Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have no problems giving up a third if I were the Rams. How much longer are they going to let Bradford waste away with no one to throw to? They've tried in the draft and failed. I've seen Jennings on a ton of top 5 receiver lists. You wouldn't give up a third rounder for a top 5 receiver? 29 isn't that old, and receivers have a pretty long shelf life.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a thing. The Buccaneers don't need him.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was in the 49ers front office I would be lobbying them to trade a 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th for him
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I'd rent him for the year in exchange for a 5th-7th

Most people here are underrating Jennings and overvaluing draft picks, but holy crap this might be the stupidest trade proposal I've ever seen. The Packers could use him for the whole year and still get a better comp pick than what you're offering.

Jennings is a top 10 WR, I'd put him in the top 5. He's only 29. Yes, only 29, he's a WR, not a RB. He'll give you at least 5 more good years. To get him during the season a team would probably have to give up a first, but at the very least a 2nd and 4th.

There's less than a 5% chance the Packers are even interested in trading him mid-season anyway though. They're one of the best teams in the league and are trying to win a Super Bowl this year. You don't trade away one of your best players during the middle of a Super Bowl run.

If Jennings is traded it's going to be a tag and trade after the season. At that point you're looking at two 3rds minimum, as set by the Brandon Marshall trade.

I'm surprised with how clueless most of you seem to be assessing trade value. You trade a 5-7th for a backup OL, not a top 5 WR.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
If I was in the 49ers front office I would be lobbying them to trade a 2nd or a 3rd and a 4th for him
What? Why? You already loaded up in the off season with a ton of talent, and by the looks of things those moves looked to have drastically helped the offense. Trading anything after how crowded the WR group is on your team would be asinine.

Unless this was just a "good player available, my team should trade for him" post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
What? Why? You already loaded up in the off season with a ton of talent, and by the looks of things those moves looked to have drastically helped the offense. Trading anything after how crowded the WR group is on your team would be asinine.

Unless this was just a "good player available, my team should trade for him" post.
I am not sold on Moss and Manningham as legitimate threats at this point. Crabtree looked good in week one but I am not ready to say he is finally becoming a good WR, either. If we can get Jennings for a 3rd, which we have two of, and a 4th I would be more than okay even if we are only renting him for a year
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
At his age, and the contract he will demand...nothing. I wouldn't touch him, bc I would have to pay him. Rather just draft a guy. It's getting easier and easier to draft wrs these days.
Yeah..tell that to Jeff Ireland.

Pat Turner-Bust
Brian Hartline-Decent #2 guy
Clyde Gates-Bust
BJ Cunningham- Didnt make team, on Eagles PS
Rishad Mathews- Made team based on ST's play

But if I were the Dolphins, I would call the Packers ASAP and offer both 2013 3rd rounders. One will be a high 3rd anyway and the other(Bears) will likely be somewhere in the 20's. DO IT!
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not sold on Moss and Manningham as legitimate threats at this point. Crabtree looked good in week one but I am not ready to say he is finally becoming a good WR, either. If we can get Jennings for a 3rd, which we have two of, and a 4th I would be more than okay even if we are only renting him for a year
Moss better be the real deal! I'm starting him this week over Vincent Jackson.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is that your heart playing fantasy football? giants are banged up at CB lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
is that your heart playing fantasy football? giants are banged up at CB lol
It's definitely a factor. Plus Jackson didn't do **** in week 1, and Schianno's offense coupled with Freeman being mediocre in a new offense is scaring me away.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's definitely a factor. Plus Jackson didn't do **** in week 1, and Schianno's offense coupled with Freeman being mediocre in a new offense is scaring me away.
You're going to jinx your team with talk like that.

Not that I'd complain if you did.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Except Wallace likely won't be traded. And how long have the Rams been "building through the draft"? They have a ton of picks, and were still gonna have to hear how "the Rams don't have any weapons that's why Bradford sucks". I mean, sure Brian Quick is younger, but he's not helping Sam Bradford out more then Jennings would. I'm not saying it's a no brainer, but for a 3rd or maybe 4th at least they would get a reliable weapon.

They have a million WR's that they have got "building through the draft" and we see how well that's done him so far.
And Jennings isnt likely to be traded either unless the Packers have a losing record when the trade deadline rolls around, and even then I dont think that he goes anywhere.

Rams have drafted five receivers since drafting Bradford and none in the first round and only Quick was drafted in the second round. The other four were drafted in the third round or later. Rams need a top five draft pick on a receiver. A Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Blackmon, etc. type. A premiere number one WR that you know will be just that instead of just hoping or guessing. Granted, drafting a WR in the top five isnt a guarantee but the percentages are far better than in any other round.

Rams biggest problem is their OL. They suck. Jennings isnt going to help Bradford whatsoever. They have two first rounders next year and in 2014. They draft an OL and a WR each year and they'll be a playoff contender in two years. Isnt going to happen any sooner than that.

I just dont see the point of trading away a mid round draft pick for a 29 year old WR who quite honestly, could turn out to be crap once he's no longer in GB. He would have to go to an offensive based team, not some crappy team with only one offensive player (Jackson). Also, if they dont give him an extension, they're basically throwing away the draft pick for a two month rental. Just a waste of a draft pick.

In the end, I dont see Wallace or Jennings getting traded so its all mute.
dan77733 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh hell no. No thanks to Jennings.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The 49ers have too many receivers on the roster. Please, let's not take a Madden approach to this. Greg Jennings isn't going to come in here and just start a run of dominance in a new system with new coaches and people he's never worked with before. He can't even finish a game with how banged up he's been recently. Plus, this would just further keep A.J. Jenkins on the bench. We already have a load of talent at wide receiver in Moss, Manningham, Crabtree (who actually looks hungry), Williams, and Jenkins. Not to mention we're distributing the ball to Vernon Davis and Delaine Walker too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Let's calm down about Crabtree. I saw him catch a bunch of 5 yard passes, get some 3 yard YAC action going, and complete a nice statline. Didn't exactly blow the top off the defense or anything.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's calm down about Crabtree. I saw him catch a bunch of 5 yard passes, get some 3 yard YAC action going, and complete a nice statline. Didn't exactly blow the top off the defense or anything.
He didn't dominate, but he played a decent game the other day including a 20 yard catch on 3rd & 9 where he really fought for the first down. He's looked like he cares a lot more than he has in recent years, which is weird. His body language just seems different. I still expect him to toast defensive backs, but he could be a decent to good possession type of receiver.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
For the first time in four years, im actually excited and pumped in regards to Crabtree. He looks like he's playing with a purpose instead of just going through the motions. Either way, he's still far cheaper and younger than Jennings plus with all the receivers we have, no reason to add another. Also, Jennings wouldnt play half as good in SF as he has in GB because one, while Smith is a solid QB, he's no Rodgers, two, we're loaded with receivers (WR and TE) and third, we're not a passing offense. We're a running offense first and foremost. No point. Would be a waste of a draft pick for nothing more than a three month rental. And no, I wouldnt sign him to no extension either.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is an interesting topic. I'd probably give up a third-round pick as long as he was willing to be somewhat reasonable on the contract ($8-10 million a year for 3-4 seasons.)
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm not clueless wrt assessing trade value. i don't believe wrs have anywhere near the value the average fan wants to give them. further, no one asked what the packers might get for him. the question was, specficially:

"Assuming they are open to trade him what would you give up for Jennings?"

i would give nothing. and that has nothing to do with how much i value draft picks.
Fair enough I suppose. I took that question as trying to gauge his value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
This is an interesting topic. I'd probably give up a third-round pick as long as he was willing to be somewhat reasonable on the contract ($8-10 million a year for 3-4 seasons.)
Vincent Jackson just got 5 years $55. Jennings is quite a bit better, will only be a few months older than Jackson was when he got his, and free agent prices increase every year. He's probably looking at 5 years $58-60

Last edited by Mufasa : 09-13-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 49ers have too many receivers on the roster. Please, let's not take a Madden approach to this. Greg Jennings isn't going to come in here and just start a run of dominance in a new system with new coaches and people he's never worked with before. He can't even finish a game with how banged up he's been recently. Plus, this would just further keep A.J. Jenkins on the bench. We already have a load of talent at wide receiver in Moss, Manningham, Crabtree (who actually looks hungry), Williams, and Jenkins. Not to mention we're distributing the ball to Vernon Davis and Delaine Walker too.
They may have six receivers on the roster but even the most optimistic 49ers fans doesn't expect three of them; Jenkins, Ginn and Williams; to contribute very much on offense this year. Like I said, I liked the way Crabtree looked last week but I don't know if I am ready to declare him good yet, Manningham is at best a good #2 and we haven't seen enough from Moss yet. Jennings would instantly give us a legitimate #1 WR and turn our receiving corps from maybe decent to very good. For a 3rd and a 4th round pick I would definitely do it.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julio Jones as a junior: Totally worth a 1st, future 1st, 2nd, 4th, and future 4th Round picks.

Greg Jennings after having 4,619 yards over the past 4 years: Maybe worth a box of Cheez Its.

This isn't me making fun of anyone. This is me showing how delicious Cheez Its actually are.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Fair enough I suppose. I took that question as trying to gauge his value

Vincent Jackson just got 5 years $55. Jennings is quite a bit better, will only be a few months older than Jackson was when he got his, and free agent prices increase every year. He's probably looking at 5 years $58-60
I'd rather have Vincent Jackson any day of the week; he's one of the top receivers in the league in my opinion. Jennings is closer to the Santonio Holmes/Stevie Johnson level. Johnson is younger (26) and signed for only 5-$36; Tampa Bay may have had to pay a premium for Jackson as well in order to lure him to a losing team. 6'5", 230 pound WRs who run a 4.4 and jump 40" in the air don't exactly grow on trees.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Julio Jones as a junior: Totally worth a 1st, future 1st, 2nd, 4th, and future 4th Round picks.

Greg Jennings after having 4,619 yards over the past 4 years: Maybe worth a box of Cheez Its.

This isn't me making fun of anyone. This is me showing how delicious Cheez Its actually are.
TH, I am disappoint.

You don't pay guys for what they HAVE done in the league, you pay them for what you think they WILL DO.

Jennings had obviously found success in his career. But for a 29 year old who will want #1 receiver kind of money and isn't anything particularly special from a physical standpoint, I wouldn't want him. Like, not even for a hilariously low draft pick just because I wouldn't want to have to pay to extend him.

Like BBD said on page 1, just draft someone. You get someone younger and significantly cheaper. Obviously, you're gambling that the rookie will become something in the NFL, but it's a chance I'd take over paying and vet pushing 30 who wants big money.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
TH, I am disappoint.

You don't pay guys for what they HAVE done in the league, you pay them for what you think they WILL DO.

Jennings had obviously found success in his career. But for a 29 year old who will want #1 receiver kind of money and isn't anything particularly special from a physical standpoint, I wouldn't want him. Like, not even for a hilariously low draft pick just because I wouldn't want to have to pay to extend him.

Like BBD said on page 1, just draft someone. You get someone younger and significantly cheaper. Obviously, you're gambling that the rookie will become something in the NFL, but it's a chance I'd take over paying and vet pushing 30 who wants big money.
So you didn't like the Marshall trade then? He got two third round picks, is only one year younger and I'd definitely argue that Jennings is a better receiver.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
So you didn't like the Marshall trade then? He got two third round picks, is only one year younger and I'd definitely argue that Jennings is a better receiver.
A 6'4 guy who has experience with our QB? No.

Could you argue that Jennings is more polished or a better route runner or not a moron...absolutely. Marshall has far superior physical tools and is exactly what our offense needed. Plus, because he's a moron, he's a little cheaper and, as a possession receiver, can produce for longer.

So hell yes I liked the Marshall trade. Not even comparable here.

And also, we DID draft Alshon Jeffery, who is just as big and physical and could become the #1 down the line. So we got the best of both worlds in this discussion.