Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually agree with all of that BBD. Martellus right now is our 3rd receiving threat and he's too inconsistent to be it. We've got somethings to really improve. I agree about Kiwi. I think he was fine at LB, but with Osi and tuck non-existant, he might be better off back on the DL. We need pressure badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our team has big issues. David D. leaving actually helped the team. I want to see more of Brown, perhaps let him start and let wilson play more. I was thinking about this yesterday, we have no had our past two draft classes impact us.

We need more of our young guys to play and learn. I feel like when a rookie is on our team they have jump through hoops and hurdles to get PT while other teams put their guys in and have them develop that way.

Wilson, R.R. Robinson all are on ice or special teams

2011: Prince, Austin, JJ and Brewer

All 4 are basically not playing. LOL. You cant be successful in the NFL if your draft class isn't contributing! That's VERY alarming! Where are our young guys? Can they actually do more for this team than Fing special teams?! If they are not playing special teams, then the player is inactive!

Quote:

Pick Player
1.32 David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
2.31 Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
3.31 Jayron Hosley, CB, Virginia Tech
4.32 Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati
4.36 Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
6.31 Matt McCants, OT, UAB
7.32 Markus Kuhn, DT, North Carolina State

Rnd Name College Note

1 Prince Amukamara Nebraska
2 Marvin Austin North Carolina
3 Jerrel Jernigan Troy
4 James Brewer Indiana
6 Greg Jones Michigan State
6 Tyler Sash Iowa
6 Jacquian Williams South Florida
7 Da'Rel Scott Maryland

Rnd Name College Note

1 Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida
2 Linval Joseph East Carolina
3 Chad Jones LSU
4 Phillip Dillard Nebraska
5 Mitch Petrus Arkansas
6 Adrian Tracy William & Mary
7 Matt Dodge East Carolina

Our OL needs to fix it self and play better. I have no faith in Fewell! How do you put Tyron or Coe in single coverage with NO safety help on 1 on 1?! Vincent burned him. You can't do that!

When we do pass the ball our offense can be lethal! I wish we would pass a lot more. And can we cut down on the drops?! Please! It's amazing how our guys keep dropping the ball.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I missed the game helping some friends on their shoot, but I'm glad to see we won, the passing game clicked, we still have the moxie to come back even when down big and that the defense is playing craptastic enough to force Fewell to cut his stupid **** out...eventually...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-17-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm not happy and I don't feel good about the Giants right now at all. I'm glad we won the game, but that's all I'm happy about. We noticed several issues yesterday:
I agree with you on the CBs. I am worried about Webster, but I think he will improve as well when Amukamara and Hosley gets up to speed. I think too much pressure is put on him right now, being our only healthy and starting-caliber CB. Tryon sucks ass. His only "pass breakup" was luck more than skill as well.

Pass rush needs to get better, I agree. Hopefully they break out of that funk soon, but I'm not too worried about them. They will show up sooner rather than later. Too talented group of guys not to.

Tackling is poor, yes. But it will improve as the guys get more games. The reason tackling sucks in the early season is because you aren't allowed to practice with pads as much anymore. It will improve by default, I think.

Chase Blackburn needs to be benched though. I've seen enough. Great guy, and he will always be remembered for his contributions to the great Giants teams, but I suspect we have better options riding the pine on the sideline.

Agree on the O-line, on the third reciever and on Wilson.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is so negative, haha. I understand being concerned but if Eli doesn't throw three interceptions, this game is probably a blow out. I'm not blaming Eli, I'm just saying it would have been a very different game.

You're right, there are some serious concerns, but some of it is injury related more than anything else. I feel like Randle would be getting more reps if we didn't like to baby our wide outs.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BBD is so negative, haha. I understand being concerned but if Eli doesn't throw three interceptions, this game is probably a blow out. I'm not blaming Eli, I'm just saying it would have been a very different game.

You're right, there are some serious concerns, but some of it is injury related more than anything else. I feel like Randle would be getting more reps if we didn't like to baby our wide outs.
I think he has a right to be. I am not happy as well. This team looks to be alseep still. Maybe they think the season has started yet. I think we are much better extending the field, and throwing deep. I hate the routes that across the middle like, digs, and square ins. That when you get guys dropping into those zones and trying to make a play.

Our defense once again is pitiful. Perry Fewell needs to do a much better job. How in the world do you put Tryon or Coe on Jackson inside the 30 yard line with no safety over the top??!?!??!?! Seriously?! What do you expect the end result to be? A TD! Freeman and probably the whole offensive staff upstairs must have had their eyes lite up when they saw that 1 on 1 match up from upstairs.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, our defense is awful under Fewell. There's no doubt about that. Hopefully he goes back to basics again.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh yeah, our defense is awful under Fewell. There's no doubt about that. Hopefully he goes back to basics again.
That's the thing, the defense has been so up and down under him. Up on the road to the Sb win, and down almost all throughout the regular season, which is highlighted by the Philly collapse.

So what's his basics? Even I am not sure... 3 man rushes, and dropping Tuck in coverage? LOL. 3 safety look again? My point is I am not sure what's basics for him. I am just not a fan of him as a DC.

So far under Coughlin, Spags was the only guy I had confidence in. Everyone else from Lewis, Sheridan, and Fewell, I had zero confidence in!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That's the thing, the defense has been so up and down under him. Up on the road to the Sb win, and down almost all throughout the regular season, which is highlighted by the Philly collapse.

So what's his basics? Even I am not sure... 3 man rushes, and dropping Tuck in coverage? LOL. 3 safety look again? My point is I am not sure what's basics for him. I am just not a fan of him as a DC.

So far under Coughlin, Spags was the only guy I had confidence in. Everyone else from Lewis, Sheridan, and Fewell, I had zero confidence in!
Well, when I say basics, I mean when he simplified the defense at the end of last year to include more man coverage and less complicated zone defense.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, when I say basics, I mean when he simplified the defense at the end of last year to include more man coverage and less complicated zone defense.
But that was when his job was possibly on the line. This was after the redskins loss, and before the Jets game. This is where the Fewell job security issue was a hot topic. That's when he adjusted.

Granted we have had injuries, but some of his ideas don't make sense. Like I said before, putting a Tyron/Coe on Jackson with no help over the top is a bone headed move!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some very concerning things but I'm far from worried. Barden was open a few plays yesterday and Eli never went that way.

To all the fans booing at halftime, go **** yourselves.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I despise Perry Fewell as much as the next guy, but honestly guys, these issues aren't his fault. What is he supposed to do? If he blitzes, Tyron and Coe are 1 on 1 with someone and they'll both get smoked.

If he plays man? They both get smoked. If he plays zone? Our defense isn't good at zone and guess what? Whatever zone they're covering will be open.

So what is he supposed to do? I admit, I'm not a fan of most of his gameplans, but the point remains, when you have 2 turds in coverage there really isn't much you can do. What can he do?

Nothing will work. And he's tried it all. And none of it works. You know when this defense will get better? When those 2 are not in the starting lineup. That's when.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Hosley on the field at all on D?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the defensive woes are the unexplainable lack of pass rush, the injuries at corner and the usual one bad angle/getting there late per game from Rolle
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that and let's not forget VJax is the one guy who ALWAYS torches Webster. Always. He's his nemesis
Quote:
Old 09-17-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm not ready to throw the D under the bus yet. We need to give it about 6 games before we start to get a read on everything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not ready to throw the D under the bus yet. We need to give it about 6 games before we start to get a read on everything.
I agree, especially when most of the Bucs' points were straight off turnovers and big plays to VJax. I'd REALLY like for the pass rush to step up though.

The lack of a 3rd guy emerging is scaring me. Martellus right now is our 3rd receiving threat and that's kind of terrifying
Quote:
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been able to break down either Giants game this season yet. Just wasn't able to DVR either game so I can't tell what's exactly the problem yet. But my guess is that they're max protecting a lot, and chipping a lot which is slowing down our rush, and Fewell is afraid to counter that with blitzes bc he doesn't trust his backend coverage to hold up. That's just a guess on my part.

Fwiw, Fewell is an awful blitzer. I hate his blitz packages. He rarely ever brings A gap pressure. He's always coming off an edge. What made Spags so effective was he came from a school of thought that emphasized A gap pressure. And it worked perfectly for us because our DEs are good enough to always bring that edge pressure, so when you design blitz packages to penetrate the middle, combined with our edge pressure from our Ends, we had very effective pass rush.

Fewell tries to create interior pressure by taking our best Edge rusher in JPP and putting him in the middle, which negates half of what makes him so dominant (speed to burn the edge). Tuck is the best interior pass rusher but he doesn't use him enough in this role whereas Spags used him in that role a ton.

Fewell just isn't a good coach. But to be fair, I don't know how much of our issues are his fault right now. Right now we're just not making plays, and I think it's more of a talent/injury issue than a X and O issue.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I also thought Tryon played that ball pretty well on the Williams TD but it was just a great catch. There isn't much you can do with a height disadvatange.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The game was over and we'd taken a knee.
**** that. You play until the final whistle. I hate the "victory formation."

This is why the Bucs did what they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jQz4BFbgARI
Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
**** that. You play until the final whistle. I hate the "victory formation."

This is why the Bucs did what they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jQz4BFbgARI
When have you ever seen that work in the NFL?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When have you ever seen that work in the NFL?
Right... Just because it has never worked in an NFL game means it's never going to work ever.

In case you've forgotten, games in the NFL have been decided by last second fumbles before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ML1Ixd3jiGU
Old 09-17-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that's why you have the kneel now. The Bucs players themselves didn't seem too happy about doing it. So thats all the info you need in my opinion.

If it was common practice and the offense was actually prepared for it, it would be one thing. But diving at the O-line's legs like that was pretty weak. That's just not a contested play in the NFL. Never has been and probably never will be.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't usually celebrate injuries, but I'm going to laugh when the bucs have someone get hurt because another team decides they're going to pray for a miracle against them instead of just letting them kneel down. Carl Nicks isn't an important part of the team right?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I just didn't like Schiano's explanation of it. He said that the team fights for 60 minutes and so on.

Before half time, we were on our 8 yard line while the Bucs had a 11 point lead. Why didn't they do that then? That would make the most sense if one buys that BS. If they somehow score, they go into half time with a 18 point lead instead of a 11 point lead.

You talk about playing hard and fighting all game, yet you let us score. Yeah it's a strategic move to get the ball back. But that's basically saying our defense can't stop you NOR can it force a turnover. We had a rb who never played in a real game, and yet they didn't feel confident to stop him or cause a turnover.

YET, when the game is basically done they decide to pull that thing on a kneel down. It's not going to work first off, but if the logic is fight all game for 60 minutes, then do that when we are on our 8 yard line! Be consistent at least. Was it because they had the lead? Now they are losing so take your frustration out on us that way?

It's not an illegal move by any means, but I hated Schiano's logic behind that.