing record the weekend before the trade deadline expires.

Side note question -

When is the trade deadline? Wasnt it moved back a few weeks?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams???

That would be a waste of a draft pick. They're in rebuilding mode and the best way to do it is in the draft. And instead of trading away a 3rd for Jennings, they would be better off trading their 2nd to PIT for Wallace who's a few years younger and worth the risk of a huge contract compared to Jennings.

Jennings would be a great addition to a team like the Texans or another similar team in the same position.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Rams???

That would be a waste of a draft pick. They're in rebuilding mode and the best way to do it is in the draft. And instead of trading away a 3rd for Jennings, they would be better off trading their 2nd to PIT for Wallace who's a few years younger and worth the risk of a huge contract compared to Jennings.

Jennings would be a great addition to a team like the Texans or another similar team in the same position.
Except Wallace likely won't be traded. And how long have the Rams been "building through the draft"? They have a ton of picks, and were still gonna have to hear how "the Rams don't have any weapons that's why Bradford sucks". I mean, sure Brian Quick is younger, but he's not helping Sam Bradford out more then Jennings would. I'm not saying it's a no brainer, but for a 3rd or maybe 4th at least they would get a reliable weapon.

They have a million WR's that they have got "building through the draft" and we see how well that's done him so far.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote