Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was no way he could see out of that right eye and even his left eye was starting to swell up the doctors should have stopped it. I'm fairly certain that if Pacman kept circling left he he could have hit him with punches all day that he couldn't see. Still though I know his stock has been down but I kind of expected more fight out of Margs especially being so much damn bigger, it almost seemed at times like Pacman was letting himself get against the ropes trying to brawl with him and test his power and take some punches.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, the fight should have been stopped but I have no problem with them letting him go as long as he still had his hands up, throwing punches and could see.
While he could barely see... he could see well enough (How many fingers do I have up?), he could see.

Good fight. A KO would have been nice but it was an easy dominating fight for PacMan.

Cotto fight Dec 4th. Opponent yet to be picked though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly hope that some of these Pac vs Paul Williams or Martinez rumors are just smoke. As great as Pac is he's 144 pounds in a 130 pound body. Even against Marg the size difference was noticable and posed problems. Williams or Martinez IMO would just be unfair but who knows. I think Pac is kind of stuck with limited opponents especially if he never fights Floyd. With that said he probably only has 2-4 fights left in him max especially since I hear he's eying presidency soon. He's kind of in a situation in which he's been fighting bigger slower guys that at this point in his career I can't see him going back down to say 140 and fighting a young gun like Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander. I think Pac's opponents beyond Mayweather are limited to a rematch with Cotto, and then maybe Shane Mosely. I know lots of people want to see Andre Berto in there with him but I don't think Berto has proven to be worthy of a top flight fight like this. Maybe Pac vs Marquez III could happen but it would have to be at WW, but Marquez looked so poor against Floyd at 147 even body and conditioning wise.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I honestly hope that some of these Pac vs Paul Williams or Martinez rumors are just smoke. As great as Pac is he's 144 pounds in a 130 pound body. Even against Marg the size difference was noticable and posed problems. Williams or Martinez IMO would just be unfair but who knows. I think Pac is kind of stuck with limited opponents especially if he never fights Floyd. With that said he probably only has 2-4 fights left in him max especially since I hear he's eying presidency soon. He's kind of in a situation in which he's been fighting bigger slower guys that at this point in his career I can't see him going back down to say 140 and fighting a young gun like Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander. I think Pac's opponents beyond Mayweather are limited to a rematch with Cotto, and then maybe Shane Mosely. I know lots of people want to see Andre Berto in there with him but I don't think Berto has proven to be worthy of a top flight fight like this. Maybe Pac vs Marquez III could happen but it would have to be at WW, but Marquez looked so poor against Floyd at 147 even body and conditioning wise.
I don't think Roach lets him go below 147 again. That said, I dont want to see a Cotto rematch or a fight with Shane. I guess Berto is somewhat more interesting although he will probably get smoked inside of 3 rounds. Marquez again I am def. interested in, not at 147 though.

Assuming he wont go to 140, there are really no matches I would rather see than him vs Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez. I think he is a sizable dog in each fight, but why not at this point? I don't think he would get seriously hurt as neither is a huge puncher and if he does it he just may be the greatest fighter of all time. I kinda want to see him take on the winner and make a run at all time greatest.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It's tough Martinez is the better and tougher fighter for Pac, but Paul is freakishly big. Both pose equally difficult threats but hell yeah I'd love to see it, just not sure he'd do it. I almost feel like it's Floyd or bust. Any other fight would be a hand picked resume stuffer.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Good God, Bernard Hopkins just reached a new level of stupidity:
Quote:
"Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters -- and I mean, black fighters from the streets or the inner cities -- would be successful," said Hopkins, according to Fanhouse.com. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."
Quote:
Pacquaio fought and defeated Joshua Clottey of Ghana earlier this year, but Hopkins discounted that win, saying "Clottey is 'black,' but not a 'black boxer' from the states with a slick style."
Quote:
Hopkins -- who said he's voicing what other black fighters and fight fans are thinking but reluctant to say -- is wondering why Pacquaio hasn't fought Mayweather "or any other top-notch black fighter," according to the report.

So Hopkins is saying Manny won't fight black fighters. WTF is that all about. Haha and then he says that Clottey is black but not a black fighter. This is some of the most senseless stuff I've ever heard. I mean Floyd and Mosely are really the only black fighters who are possible opponents for him so to accuse someone of dodging black fighters when there are only 2 is ridiculous. Also while Floyd is one of the most gifted boxers I've ever seen, I don't see any "inner city fighting style" in him. Hopkins could have easily made this about how Pac wouldnt' be able to fight a mobile technician like Floyd, instead he makes it about race, what an idiot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5820908

Old 11-18-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah when I think inner city boxing style, I think a Joe Frazier type. Tough as nails and just continually coming at you, not stopping until he physically can't get up anymore. That's not Floyd at all. Floyd waits for you to come to him and picks you apart. Floyd is a pure boxer, not a brawler type that "inner city from the streets" suggests to me. Hell, Manny is more of that than Floyd is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at the Hopkins comments. What a dumbass, Floyd is about as gangsta as i am.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Williams vs. Sergio Martinez II tonight.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ****!!! Paul Williams got knocked out cold in one punch!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Holy ****!!! Paul Williams got knocked out cold in one punch!
Damn 2nd round KO, glad I ordered UFC 123 instead, still I'll have to find a clip of it. I had Martinez winning, but I thought gridning out a late round TKO or decision, but damn. No way Pac can handle Martinez with his size.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ktfo
Old 12-21-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Apparentely Mosely and Pac on May 7 has been agreed upon.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'll be watching that too. Every Pacq fight is worth watching.
Wish it was against Mayweather though. Maybe he should stop beating up bouncers and security guards and fight Manny!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah I know Floyd was out because of his legal problems but my dream was for Martinez even though that's probably way too big for him or at least something more exciting like Berto. This fight has a chance to be another lopsided fest the only difference being he won't drop Sugar shane and Shane has a chance with his power at any moment. Should keep us watching since he can hurt Manny so we'll see. At the very least it will be much better than the Clottey fight.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just retire already, Holyfield. Although you gotta give the man props, he's still built like a beast at 48 years old.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Cotto/Mayorga tonight. Anyone else watching it? This guy is.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Cotto/Mayorga was an entertaining fight.
Went all the way to the 12th round and there weren't many boring rounds.
Mayorga tried his antics but Cotto kept his cool.
Mayo ended up breaking his hand, it looked like but he didn't hit anything right before it happened. Weird.

Tommy Z (Ravens safety/ex-ND) won by a KO in the 1st round.
Knocked the dude out... he got back up and said he was okay but the ref stopped the fight.
Also weird.

Paw ended up putting a whooping on Y.Foreman. Wasn't a fair fight.
Why Foreman took this fight after repairing his ACL, I don't know.

Overall, a pretty good fight night.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to my first proper boxing fight at the weekend watching Amir Khan and Paul McCloskey. Disgusted by the stoppage even though Khan was winning comfortably. For value's worth probably the most exciting thing Ive ever been to despite it not being the best fight ever. One thing though, if Khan fights like that against Bradley he'll get beaten badly

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot, Rob S. We talked about it before somewhere. I picked Andre Ward to win it!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Anyone have a link to tonight's full card?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

firstrowsports bro

I think Sergio wins but wouldnt be shocked if JCC Jr pulls out a victory.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

That was crazy. I was pissed the last 43 seconds he didnt land as much or it was going to be game set match. Too little too late.
Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Canelo is a beast btw
Quote: