Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the anti-Reggie Bush argument.

The Saints aren't a vehicle to advance his career. They used him how they saw fit. And in fact, the role they carved out for him was so good that the offense was extremely successful when he was there and he contributed to a Super Bowl win.

And now he's running like a more traditional RB and somehow he's EVOLVED? Like he was a bad back in NO and now he's put in the work? No. That wasn't his role.

He always had the potential to be an all-purpose, featured back. The Saints just didn't need him to be that at that time, so he wasn't.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That list of drafted players is ******* insane.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a few guys that also made rosters as UDFAs
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sad story, i dunno what happened to Vince, the whole thing just fell apart for him.

And yea its crazy how many high picks and future NFL players there were in that rose bowl and how few of em lived up the hype.

Qb Vince Young - no. 3 pick, ROY, career fell of a cliff hard
QB Matt Leinart - no 7 pick, never became a good NFL Qb
HB Reggie Bush - no. 2 pick, good player but never lived up to the hype
S Michael Huff - no 6 pick, average starter at best
S Michael Griffin - turned out to be a good pro
WR Dwayne Jarret - total bust
HB Lendale White - total bust
HB Selvin Young - 1 good year then fell off
HB Jamaal Charles - had a couple damn good years, can he recover from injury?
WR Steve Smith - couple good years with NYG, but i dunno wtf happened to him he fell off
TE Fred Davis - solid starting TE
TE Dominique Byrd - didnt last long
TE David Thomas - solid backup TE
WR Limas Sweed - total bust
WR Quan Cosby - didnt do a whole lot, i think he was on the bengals
DT Frank Okam - bust
DE Tim Crowder- bust
S Darnell Bing - fell in the draft and then never made it w/ raiders
DE Frostee Rucker - turned out decent
DT Sedrick Ellis - solid player
G Justin Blalok - solid starter in ATL
DT Rodrique Wright - bust
DE Brian Robison - decent pass-rusher
CB Cedric Griffin - stayed in the nfl but never a good player
CB Tarrell Brown - playing solidly w/ the niners now, didnt do much before
C Ryan Kalil - excellent C
LT Sam Baker - adequate starting LT
DE Lawrence Jackson - bust
LB Brian Cushing - monster
LB Keith Rivers - good player
OG Deuce Lutui - meh

i mean goddamn!!! and those are all guys that started or played prominent roles on their team.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I hate the anti-Reggie Bush argument.

The Saints aren't a vehicle to advance his career. They used him how they saw fit. And in fact, the role they carved out for him was so good that the offense was extremely successful when he was there and he contributed to a Super Bowl win.

And now he's running like a more traditional RB and somehow he's EVOLVED? Like he was a bad back in NO and now he's put in the work? No. That wasn't his role.

He always had the potential to be an all-purpose, featured back. The Saints just didn't need him to be that at that time, so he wasn't.
So your telling me Bush has always be as good as he is now? Because its night and day how much better he is now between the tackles than before. Just at little things...showing patience, following blocks, a lot of nuisances of being a better back. Of course he wasn't bad back in NO, but NOBODY spends a top 5 pick on a 3rd down back/punt returner. If Bush is what the Saints envisioned a franchise back to be, Pierre Thomas doesn't carve out a significant role for himself and eventually becomes the starter, with Bush as the change-of-pace back-up. The fact is he's better. Nothing wrong with saying he's evolved to a every-down back. Sure he played a role....he had to, he was a high draft pick that flashed big play ability. But that's all he was early on. So they adjusted his role to fit his strengths at the time.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints wanted Bush to be what Darren Sproles is now. A scat back that can be used as a gadget player in the backfield and in the slot. I think he was a lot better than that but that's how te saints saw it.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always wondered what happens to guys in this situation. Do they end up getting a regular 9-5 job like the rest of us? Do they put game experience on a resume? "Ah I see Mr. Young that you were the 2006 Rose Bowl M.V.P. How can that be a benefit to our company?" Or will he just hang around Houston and not do anything? Maybe some local endorsements or advertisements?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I always wondered what happens to guys in this situation. Do they end up getting a regular 9-5 job like the rest of us? Do they put game experience on a resume? "Ah I see Mr. Young that you were the 2006 Rose Bowl M.V.P. How can that be a benefit to our company?" Or will he just hang around Houston and not do anything? Maybe some local endorsements or advertisements?
michael irvin should be in this situation, but he keeps hoaxing TV companies to give him jobs.

vince will probably try the arena league, his football skills are limited at this point, i doubt he has many other ones that could benefit society. maybe a texas high school coach lol
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
vince will probably try the arena league, his football skills are limited at this point, i doubt he has many other ones that could benefit society. maybe a texas high school coach lol
I don't think Vince Young will step anywhere close to any kind of school ever again for the rest of his life. Dude is dumb, and hates school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm, Bush has been this good for years. Just when we said it, you all thought we were lying homers. He's been like the second half of his rookie year really, whenever he was healthy. He was clearly underutilized, he hasn't changed as a player.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People. Michael Griffin is terrible. Please stop listing him as "good" in any way, shape, or form.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a perfect world Houston would have drafted Young and Tennessee Leinart. Regardless of whether or not they still would have busted they probably would have both got their fair opportunities on those respective teams.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's always weird to me when I see young players, especially QB's start with a good start to their career, then it plummets downward before you even know what happened. I still remember when Vince ran for that TD against Houston in Houston his rookie season. He even evolved as a really solid passer and his GW drives seemed more of the legit variety then fluke.

I get that he's dumb and immature, but his skills just looked like they started eroding like a 34 year old player. I'm also still surprised that so many athletes go bankrupt. Do they just make payments on everything or what? I mean, pay off your house and a few cars on your rookie contract immediately with your signing bonus, then those aren't going anywhere.

Seems like if you just paid off everything instead of buying **** on credit you wouldn't run into nearly as many problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or you know if you didn't buy multiple cars and houses than you would have more than enough left over to live comfortably the rest of your life. I'm aware that wont ever happen with super star players but I don't see how anyone could feel bad for guys like Vince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only reason i feel bad is because there are people that take advantage of their ignorance and their good nature. Kids like this need to surround themselves with good people, and due to the fear of looking like 'sell-outs', they don't They keep the same toxic leeches in their lives until they're dead broke.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
People. Michael Griffin is terrible. Please stop listing him as "good" in any way, shape, or form.
Yeah, there's only like, 3 good safeties in the league. Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, and Kam Chancellor.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I always said Cutler would be the best QB
Same here. Wanted the Jets to draft him after Ferguson.

Also.. Any1 know how many draft picks the 2003 fiesta bowl (Miami/tOSU) produced?

Sig by, Hitman D

Last edited by katnip : 09-24-2012 at 01:26 PM.
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote