Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default It appears we've found...

A QUARTERBACK!

Don't care if it's vanilla coverages. His accuracy isn't bad (could be better), his height is NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL, and his poise is uncanny for a rookie.

I love his athleticism, and his decision-making has been great thus far. His arm is fantastic, release is good, and he can make tight throws.

If he plays as well as he can as a rookie, and they can lean on the rushing attack, they could be an ELITE NFL TEAM. This is not homerism. With an elite defense, very good rushing attack, and a QB who can rush for yards and hit a sloppy but talented mish-mosh of proven receivers, this team can get all the bounces, go 8-0 or 7-1 at home and win 12 games.

GAHHHHHH
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Admittedly that was the most vanilla I've ever seen RAC run his scheme, but you've gotta like what you saw out of Wilson last night. He looked calm in the pocket and went through his progressions well. Our defense is our strong suit and he made us look like chumps.

Don't listen to what anyone else says. Feel ******* fantastic about him going forward. I would if he was a Chief.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure about "elite" (that word gets tossed around a lot) in his rookie season but, as a 49ers fan, I'm definitely more worried about having to face Wilson than I am Flynn. I think Wilson will be a very good NFL QB. I like the roster you guys are putting together. Getting better receiving targets will be a top priority going forward I assume?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well. This may end up as the worst thread ever.

**** preseason.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Well. This may end up as the worst thread ever.

**** preseason.
gpngc....sheesh, man are you giving up on him already? Don't forget that that Arizona defense is pretty stout, especially in their dome. Also, their were at least two balls that should have been caught. One by Baldwin and the other by Edwards.

Man, I can't believe I am consoling a ****** Hawks fan....Oh, the irony of it all!!!!

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I got neg repped for my comment in this thread. After 1 game? Step back from the ledge.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
gpngc....sheesh, man are you giving up on him already? Don't forget that that Arizona defense is pretty stout, especially in their dome. Also, their were at least two balls that should have been caught. One by Baldwin and the other by Edwards.

Man, I can't believe I am consoling a ****** Hawks fan....Oh, the irony of it all!!!!

WHAT SAY YE?
I'm not giving up on anything.

I'm simply evaluating his performance. It wasn't good. Even if Braylon catches the last one, Wilson's performance simply wasn't good.

I'd be 100% in on him if our team sucked around him and we were just playing out the year.

But in fact, our defense is elite, and our special teams and running game are above average. With a competent, Andy Dalton-ish passing attack, we're a legitimate playoff contender.

We aren't if Wilson plays like he did yesterday. Yes, it was good enough to beat Arizona, but Arizona failed to score a TD from the 5 and in like three times yesterday.

He has to play better or he has to sit.

If we're 1-6, go ahead and play him.

But now, all we need is COMPETENT play at that position. Flynn might give us that if Wilson can't.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Yesterday looked a little better, eh SolidGold?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Yesterday looked a little better, eh SolidGold?
He played better - he was an effective game manager...ill add rep to you sir.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why you would neg rep him in the first place is beyond my imagination.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Much better this week obviously.

I still would like to see him run more and run with conviction. Clearly the coaching staff has advised him to run away from getting hit but it's costing the team yards...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Why you would neg rep him in the first place is beyond my imagination.
I don't really see Wilson being anything more than a game manager so I disagree with him. The Seahawks have a strong defense and running game all Wilson needs to do is move the chains. They also have some good receivers in place. I admit I overreacted and I will throw +++rep his way once I am able to give him rep.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I don't really see Wilson being anything more than a game manager so I disagree with him. The Seahawks have a strong defense and running game all Wilson needs to do is move the chains. They also have some good receivers in place. I admit I overreacted and I will throw +++rep his way once I am able to give him rep.
I took care of it for you.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Ha. Thanks Borat. I don't care about the whole rep system here, I was just surprised by the response after 1 game. Especially from a rookie. I said I think he'll be a very good QB and I said that I'm more afraid of him then I am of Flynn as a 49ers fan. I stick by those statements. If you want to find a good reason to neg rep me find my post about the Titans winning the AFC South this year and Chris Johnson having more rushing yards than Arian Foster (!). I think I said that anyways... lol. I deserve some neg rep for that **** right there. :)
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
thanks i threw some more his way there boss
Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So did that MNF game seal the deal for you guys?

Even though he did shout the wrong play at the end.... IT WORKED!
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow nobody here in almost a month?
Sad.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow nobody here in almost a month?
Sad.
They're all out buying Russell Wilson jerseys.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's playing well lately. I don't often try to call things, but this week at home vs. Minnesota feels like it could be a big win for Seattle. Might be the biggest offensive game of the year. Marshawn Lynch is a better version of Doug Martin and I think Russell Wilson is probably about as good as Josh Freeman.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

All you can ask for from a young player is improvement and he's certainly improved.

He's running more aggressively, his balls have more zip, and he actually has completed passes over the middle. I love his deep ball touch.

Still wish Bevell would let him have a game where he throws it a bunch... late vs. the NYJ would have been perfect time to practice.

But no complaints anymore from me. Wilson has shut me up all year. I love it.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Flllliippppp floopoppppppp. Wiiiiilllllsoooonn
Old 12-09-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys look good..... Great RB, good and smart QB.... solid WRs and TE.
Beasts at DB and OLB.....

This never gets old, especially from THIS viewpoint!

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The Bears catapulted them. We still have two home games left. A win next week and we're looking at possibly stealing the division...

Malcom Smith has been good instead of LeRoy Hill. And the OL is playing better.

And of course Wilson.

And DROY Wagner.

AHHHHHHHH.