Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are the Rams going to do?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So what are the Rams going to do?
Promote Dave McGinnis if I had to guess.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Promote Dave McGinnis if I had to guess.
Actually, that was the consensus opinion at first but Fish has since intimated that most likely no one will be hired to replace Williams and the DC job will be handled by the existing defensive coaches like Cecil, McGinnis and Fish himself.

Not sure if I like the sound of this but it is what it is and it's not like the Rams have a lot of options at this point.

Dang! Why didn't Gregg Williams work for New England...he would have gotten a fine and maybe 3 or 4 games at max.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Dang! Why didn't Gregg Williams work for New England...he would have gotten a fine and maybe 3 or 4 games at max.
BB wouldn't have let the bounty system fly, after spygate. If he had, the punishment would have been worse. I remember it being reported that Goodell told Belichick that he's getting a lifetime ban if he screws up again.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read that Shaun Herock (son of Al Davis confidant Ken Herock) has left the Packers to take the job as Director of College Scouting in Oakland. I predicted that move back in February. That's a good hire for Oakland. He's a great scout, he comes from a football family, and he was pretty much born a Raider.

In somewhat related news, Eliot Wolf (son of Al Davis confidant Ron Wolf) is staying in Green Bay and being promoted to Director of Football Operations (Reggie McKenzie's old position).

The Packers and Raiders have a pretty tangled web going on here...

Last edited by WCH : 05-05-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That often happens when front office guys jump ship like that. I was surprised when you didn't lose any major coaches. You should be thankful they went for Allen instead of any Packers.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
That often happens when front office guys jump ship like that. I was surprised when you didn't lose any major coaches. You should be thankful they went for Allen instead of any Packers.
Yeah, I thought for sure that Winston Moss and Darren Perry (he developed Charlie Peprah into a decent safety!) were going to follow McKenzie to Oakland.

Keeping Wolf is the biggie though. He's their heir apparent to Thompson. If somebody makes him an offer he can't refuse, then GB is going to be stuck with hiring somebody like Schneider after Seattle pulls the plug on the Carroll experiment.

Last edited by WCH : 05-05-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Winston pretty bad lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't get how Zimmer hasn't gotten a chance yet.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still don't get how Zimmer hasn't gotten a chance yet.
What was the story with him and the Dolphins again? He was too honest?
Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yea some stupid **** like that. The Dolphins would **** that up.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yup.

I'm starting to think Zimmer could be another Leslie Frazier type of candidate though. Great DC, not so great HC. There has to be a reason why this guy doesn't get the job after so many interviews.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yup.

I'm starting to think Zimmer could be another Leslie Frazier type of candidate though. Great DC, not so great HC. There has to be a reason why this guy doesn't get the job after so many interviews.
If you're going to mention Frazier, you may as well mention Lovie Smith too. He does things that drive me nuts (challenge/timeout management) but he's another soft spoken, seemingly "honest" defensive coach who has done pretty well. He's probably in the top 1/3 of successful head coaches in the league since he got the job.

But I don't think Zimmer fits that bill. I think when they talk about him being too "honest," the worry was the he could be another Rex Ryan type where he just says whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup.

I don't think I agree with either one of those for Frazier. He hasn't underachieved, the Vikings have a crappy team. He's not the problem there.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
If you're going to mention Frazier, you may as well mention Lovie Smith too. He does things that drive me nuts (challenge/timeout management) but he's another soft spoken, seemingly "honest" defensive coach who has done pretty well. He's probably in the top 1/3 of successful head coaches in the league since he got the job.

But I don't think Zimmer fits that bill. I think when they talk about him being too "honest," the worry was the he could be another Rex Ryan type where he just says whatever he wants, whenever he wants.
Yeah, Lovie really sucks at that stuff. That's his achilles heel, but he makes up for it in other areas. Chicago's defense might be the best in the league at preparation and execution. It's also hard to argue with his two NFCCG appearances and a Super Bowl appearance.

If the Bears ever do fire him, I don't think it'll take him very long to find another HC gig. There aren't many established coaches who can match his resume.

Last edited by WCH : 05-14-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw this... (it's probably been posted but it's still too funny)

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...38501838749697

edit: I really don't know who you could blame in the organization, but frankly... someone needs to be fired for hard knocks.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford's David Shaw is going to get a chance to coach an NFL team next year isn't he?

Also Ray Horton(Cardinals DC), Rob Chudzinkski(Panthers OC), Jim Tomsula(Niners DL Coach), Jay Gruden(Bengals OC), Winston Moss(Packers Asst. HC), some retreads like Hue Jackson, Steve Spagnulouo and the inevitable Chip Kelly, John Gruden, Bill Cowher rumors.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Stanford's David Shaw is going to get a chance to coach an NFL team next year isn't he?

Also Ray Horton(Cardinals DC), Rob Chudzinkski(Panthers OC), Jim Tomsula(Niners DL Coach), Jay Gruden(Bengals OC), Winston Moss(Packers Asst. HC), some retreads like Hue Jackson, Steve Spagnulouo and the inevitable Chip Kelly, John Gruden, Bill Cowher rumors.
After agreeing to a deal and then backing out (ala Billy Donovan to the NBA), he won't get another sniff.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
After agreeing to a deal and then backing out (ala Billy Donovan to the NBA), he won't get another sniff.

I'll add another to your list in Mike Zimmer. Got interviewed a few times last year but no takers. As long as the Bengals defense doesn't completely **** the bed this year, I think he'll eventually get a head job somewhere.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance Todd Haley resurfaces? One bad year due to an injury riddled season, IMO, think was kind of a raw deal.

Hue Jackson will resurface.

Jay Gruden? Nah. Can't really see it.

The one guy I do think that is a wild-card is Tom Clements, OC from GB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll add another to your list in Mike Zimmer. Got interviewed a few times last year but no takers. As long as the Bengals defense doesn't completely **** the bed this year, I think he'll eventually get a head job somewhere.
Ugh. I dont even blame Zimmer right now.
Without Dunlap out pass rush is non-existent.
We dont get any push.

He is a good coach who is usually get results from other peoples trash.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Any chance Todd Haley resurfaces? One bad year due to an injury riddled season, IMO, think was kind of a raw deal.

Hue Jackson will resurface.

Jay Gruden? Nah. Can't really see it.

The one guy I do think that is a wild-card is Tom Clements, OC from GB.
And you never will..

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
And you never will..

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is gonna hire Ray Horton as their HC next year?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Who is gonna hire Ray Horton as their HC next year?
I would. Ray Horton is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote