Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
BeerBaron:

What are your thoughts concerning the Rams vs the Bears? Could be the contest of "The Most Futile Offensive Lines in the NFL" Bowl or something.

Seriously, these two teams may have the worst OLs in the league by a large margin. Will be interesting to see which QB makes it through the game and which is carried off on his shield.

Peppers against Wayne Hunter? This sounds just wrong and should be considered all but illegal. Of course, Robert Quinn v, JaMarcus Webb...heh...now that's more like it!!
The Bears should win this game, but I could see a lot of different outcomes. I could definitely see Chicago just destroying St. Louis by a couple of touchdowns. But just as easily, I could see the Rams defensive line making J'Marcus Weeb their *****. After watching them play Green Bay, I don't have any confidencs against a team with even an average pass rusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Chicago and Cincy are the 2 teams I've used so far to

I went the easy route and took the Niners for this week
San Francisco is another road team I would generally pick, but I don't like taking road teams. I might have to break that rule because otherwise, I'd be taking Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, I expect that both QBs will get hit a lot in this one. I like the Bears to win at home after a long layoff. In the past two seasons, the team was able to use its bye week to sure up the o-line a little bit after disastrous early season performances, so hopefully they were able to use this layoff as a mini-bye week of sorts.

Additionally, Cutler bounces back well from poor games:
I agree. The Bears are tough to beat in Chicago. But what about Forte? Is he going to play and, if not, what does this do to your chances?

IIRC it should be Michael Bush that replaces him. What do you think about his abilities in your offense?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top two picks, against teams i really like unfortunately:

Baltimore over New England. More problems for Brady and that offensive line.

Detroit over Tennessee. This one started as a pickem and is now the Lions -3. Are you kidding me. That Detroit front will destroy the Tennessee offensive line. How bad are they?, Chris Johnson is averaging 1.1 yards per carry. They might get creative and start using him in the passing game but i don't think it matters.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. The Bears are tough to beat in Chicago. But what about Forte? Is he going to play and, if not, what does this do to your chances?

IIRC it should be Michael Bush that replaces him. What do you think about his abilities in your offense?
Missing Forte will hurt because he's so versatile. (In past years, when he split out wide, he was our best receiver...)

But the drop off to Bush compared to last year's drop off to backup Khalil Bell won't be quite as bad. Bush doesn't have the complete tool set Forte does, but is a better and harder inside runner. We also resigned Bell this week and have Armando Allen as a change of pace/pass catching back as well.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Im gonna say that Bengals/Redskins tops 70 points combined. Toss up in a shootout.
WHERE THE **** HAVE THE SANU AND LEONARD TOUCHES BEEN?

it's really grinding my gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I'm expecting about 300 combined rushing yards and 4 combined interceptions from the Bills and Browns this week.
It's a Bills-Browns game. Guaranteed to be ugly. At least the weather isn't awful.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have trent and spiller in my big money league. clearly this is going to be a game where weeden and fitzmagic set records through the air
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i have trent and spiller in my big money league. clearly this is going to be a game where weeden and fitzmagic set records through the air
That's not even cool to joke about bro. I bet you make fun of crippled children and aids patients too, don't ya? For shame...
Old 09-19-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not even cool to joke about bro. I bet you make fun of crippled children and aids patients too, don't ya? For shame...
You're just jealous because our QB never gets touched.

The fact that he makes the throws he does despite that fact, well...
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Big 'ol list of tryouts from this week in case you're interested:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-chad-or-t-o/

For the lazy:
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"tight end Alex Silvestro"

makes me giggle a bit
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thursday night games all year long make me hate tuesday and wednesday
Old 09-19-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
WHERE THE **** HAVE THE SANU AND LEONARD TOUCHES BEEN?

it's really grinding my gears
Leonard has been mainly used as a blocking back.
He threw a key block that sprung Andrew Hawkins on his TD.

Sanu is getting reps on ST right now.
Binns has been good and so has Hawkins.
Not a lot of reps to go around right now.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool gif of Justin Smith causing havoc.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone tell me why Jake Scott is not getting any looks? Better yet, can anyone tell me with all of their OL problems why the Rams aren't looking at this guy?

Heck, Fish even has a history with him in Tenn.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Leonard has been mainly used as a blocking back.
He threw a key block that sprung Andrew Hawkins on his TD.

Sanu is getting reps on ST right now.
Binns has been good and so has Hawkins.
Not a lot of reps to go around right now.
got Leonard is so good and sexy.

And boo, Sanu will come around! He'll show you all

and man, it's weird to feel that the game's on tomorrow. Kinda rules
Quote:
Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
got Leonard is so good and sexy.

And boo, Sanu will come around! He'll show you all

and man, it's weird to feel that the game's on tomorrow. Kinda rules
ive long said that the leonard leap was the most electrifying move in modern sports lol
Old 09-19-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody is talking about Houston. They may be the best team in the AFC.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Nobody is talking about Houston. They may be the best team in the AFC.
We actually talked about them quite a bit on the last page.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

For the lazy:
Heaven forbid the Bears actually look at a ******* offensive lineman or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watt destroyed the Dolphins in week one. He pretty much won the game for them, being directly responsible for 2 INTs that led to their first two TDs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why Jake Scott is not getting any looks? Better yet, can anyone tell me with all of their OL problems why the Rams aren't looking at this guy?

Heck, Fish even has a history with him in Tenn.....
Because he is inept? The Titans have by far the worst interior line in the NFL and he was as bad as any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Watt destroyed the Dolphins in week one. He pretty much won the game for them, being directly responsible for 2 INTs that led to their first two TDs.
well he learned the snap count on hard knocks
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:

For the lazy:
damn i really thought tony hills was gonna be good, thought he was a legit franchise LT type of tackle. Him shredding up his knees were a damn shame because i think he could have been great. Didnt look terrible when they moved him to guard but apparently couldnt grasp the playbook. I think hed be a good zone blocking guard for some team at this point
Old 09-19-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

nicks now out against carolina. **** **** **** ****

Quote: