Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The poor coverage could be a factor in a lack of pass rush too. With Tryon and Coe out there, they have very little time to get to the QB. Tuck started off slow last season because of injuries. Is he hurt at all? It's just very odd. I mean, we did face some good offensive lines so that could factor in too.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys O-Line blows chunks. It's a little better than ours because of Tryon but JPP abused him that game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got good pressure against the Cowboys though. We just couldn't cover, and Romo did a great job of evading pressure.

And we couldn't wrap up.

Osi has been the disappointing one. He was completely owned by Smith in Dallas, and Penn owned him too.

Tuck was good but not great vs Dallas, and mediocre vs Tampa.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup Osi has dissapeared the first two games. I think he'll come up with a big sack or two Thursday though. Maybe the lack of time will let the coaching staff come in with simplified game plans that will just let our talent take over.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he just went up against 2 LTs who have the skillsets to shut him out. And I think Gross will give him fits too.

What I hate is, when Osi comes on the field, we move JPP. JPP's best spot is RE, by far. So we are impacting our best pass rusher by bringing Osi in at RE.

I'd rather put Osi at LE, keep JPP at RE all the time, and slide Tuck in at UT when all 3 are on the field. But that's only on obvious pass plays.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defensive issues do concern me.

Our pads rush should be getting more pressure. Sure teams seem to be scheming well with blocking against our DEs, but where is the change up?

Our secondary is a concern, sure we have had injuries at corner, but why don't we adjust our secondary and bring our safeties up a little more to help our corners a bit more?

Our biggest problem in my opinion is that Fewell doesn't seem to adapt well with his schemes.

I guess you can argue some of the same with Gilbride, but it is hard to argue against the potency of our passing game.

As far as tackling goes, it is an area we need to improve. I guess the limited practices in camp didn't help
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched an interview with Perry Fewell on Giants.com now. He said that he will bring the corners closer to the LOS, as in play more press man, to counter the three-step drops we've seen from our opponents to contain our pass rush. That's good news, I think(if he follows through). One of the main problems with our secondary, especially in week one, was the lack of press coverage. Ogletree killed us on the slants, and Vincent Jackson also burned us a couple of times on free releases last game.

He also said that he's considering using a QB spy against Cam and Vick in the two next games, "if it's necessary". What do you guys think? Is that a good solution? And who would play the spy in that case? We need someone fast, who is also a good tackler. Boley? Jaquain Williams? Rivers, if healthy?

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we see a lot of that trio with the upcoming games against cam and vick. they're both quite fast and will make a big difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id like to see Tuck moved inside for these games, or at least against the eagles because Kelce is going to be out. This allows for us to play Kiwi/Osi at end in rotation. A lighter front seems better against the eagles with how their offense is, you need penetration against vick and mccoy.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Take what Fewell says with a grain of salt. Usually coordinators don't tell the media what they are going to do on defense.

But even if he did make that adjustment, it wouldn't matter. Because our DBs are getting beat in both zone and press man. In fact, most of the big plays we gave up were against press man coverage. So it's not a scheme problem. It's a player problem. (At least on the back end).

We need our DBs to get healthy. And when Prince and Hosely do see the field, they need to play well. Bottom line. And we have to hope Corey picks it up. Because he hasn't played well.

In regards to the front 7, we need our LBs to be more aggressive and make more tackles, and we need to adjust how we attack gaps with our front.

Out of all our issues on defense, our front is the only issue I have with Fewell right now. But the rest of the issues are player issues. The players have to play better, bottomline. It's not always coaching.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hosley played 50 snaps last week which I had no idea. Fewell said he was very good besides a play or two. The problem is we have him in the slot most of the time and we're getting eaten alive on the edges right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have no idea why but I have a really good feeling about the game tomorrow night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hosley looks like he can be a stellar slot guy. We need Prince to come back, be healthy and play like the first rounder he is. It's a solid group of guys when healthy and playing up to their ability
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw really needs to go. He is awful.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I have to go back and watch the games over again. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of information right now.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have to go back and watch the games over again. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of information right now.
I forgot to DVR this game but I had no idea Hosley played that much. Very good sign for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I forgot to DVR this game but I had no idea Hosley played that much. Very good sign for us.
Would it shock you if he leapfrogs Prince?

I'm starting to think they're not thrilled with Prince so far.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It depends on how much they want to leave him in the slot. If they think he can move outside then yes I think he eventually jumps Prince. I think I even said that a few months ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys have access to all 22 tape? it's included in the stream package i bought on NFL.com, and its awesome! going to watch the bucs game again now in all 22 camera mode.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Maybe vs 3 WR sets he covers the slot but against 2 WRs he is on the edge. With Prince coming in to defend the edges vs 3 WRs. I can see that happening.

I'm hoping Prince can become an anchor on one side though. The potential is there, he just has to get it together. Too many injuries. I don't ever see Prince being a lockdown CB though. I can see him as a solid #2 like Aaron Ross was, but I think that's his ceiling. His ceiling is Ross.

We need to draft another CB to replace Web as our lockdown guy.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince reminded me so much of Webster at Nebraska, even with the injuries I think that's the player he'll become for us. Granted he needs to stay healthy for that to happen, but so far he hasn't had anything that makes me worry about his career the way TT's knees have ended his, plus he came on strong to end the season last year. I think we just need to see him healthy and comfortable and we'll all be reminded of why he was so highly touted coming out.

I do like Hosley a lot to though, and think he and Prince could form a very good tandem on the outside once Cweb's gone, but it's Prince who I think will be the better lockdown guy who we rely on to quiet the other team's top receiver.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Do you guys have access to all 22 tape? it's included in the stream package i bought on NFL.com, and its awesome! going to watch the bucs game again now in all 22 camera mode.
I was going to buy it but I never did. I didn't know if I'd really spend the time to watch each game more than once.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Maybe vs 3 WR sets he covers the slot but against 2 WRs he is on the edge. With Prince coming in to defend the edges vs 3 WRs. I can see that happening.

I'm hoping Prince can become an anchor on one side though. The potential is there, he just has to get it together. Too many injuries. I don't ever see Prince being a lockdown CB though. I can see him as a solid #2 like Aaron Ross was, but I think that's his ceiling. His ceiling is Ross.

We need to draft another CB to replace Web as our lockdown guy.
This is exactly how I would play it. Let's hope Prince is back tomorrow night and then we can morph into playing our coverage this way against the Eagles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

I thought i could try to do a write-up on the game for you guys. I'm watching all 22 camera on this. If you want me to watch for something specific, or watch a specific play, let me know. I am by no means an expert, like BBD or NYG, but I'll try to put into words the things I notice.

If you guys find this interesting, I'll do the rest of the game later tonight. This is only the first Quarter.

First offensive drive:

Good drive from the Giants, highlighted with a long Nicks catch on Talib in man coverage. Drive stalled with a bradshaw run on first down, where he danced instead of hitting a pretty good hold between Baas and Snee, followed up by incomplete passes to Wilson and Nicks. Wilson dropped his pass, and Talib defended good on the third down pass. Field goal, 3-0 Giants

First defensive drive:

After a run, and a pass to Mike Williams for a first down, Josh Freeman throws deep against Corey Webster and hits Vincent Jackson for a long gain. Looks to be a cover 1 with Antrel Rolle as the single high safety. Rolle is late to help despite no other recievers in his area. Webster got beat to the outside by Jackson. Drive stalls after a failed WR screen, a run for no gain, and a HB slip screen, in which we have shoddy tackling, but Linval Joseph comes from behind and makes the tackle after a gain of two. FG good, 3-3

Second offensive drive:

Good passes from Eli to Cruz (one in zone, one in man coverage), as well as a 12 yd run by bradshaw with great blocking gets us into the redzone. Hixon gets injured on the slant he catches vs zone coverage. on first and goal after the Hixon injury, Eli completely misses Bradshaw open in the endzone on a flat route, and throws the ball to Beatty(!) who had run a drag route as the eligible reciever. First mistake by Eli, you can see him eyeing Bradshaw, but unfortunately, he turns to Beatty just moments before Bradshaw is uncovered.

2nd and goal, Bradshaw gets stuffed after a gain of one, not his fault. Nowhere to go. Diehl injured. Then Beatty has a false start, making it 3rd and goal at the 6. They were going to run off left guard, it looks like. on 3rd and goal, Manning throws an incomplete pass to Bennett in the endzone. Bennett dropped the pass. Manning also could have stood in there for much longer, as TB only rushed three. But the pass was on the money. Bennett just dropped it. FG good.

Giants 6-3 Bucs

Second defensive drive:

Osi breaks contain on an end around to give the Bucs a first down. Luckily, Boley makes a great play and forces Williams out of bounds. then, after a 17 yd catch for V.Jackson against Hosley, he beats Webster deep again on the same play as the first drive. The Giants roll from a cover 2 look into a single high safety late, and Antrel Rolle has no chance to support Webster. But the ball is overthrown, and that saved a surefire TD.

on 2nd down, Blackburn has his sack on an A gap blitz, in which there was no blocker in the area. Free sack for the Giants. Their drive stalls at midfield after a DJ Ware 6 yd gain on the draw. Tuck makes the tackle. End of the first Quarter.

Observations:

- Run blocking was not good all first Quarter. The one time it worked, Bradshaw went for 12 yds.

- Pass offense was very good in the first Q, but we stalled in the redzone in our two trips, due to an error by Eli, and a drop by Bennett.

- Good run defense all first Quarter. But Chase Blackburn gets washed up in the run game way to often. We are saved by the last available defender a couple of times.

- Webster in man coverage, and Rolle as the single high safety is not a good combination. We got beaten badly two times in this look by Vincent Jackson.

All in all a good Quarter. We should have had at least one TD. But we easily could have allowed one to Jackson as well.

Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Awesome work Norwegian. I would definitely read breakdowns like that.

As for tomorrow:
Bradshaw, Diehl, Hixon, Ojomo - OUT
Nicks, Coe - QUESTIONABLE
Prince, Rivers, Scott - PROBABLE

sig by BoneKrusher