Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
For anyone who saw the pilot of Revolution, is it explained why guns don't work? I mean the central force at work is ******* fire, I don't see why that would no longer work.
They do work. They just said it was illegal to own one. Not that they didn't work.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@LarryFitzgerald
Big win 4 the @Cardinals 2day what a nail bitter. Even more exciting 2nite HBO season 3 of Board Walk Empire can't wait to get home 2 c it.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
They do work. They just said it was illegal to own one. Not that they didn't work.
Oh OK, I was assuming that since everyone was walking around with swords in the previews that guns were affected as well.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They did a great job wrapping Weeds up last night. A part of me still feels Nancy shouldn't have survived this show, but the way they did it makes me ok with it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still watching Weeds in its 8th season...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea Weeds was still on. I stopped watching after the 2nd season.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who is on TV this week? Ron "*******" Swanson that's who.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally watched the Revolution pilot. I liked it a lot. Excited for this new show.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missed the Revolution pilot will download it today. Sounds like it was a good one ?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked it but I'm also a sucker for those kinds of shows. I remember a couple other people mentioned they thought it was decent a few pages back. Similar to many other shows recently that started promising but ended up quickly devolving into unwatchable. We'll see though!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed it as well. I'm interested to see how it goes down.

I also sort of liked Last Resort. Maybe that's just me though.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could never watch a show called Last Resort because it would make me think of that terrible Papa Roach song. Thanks for getting that stuck in my head btw.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I finally watched the Revolution pilot. I liked it a lot. Excited for this new show.
It debuted to big ratings (for NBC) Over 11 million.

But having seen the pilot episode, I don't think it's gonna last beyond one season. It just strikes me as having all the same problems that FlashForward, The Event, etc. had.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm definitely looking forward to "Last Resort" though. That show could have legs.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish that Jurassic park show with the badass from Avatar didn't get cancelled.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Navy man and someone who trained on nuclear powered subs, I am VERY intrigued by Last Resort. A rogue ballistic missle submarine scares me more than any threat from any country.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I wish that Jurassic park show with the badass from Avatar didn't get cancelled.
Me too man, me too. Apparently they tried to sell it to another network but nobody bought it. It was too expensive to make :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alphas was freaking sweet this week. I love me some Kat.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Revolution, I didn't love it. And this is not the kind of show that will generally last in primetime. I will keep watching though because I think it could get better, but I would be surprised if it didn't bleed viewers from week 1 to 2.

It does have a good (ratings wise) lead in though, so maybe the bleeding will be minimal. The biggest issue was that it didn't go up against full competition, but it will next week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I liked Revolution, I didn't love it. And this is not the kind of show that will generally last in primetime. I will keep watching though because I think it could get better, but I would be surprised if it didn't bleed viewers from week 1 to 2.

It does have a good (ratings wise) lead in though, so maybe the bleeding will be minimal. The biggest issue was that it didn't go up against full competition, but it will next week.

Castle and Hawaii 5-0 vs Revolution for Monday 10 pm slot. Not good news.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I enjoyed Terra Nova but it isn't a show that I really miss all that much. It was entertaining and the characters were solid but at the end of the day it was just okay for me.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Castle and Hawaii 5-0 vs Revolution for Monday 10 pm slot. Not good news.
Yeah. Revolution went up against a Hawaii 5-0 rerun last night. H5-0 and Castle aren't ratings juggernauts, but they'll definitely eat into viewers. And a lot of those people who watched the pilot were tuning in to see what the show was about. I'm not sure what number NBC wants to hit as far as retention goes, but I'm not sure they can do it against a full slate of new shows.

We'll see though! I love this time of year.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re-Watching episodes of Happy Endings. My how I've missed this show.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Me too man, me too. Apparently they tried to sell it to another network but nobody bought it. It was too expensive to make :-(
While that makes sense, I'm still disappoint. Not only did it have the badass old dude, time travel and dinosaurs, it actually wasn't bad and stopped being too lost-y with the questions answered by more questions as it went on. Really thought a second season had some awesome potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I enjoyed Terra Nova but it isn't a show that I really miss all that much. It was entertaining and the characters were solid but at the end of the day it was just okay for me.
It's more the potential I miss than the actual show. The first season wasn't special, but it was fun, grew stronger as it went along and was setting up what could've been an epic second season.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Re-Watching episodes of Happy Endings. My how I've missed this show.
I watched that entire series again and just finished re-watching the 4th season of Parks and Rec. So excited for Thursday!

Quote:
While that makes sense, I'm still disappoint. Not only did it have the badass old dude, time travel and dinosaurs, it actually wasn't bad and stopped being too lost-y with the questions answered by more questions as it went on. Really thought a second season had some awesome potential.
I remember reading a rumor that Netflix was possibly interested in renewing it and airing a second season, but I think it was too expensive. Or that rumor was bogus from the start.