Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Marino had a funky arm angle too. Not comparing Bray to Marino, but like Scott said, it's a lot easier to get away with that at 6'6". And he "stands tall" in the pocket also.

Bray's an interesting dude because he'll make one throw and I think he's going to be a star, then he'll miss a throw for no apparent reason. Not really sure what to make of him at this point other than he should come back to school for another year. I still think someone makes him the #1 in 2014 though, simply because of his natural tools/talent.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
His 6'6 frame certainly helps right? I'd imagine if he was 6'2 it would be a bigger issue. Right?
Absolutely.
I kind of wish you answered with: "Right."
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I truly wasnt impressed with any of the trio of QBs i focused on yesterday: Bray, Barkely and Logan Thomas. As sometimes will have it you stumble on a real good one in the process and Jeff Driskel, soph, Florida has future high pick written all over him.
Well you kind of picked a bad weekend to focus on.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Florida/Tennessee game is not on until Tuesday here in the UK - so won't be until later in the week until I get to that. My write up from the season opener was:

Tyler Bray* QB Bray's stat line was clear on interceptions 27-41-333 yards and 2 TD's. He is tall, but looks to have a slighter frame than Glennon. Despite looking a little thin, he certainly has a big arm. He can make the 15-20 yard out route throw without a problem and had no issues on the deep ball. I also liked his touch, something not always the case for guys with big arms. He needs a little bit of work in a few areas. The main weakness I saw was that on occasion he dropped the ball down by his hip which caused his release to be slower and also leaves himself open to being stripped. A couple of times he was falling away as he delivered one was a deep post to Justin Hunter, which was on target but dropped but still, doing so will adversely affect his accuracy. Also a couple of times he seemed a little slow deciphering information he looked like he was going to throw, but held the ball a couple of extra beats and then delivered anyway I'd like to see him quicken that up. So, he has some tools but some things to work on and I think adding bulk as Sam Bradford did when he came out of Oklahoma will help his stock.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Dan Marino had a funky arm angle too. Not comparing Bray to Marino, but like Scott said, it's a lot easier to get away with that at 6'6". And he "stands tall" in the pocket also.

Bray's an interesting dude because he'll make one throw and I think he's going to be a star, then he'll miss a throw for no apparent reason. Not really sure what to make of him at this point other than he should come back to school for another year. I still think someone makes him the #1 in 2014 though, simply because of his natural tools/talent.
That's why Jamarcus Russell was a bust. No instincts, just a big arm with huge upside but lacked everything else.

Look, Bray has the big arm, but is wildly inconsistant. He hasn't stayed healthy and he flopped in a big game that wasn't Alabama or LSU.

I watched a lot of him last year and saw some flashes, but this is the year he should improve. Haven't seen it so far and I watched him closely against Florida.

Quite frankly, yes he has the upside, when you speak of talent wise. But I just don't see the instincts. He shows his emotions and hangs his head like Jay Cutler when things aren't going right.

If he declares, any intelligent GM doesn't touch him til the 3rd round.

Same with Logan Thomas
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Bray not "stayed healthy"?

His one injury in his career so far has been a broken thumb that happened when he hit it on the helmet of a defender on his follow through of a pass.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
How has Bray not "stayed healthy"?

His one injury in his career so far has been a broken thumb that happened when he hit it on the helmet of a defender on his follow through of a pass.
Him being hurt during the time of big games hasn't really shown enough to expose him or boost his draft stock.

I don't know if you're defending him or not. Does he have the upside, when it comes to physical tools? Yes.

I just don't like his instincts. Body language, from what I've seen, can get very negative and it's not like the Florida game was out of reach.

He's a huge risk in the 1st round, maybe even the 2nd.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just saying he's not injury prone. He's literally had one injury that could happen to any QB. When people say Bray is injury prone or can't stay healthy, they're just making up crap and proving they don't know what they're talking about.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'm just saying he's not injury prone. He's literally had one injury that could happen to any QB. When people say Bray is injury prone or can't stay healthy, they're just making up crap and proving they don't know what they're talking about.
Sorry my bad. Didn't know the extent to the injury history, or lack there of.

But one thing I'll stick to is the analysis. I find it histerical that many think Logan thomas and Tyler Bray are #1 overal pick type prospects. LOL they've showed potential firings if any GM dare makes that move.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't call him injury prone. I would call him an injury risk. He is 6'6" and barely 220. His frame should support at least 240 pounds. If not 250. He's 6'6", not 6'2".
Old 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt wanna start a new bray thread, but this isnt good for the draft stock

Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray never has been the type to go back and watch the video from season-ending games.

He decided the last 20 minutes of the Volunteers' loss to Florida deserved similar treatment.

Bray said after Tennessee's indoor practice Tuesday morning that he watched only the first half of a game the Vols led 20-13 before collapsing in the game's final 20 minutes.

He understands his position requires him to be a leader and acknowledges he stills has developing to do.

"They kept scoring," Bray said. "I get frustrated. Anybody's going to get down and feel like they've got to make that play.

"You've just got to make a play. You go from throwing bombs and running backs running great and linemen blocking great to no one's doing anything great. It can get frustrating."

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...looks-forward/

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure his delivery is nothing like Tebow and his deep ball is one of the best looking in the nation. He obviously needs to put on some weight and has some work to do but what qb prospect doesn't have question marks? I definitely think he should stay for his senior year though. If he were starting an NFL game this time next year I don't think it'd be pretty.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote