Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Jvig how could you be so foolish? Don't you know that the Packers don't lose, they just beat themselves, thus still undefeated.
Also, any extraneous decisions can be attributed to injuries.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Also, any extraneous decisions can be attributed to injuries.
I do believe you mean injuriezzzzzz

As for Cardinals game, am I the only one who will be disappointed if we don't hold them to under 15 points?

Fitz speaks for himself and Floyd and Doucet are nice options too, but their offensive line is worse than the Titans and may actually challenge the Bears for the worst in the NFL, they really shouldn't get anything going in the run game and Kolb is just horrible.

Defensively they are a good team but I think we should win this one something like 24-10 or so

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Troy Brown being inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame this year it's going to bring us to an interesting situation with Bruschi, Harrison, and McGinest all eligible next season. I think Bruschi is the most likely choice, and all will eventually get in, but the next 6 or so years it's going to be incredibly competitive with all the dynasty era Patriots becoming eligible. Something to watch for.
Yeah next year will be real interesting to see who gets in, but on that note I ******* love Troy Brown. One of my all time favorite players.
Quote:
Jvig how could you be so foolish? Don't you know that the Packers don't lose, they just beat themselves, thus still undefeated.
Haha the best part is I'm not even ripping on the packers, its ridiculous that he thought either team was going to make it undefeated through the season. Just isn't going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Haha the best part is I'm not even ripping on the packers, its ridiculous that he thought either team was going to make it undefeated through the season. Just isn't going to happen.
In all fairness to JMike, his prediction that 2 teams could go undefeated throughout the regular season in the same year, when only 2 teams have done it since 1970 and only 1 since the NFL went to a 16 game regular season seemed not only plausible but probable. I am shocked that both teams didn't go 16-0 in the regular season. Shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After week 1 (way too early to do this... but why not), we are 13th in passing OYPA, 3rd in OYPC, 10th in DYPA, and 2nd in DYPC.

The Bucs only gave up a total of 10 yards rushing in game one and averaged 0.8 YPC, beating out NE's 1.0 YPC.

The Jets (on average) had a better passing game. (lol)
Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez > Brady then, obviously :)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals/Patriots preview is up:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...-week-two.html
Old 09-16-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a bit unfair to only mention the RB when talking about the running game.

The football adage "the OL is responsible for the first 4 yards and the RB is responsible for everything else" tends to put the onus on the OL moreso. Basically, to hold a team under 4 YPC is to say the OL was getting dominated. I thought the Titans had a pretty good run blocking line.

How would you assess the Cardinals OL?
Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think it's a bit unfair to only mention the RB when talking about the running game.

The football adage "the OL is responsible for the first 4 yards and the RB is responsible for everything else" tends to put the onus on the OL moreso. Basically, to hold a team under 4 YPC is to say the OL was getting dominated. I thought the Titans had a pretty good run blocking line.

How would you assess the Cardinals OL?
I mentioned Arizona's line in another section of the preview, but basically...not very good. Daryn Colledge is decent, Lyle Sendlein is below average, Bobby Massie has some potential, and then D'Anthony Batiste and Adam Snyder are well below average.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Hernandez looks like he sustained a pretty serious injury. ****.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also Edelmen got the start over Welker today. Yikes.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Chandler Jones just ate the LT alive. 1 missed hold, 1 holding penalty, and 1 tackle for loss. 3 plays in a row.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And this really really sucks.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

OSDFJKHGASKJHFKDJSHKJS

OMG no way.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Special Teams is one third of the game.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots lost this game in an ugly way, but I'm still really optimistic going forward. With Connolly out and Hernandez getting injured the offense sputtered against a very good defense. The Patriot defense held up pretty well. Had Skelton played they would've gotten some more sacks against that OL. Overall it was just a bad performance by the ST. I'm sure they'll look better next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Post-game recap:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20364
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Razor in that this loss was tough, but even though Arizona has a very good defense we are usually going to play better on offense. It isn't like previous seasons where we couldn't stop anybody and it made you wonder how we would be able to stop anyone going forward. I am not worried about the offense not being able to produce from here on out, and I am positive special teams is going to be addressed all next week. Hernandez being hurt is rough, the OL is still shaky, and Welker is just mentally out of it I think but if we can keep Brady on his feet we will be fine. Our defense is better than it has been in years and the running game is as well, special teams cost us today. Can't count on the offense to score 30 every game and the defense played well. Costly mistakes and opportunistic play by the Cardinals, who really impressed me.

That hold on Gronk was a questionable call, but there is not excuse for not scoring after that Williams fumble. Even before the missed FG, that series looked like something bad was going to happen.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

We really did deserve to lose this game, missed FG or not. The fumble put us back into a game we had no business at that point winning. Really was not a fan of the play calling for the offense today, the defense played alright but our offense was putrid until that 4th quarter drive.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
We really did deserve to lose this game, missed FG or not. The fumble put us back into a game we had no business at that point winning. Really was not a fan of the play calling for the offense today, the defense played alright but our offense was putrid until that 4th quarter drive.
The play calling was putrid, they gave Danny Woodhead way too many touches in bad spots. Also, they waited way too long to get Gronk involved. I'm with pretty much everybody else here, it's hard to get too upset when the defense plays that well. We're more balanced than we've been in years, and hopefully this will get us focused for next week's game. If we win we're right back on track.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the offensive playcalling was atrocious. It was just so predictable and borderline ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with that.

The Ravens will be a great test next week. Their OLBs are injured and that's going to hurt them a lot against us. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how our defense will match up with their revamped passing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

McDaniels has been utilizing bland play calling since he got back here including the preseason. Really just isn't working well for us right now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-17-2012, 05:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Yeah, the offensive playcalling was atrocious. It was just so predictable and borderline ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with that.

The Ravens will be a great test next week. Their OLBs are injured and that's going to hurt them a lot against us. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how our defense will match up with their revamped passing game.
The Pats actually done ok against the outside rush but the 2 down linemen of Campbell and Dockett absolutely killed them yesterday. Thomas was horrible and Mankins lost some battles against Campbell.

I thought the defense was superb yesterday. 10 points came from drives that totalled 9 yards. Kolb would have been sacked on numerous occassions if Baptiste didn't lasso Jones, who by the way may already be the best Pats defender against both run and pass together.

I also thought McCourty played his best game in a long time and the LBs were so good when asked to be aggressive.

The offense will improve with or without Hernandez in the coming weeks but special teams cost them the win yesterday. Ebner done a poor job against Groves on the block and Gostkowski just completely shanked the FG try. Absolutely horrible showing, however the Cardinals probably have the best ST unit in the league

Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Week 2

What Went Right

For the second straight week the defense played a great game all round. The Cardinals had 4 scoring drives in the game. The first, a field goal, came on the opening drive while the defense were feeling their way into the game. The second, another field goal, came off a short field after Brady's INT on the offense's first play. The defense held firm and forced them to go for 3. The first TD came on a 2 yard drive after the Cardinals blocked a Zoltan Mesko punt in the end zone and it went out of bounds. The final TD was a good prolonged drive from the Cardinals which was extended by a stupid late hit by Steve Gregory. The call on Spikes on the same play was pure BS as he was called for a hit to the head yet he led with his shoulder into Kolb's shoulder.

Noteable standouts on defense;

Devin McCourty - played his best game in a long time for the Pats. Very good in the run game, got some nice kickoff returns and had a huge role in holding Larry Fitzgerald to one catch for 4 yards. Had one particularly good play late against Fitz where he gave up inside leverage but fought his way back to break up the pass and force a punt.

Chandler Jones - For one series in the second quarter he was the best player on the field for either team. Huge tackle for a loss, QB pressure despite being held and a near sack while the Arizona LT basically jumped on his back. He also made a great play from behind on Kolb to cause the first Arizona fumble. Jones is such a good two way defender that teams will begin to gameplan heavily for him in both aspects of offense.

LBs - When asked to be aggressive all 3 starting LBs made big plays. Hightower had a crushing run for a loss when he shot a gap, Spikes put a sick spin move on the Cardinals' OC and also caused the huge fumble towards the end of the game and Mayo was all over the place and also pressured Kolb at times.

Not much went right for the offense, but despite his finishing numbers I thought Ridley had a real nice game again. He had some very good runs and got so much yardage after contact. He also caught some nice balls. The biggest problem I see with the run game going forward is he is being hit way too often in the backfield. Daryl Washington made a great play in one tackle for a loss but the hole for him to shoot was huge. Likewise Patrick Peterson just overpowered his man on the edge for the crucial third down TFL. But all signs are pointing up for Ridley this season.

What Went Wrong

The offensive line was just not very good at all, and for once the blame does not go on Nate Solder who I actually thought had a good game. Arizona played mainly a 2 down line with Campbell and Dockett and they gave the interior of the line fits all day. Campbell flat out dominated Logan Mankins on a number of plays and Donald Thomas was out of his depth. He got beaten badly on an inside stunt for Groves' sack and was mauled in the run game. This area is something that really needs to improve.

Offensive play calling was as poor as I can remember. In the first half it appeared as though every play was designed to get Lloyd the ball. He had 5 targets in the first half with only 2 catches. This may have been a byproduct of losing Hernandez early, however they need to react on the fly far better in future. There was no rythym at all until the 4th quarter.

One of the big things that is going under the radar was the drops by the skill players. Welker dropped a huge 3rd down play where the ball went right through his hands. This forced Mesko to punt from the endzone and we all know what happened next. Lloyd also let a rocket from Brady hit him in the chest and Gronk dropped a would be TD. The 2 point play was a tough one but a play that needed to be made also.

Finally, there were far too many penalties. I don't mind Wilfork's as much because it is a sign of the defense being aggressive early in the season. However offensively it was a mess. False starts were way too common and Gronk commited two critical penalties in consecutive plays. While it was harsh the hold was there to be called and then he had a false start pushing Gostkowski back another 5 yards for the kick.

All in all this was a very sloppy game, however it isn't the end of the world. The offense will improve as the season goes on and the defense looks very impressive. Special teams is a worry however I figure this will be a big area in practice for a few weeks.

The game on Sunday will be a tough one but a good one. Bill Belichick teams rarely lose 2 games on the bounce and you have to believe the players will look to make up for the poor performance last week.

Last edited by AntoinCD : 09-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice notes.

The two point conversion miss was all on Gronk. He slowed up (slightly, but it's there) and then had to adjust and dive for the catch. Had he kept moving it would have been an easy play.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote