Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-13-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to the game on Sunday! Can't wait. We can't go into Carolina 0-2, need to get the dub this week and shut people up.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Clady or Jake Long would be so sexy. Highly doubt we can afford or bring in either of them tho. We need a blue chip OT already

Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Ryan Clady or Jake Long would be so sexy. Highly doubt we can afford or bring in either of them tho. We need a blue chip OT already
Well we have to make a list on how to pay. If and that's a big if... Those two or one of those guys are there I'd go all out in getting them. If that means not re-signing one of ours fine by me. I'd obviously pay jpp and nicks but if that means bye bye Cruz then so be it. Protection Eli is objective number one.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do have too many young guys to pay so I highly doubt we'd be able to afford any big name FA's. JPP, Nicks, Cruz, Phillips, Linval all need extensions. Marty B and Rivers will need to be re-signed also depending on this year. Something will give in the next year or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We do have too many young guys to pay so I highly doubt we'd be able to afford any big name FA's. JPP, Nicks, Cruz, Phillips, Linval all need extensions. Marty B and Rivers will need to be re-signed also depending on this year. Something will give in the next year or two.
Jpp nicks linval Bennett and rivers I'd extend. Cruz and Philips I'd let go. One is a system player and the other hasn't been what I expected from him when we drafted him. So if he wants a lot of money then no thanks.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we'd need to keep Kenny. we're weak at safety behind him and he's been nothing but solid for us
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't sign OL in FA. They're expensive as hell. Look at Baas. We paid out the ass for a mediocre Center.

We need to draft em. We have too many FAs on our roster to afford signing FA OL.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny has been excellent here even with the injury. He's a very big part of what we do on D. He eliminates the deep ball by himself almost Sunday not withstanding.

I don't think Cruz is a system player but yeah I do think he might be the odd man out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cruz won't be the odd man out. I'll be shocked if we let go of Cruz.

I can see Linval being the odd man out.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Jpp nicks linval Bennett and rivers I'd extend. Cruz and Philips I'd let go. One is a system player and the other hasn't been what I expected from him when we drafted him. So if he wants a lot of money then no thanks.
Really? You take Rivers over Phillips and Cruz? Gimme JPP, Nicks and Linval with long extensions, Cruz and KP get 3-4 year extensions and Bennett I'd be fine either way, letting him walk or bringing him back. I feel like with Williams, Boley and Kiwi we don't need to resign Rivers with all these other guys needing new contracts.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd be shocked if we let Linval go. He's a monster. Easier to replace Cruz than DL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Really? You take Rivers over Phillips and Cruz? Gimme JPP, Nicks and Linval with long extensions, Cruz and KP get 3-4 year extensions and Bennett I'd be fine either way, letting him walk or bringing him back. I feel like with Williams, Boley and Kiwi we don't need to resign Rivers with all these other guys needing new contracts.
I wouldn't be surprised if we cut Boley after this year and then re-signed Rivers. This is all very premature though obviously as we have no idea how he'll hold up for a full season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
If he is cheaper yeah. I know as giants fans we want our guys to stay. But this defense is inconsistent throughout the year and that goes for players and dc. I don't think that many players warrant a re-signing at a huge price. It's not like we are the Ravens defense where these guys are all all pro at every position.

KP I expected to be a lot better in terms of play making than he is. Cruz can leave too if he wants a huge contract..

OL in free agency will cost us that's true. That's why I like build from within. Use our first rounders invest like the niners did with their ol
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The problem is all the stud OL are top 15 picks. We never pick that high. I doubt Reese ever trades up for one but you never know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think Joseph is the odd man out. As much as I like him, is he really worth extending? He's a solid anchor in the run game who provides ZERO pass rush. And it doesn't look like he'll develop any pass rush any time soon. Run stuffing nose tackles are easy to draft. I rather just draft one.

We probably don't resign Boley. We save money there. We redo Rolle's contract, we save there. Probably don't extend Canty, save there.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't watch the game yet but he did have a sack last week. I don't remember how it came though. He also had a monster playoffs. He's really going to break out nationally this year I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Let's not overrate OL. I've believed for a couple of years now that OL is an overrated commodity in the NFL.

With the spread offense becoming more popular and successful, you don't need a stud OL as long as you have weapons on the outside and a stud QB. You'll get the ball out quick. Look at GB, their OL is mediocre but theyre a powerhouse offense bc they just beat you with #s on the outside and have a qb who can get the ball out.

We won 2 SBs in 5 years with our blueprint. It works. We just need 2 solid draft picks along the OL and we'll be fine.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to trade up. our depth in fantastic (sans the OL). trade up, stop wasting the mid rounders on these development guys that haven't worked out. trade up and nab that blue chip OL.

OR DRAFT CORDY GLENN DAMMIT
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We suck at evaluating OL talent too. That's another problem. We were all hot and bothered for Nate Solder. Solder sucks balls. We draft Beatty early. He sucks.

OL talent is actually very hard to find. And we're obviously not good at finding it.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well we like athletic guys apparently. Guys like Solder and Beatty. Too bad they're all big vaginas who can't block. We don't need dancing bears, we need maulers and mean mofos to keep Eli upright and revitalize our ground game
Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I mentioned that last page BBD. We need to re-evaluate in what we look for in OL because the current scouting is horrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Everyone practicing today!! Ojomo being the most limited. Apparently Canty was doing stuff he probably shouldn't have been because he's on PUP. That's a good sign he''ll be back when he's eligible though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love Clady, he is what we wanted in Beatty

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Let's not overrate OL. I've believed for a couple of years now that OL is an overrated commodity in the NFL.

With the spread offense becoming more popular and successful, you don't need a stud OL as long as you have weapons on the outside and a stud QB. You'll get the ball out quick. Look at GB, their OL is mediocre but theyre a powerhouse offense bc they just beat you with #s on the outside and have a qb who can get the ball out.

We won 2 SBs in 5 years with our blueprint. It works. We just need 2 solid draft picks along the OL and we'll be fine.

I disagree. I think it system specific. I am only talking about our system. I could careless about the other systems and their spread like nature. All I know is that we NEED OL. It's perfectly rated for us, or under rated in our system. We have been spoiled with a god like OL for a lot of Coughlin's tenure.

Perhaps some of you remember the S.. Show of a OL that took place with Fasshole's tenure, specifically that 4-12 season that led us to draft very early due.

We need an excellent OL. And I will tell you why. IN our system, specifically the passing system, we run 5 and 7 passing concepts where the QB and skill player need to be on the same page. That takes.. you guessed it! TIME! We need Eli to get his time so he can get an accurate post snap read. If he rushed, and throws the ball, then he that's a very risky thing because now you he is hoping, no.. praying the skill player is where he is. That can lead to ints and god knows what else.

But wait! Coughlin has this boner for balance! So now we have to be able to run the ball and be able to do things like kill a whole quarter if we have the lead, because the old man and Gilbride feel like it's against their religion to pound a team on the scoreboard. Also, we want our OL to be versatile too! Christ why not have them grow wings and fly too while we are at it. So now the OL have to be able to learn and play other positions just in case we need to play musical OL. I am still now done though! We now need that OL to be mobile and move around so that we can run very concepts like Toss, power, G, and Power G with a counter step by the RB.

We need our OL to be elite or god like. To tell you the truth if Coughlin had his way and if we were successful running the ball, I think he would run all day and screw the pass. You see him trying to do that at the goal line! Sorry old man, our OL isn't like it used to so, you better be able to have Eli throw in the red zone and 50 times a game if need be!

So within our framework of our system, OL isn't over rated at all! Not in the least bit! We need our OL to be that much better just to run our offense.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Terrell Thomas had a 3rd ACL surgery today.

sig by BoneKrusher