Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-11-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a medical expert by any means and this is a different scenario, but a soccer player over here suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch and his heart stopped beating for 78 minutes, he is unable to play football any more but has full range of movement, is able to speak etc, so I guess it can happen if you are immediately dealt with by professionals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabrice...t_on_the_pitch

Hopefully the same can be said of Jerry eventually, though with his older age and presumably lesser fitness levels it might be a longer road to recovery.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, sucks about King. Praying he makes a full recovery...
Old 09-12-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JR gives his thoughts on King.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/ji...ents-unfolded/

Quote:
What an amazing and unreal 24 hours it has been with the major heart attack suffered by my long time partner and friend Jerry Lawler live during Monday Night Raw. It feels like a bad dream but unfortunately it isnít.

I was watching Monday Night Raw as usual when fans at the arena began Tweeting that something was wrong with the King at the announce table. The more that I read these shocking Tweets the more helpless that I felt because I wasnít there in Montreal to help my dear friend.
Michael Coleís updates had me trembling.

For Jerry Lawler to be sick is highly unusual. Being a 62 year old man, the King has been as fit as any one that Iíve known. He wrestles several times a month on the indy circuit and still plays in his Memphis softball league on Wednesday nights. Jerry is also Ďyoung at heartí which isnít new news.

Plus, my long time partner and traveling companion has never smoked, drank alcohol or been a drug user. In a rough and tumble business, Jerry Lawler has essentially been an iron man since the 70′s.
But even self acclaimed ĎIron Mení arenít bullet proof even though many of us think that we are.
Trust me, we arenít.

Iím not sure what caused Jerryís heart attack but it could have been genetic, Jerryís Dad died of a heart attack at a young age, or something that has been brewing for a good while. I donít know. In any event, suffering a massive heart attack is obviously life changing.

I know of what I speak on this matter as I lost both my parents at the age of 64 of heart attacks one year a part. Heart ailments are equal opportunity killers that care not who they attack.

Neither of my parents were in a position when their heart attacks occurred to get the immediate medical help that was available to Jerry in Montreal. My Mom died in mere minutes while we were in London for a PPV and my Dad held on for a few hours before he could fight no more. For the record, Dad passed on the night that LOD returned to Monday Night Raw. Funny how one remembers info like this.

Based on the information that I have, Jerry was extremely lucky to have been at a WWE event when his attack occurred. The immediate care that the trained professionals provided Jerry likely saved his life.

I shudder to think what the outcome would have been if Jerry had been wrestling on one of the indy shows that he was often booked. Heck, even driving to the arena or sitting in a restaurant might have proven fatal based on the hand that The King was dealt in Montreal Monday evening.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news, apparently a Memphis news station reported that Lawler has no brain damage from the heart attack.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Great news, apparently a Memphis news station reported that Lawler has no brain damage from the heart attack.
Thank god I'm glad. Once he comes back (and I hope it's unannounced and unexpected) he'll get the biggest ovation anyone has ever heard.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really get to watch wrestling too much these days but I hope the King makes a speedy recovery.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 09-15-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Brodeur, smartmark will have KoT up on Monday, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Hey Brodeur, smartmark will have KoT up on Monday, right?
I'm hoping so. I missed it yesterday so it better be up. Commie is better at finding Chikara shows than I am, though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm hoping so. I missed it yesterday so it better be up. Commie is better at finding Chikara shows than I am, though.
Here's hoping, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

JBL is filling in for King at Night of Champions.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best PPV since Wrestlemania probably. Punk and Cena are great together and the crowd is always red hot.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Extreme Rules > Wrestlemania. Good PPV though, despite me not being a fan of Orton winning for no discernible reason. RATINGS (since you all asked for it)...

Cody/Rey/Miz/Cara- ***1/2 (best Cara match in the WWE)
Friendship/Boom Jimmy- **3/4 (loved the comedy of the match and Bryan/Kane on the whole, but Truth/Kofi weren't given much to do really)
Cesaro/Ryder- *** (solid and short little match that made Cesaro and Ryder look good)
Orton/Ziggler- ****1/4 (great match but weak that Orton won)
Eve/Layla- ** (weak that they took Kaitlyn out, but passable divas match)
Sheamus/ADR- *** (fine enough, but I don't give a **** about this feud and their chemistry is blah)
Punk/Cena- ****1/4 (great and the ending was fine except for Cena completely no selling the entire match)

Special asides:
-JBL's commentary was fantastic and he/Cole have great chemistry together
-The Kane/Bryan stuff backstage was amazing
-Brogue kick storyline was so goddamn stupid and I hate it

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cena gets hit with 40 Go To Sleep's, a ton of submissions, and whatever else in a 25 minute match and as soon as he wins it's IM OKAY NOW GUYS GOTTA CELEBRATE WITH THE TROOPS!

I'm used to that by now, but it's kind of annoying. Great match though.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most everything you said, Brody. Cena no-selling was so annoying. I think it was cross face that was especially awful. Cena just did nothing for like 15 seconds.

I think Sheamus and ADR have very good in ring chemistry though. It's just that the stroyline is sooo bad and the fact the Sheamus will never, ever tap to the cross arm breaker.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Cena gets hit with 40 Go To Sleep's, a ton of submissions, and whatever else in a 25 minute match and as soon as he wins it's IM OKAY NOW GUYS GOTTA CELEBRATE WITH THE TROOPS!

I'm used to that by now, but it's kind of annoying. Great match though.
I glad they let Cena celebrate before announcing the draw though. Lots of kids cried.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think Sheamus and ADR have very good in ring chemistry though. It's just that the stroyline is sooo bad and the fact the Sheamus will never, ever tap to the cross arm breaker.
Meh, I think ADR has more natural chemistry with every other main eventer and likewise with Sheamus. It's not Taker/Rock levels of awkwardness, but it's still not that great and their matches have largely been blah.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheamus and Del Rio are good in the ring and their match was solid but their feud is BORING as all hell. I hope it finally has ended with Sheamus winning again

JBL on commentary ruled. Wish he'd come back full time as a commentator

main event delivered. Super Cena is gonna Super Cena so what else is new, just glad they did a finish like that(better than Cena winning). So now it extends into Hell in a Cell where somebody will win clean and that's that

I like how the fans STILL don't want to boo Punk. He came out wearing Yankee pinstripe attire, whereas Cena is in his hometown AND his new shirt/colors are for breast cancer awareness....and they STILL boo him
Old 09-17-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shameus and ADR have fought in 3 straight PPV's with shameus winning them all so that should be the end of that fued.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheamus is Irish and Alberto Del Rio is Mexican. Therefore, my Vince McMahon racial stereotype chart tells me that they will be naturally antagonistic.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on what's going on currently in the WWE, post your "dream" Wrestlemania 29 card that's still realistic. Heres mine:
1. PTP(c) vs The Usos vs Epico & Primo- Tag Titles

2. Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

3. Cody Rhodes vs Sheamus vs Christian vs Kofi Kingston vs Miz vs Kane vs Big Show vs Antonio Cesaro- MITB

4. Daniel Bryan(c) vs Chris Jericho- Intercontinental Title

5. Kaitlyn(c) vs Natalya- Divas Title

6. HHH vs Randy Orton- HHH must retire from wrestling

7. Dolph Ziggler(c) vs Wade Barrett- WHC, I could see Barrett turning face for this feud

8. Undertaker vs John Cena- I Quit Match, Cena never quits, but Taker has his streak

9. The Rock(c) vs CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar w/ Special Guest ref Stone Cold Steve Austin- WWE Title, Rocky wins at the Rumble, Brock wins the Rumble, Punk gets his rematch

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

God, I miss JBL on commentary.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
God, I miss JBL on commentary.
Yep. Wish he'd come back full time in this role
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm liking that the Tag Team Div is finally starting to improve. It still needs alot of work but it's showing signs of improvement.