Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final roster is out, here is our 53

QB (3): Peyton Manning, Caleb Hanie, Brock Osweiler
RB (4): Willis McGahee, Ronnie Hillman, Lance Ball, Knowshon Moreno
FB (1): Chris Gronkowski
WR (5): Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Andre Caldwell, Brandon Stokley, Matthew Willis
TE (3): Joel Dressen, Jacon Tamme, Julius Thomas
OT (3): Ryan Clady, Orlando Franklin, Chris Clark
OG (4): Chris Kuper, Zane Beadles, Manny Ramirez, C.J. Davis
C (2): J.D. Walton, Philip Blake

DE (4): Elvis Dumervil, Derek Wolfe, Robert Ayers, Malik Jackson
DT (4): Ty Warren, Justin Bannan, Kevin Vickerson Mitch Unrein
LB (7): Von Miller, Joe Mays, Wesley Woodyard, Keith Brooking, Steven Johnson, Danny Trevathan, Nate Irving
CB (5): Champ Bailey, Tracy Porty, Chris Harris, Omar Bolden, Tony Carter
S (5): Quinton Carter, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, Davis Bruton, Jim Leonhard

ST (3): Matt Prater, Briton Colquitt, Aaron Brewer

Suspended Reserve: D.J. Williams, Virgil Green
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda shocked we kept 3 QB, even more shocked it was Haine over Weber.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

Wolfe has been playing end in our base and kicking inside for nickle/dime packages.

Love keeping carter over squid/florence. I also like that we held onto steve johnson and trevathon.

Unfortunately we still have hanie, knowshon and old man brooking. Caleb hanie is garbo, jerimiah johnson was my least favorite cut, compound that with holding onto slowshon makes it that much worse. Keith brooking is ancient and pmuch useless at this point. Didn't like signing andre caldwell, then seeing him drop like five very catchable balls in the preseason further reinforced my disdain for him. Julius thomas has shown nothing, once green gets back from suspension I expect he'll take his spot (at least I hope)on the roster.

Just one dudes opinion.
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sooooo uhhhhh......

wow?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can figure out how to gt the defense off the field on third and long, we may be onto something.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 1 - Broncos 31, Steelers 19

Great win to start the season.

* The offense moved the ball pretty much at will. Manning was in full field general mode and made good use of his weapons. It's hard to be critical of anything on this side of the ball.

* Joe Mays either lights it up or looks like a fool. He doesn't seem to have any middle ground. Unfortunately, there was too much "fool" tonight.

* The defense could've easily had 4 picks if they held on to the ball. More focus, please. Giving Big Ben second chances is asking for trouble.

* The Porter/Champ combination looks very good... too bad the safeties aren't anywhere close to that level.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it would be great if we'd stop using linebackers to cover people they can't keep up with. i "can't wait" to watch joe mays try to cover gronkowski or jimmy graham.
This seems like it's been a problem since forever. DJ is fast, but can't cover worth ****. Woodyard is a little better, but he got schooled last night by the Steelers. Mays is a disaster. Miller has some potential, but it's almost a victory for the other team to have him in coverage instead of disrupting the play.

I will say this, though, Woodyard was a force in pursuit when he wasn't getting beaten in coverage. That's what you want from your WLB. DJ may have superior athletic ability, but instincts and football smarts count for a lot at LB.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
but yeah, if mays is still on the field, we have a serious and severe talent deficiency at LB. i love the guy, but he's just not very good. we really need one of the young guys to be able to run with a TE, or we need to quit putting linebackers on the field on third down.
I believe they put Adams on Heath Miller later in the game and it worked out better... the old big nickle. It would help if we had a better group of safeties, though.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This lack of a consistent pass rush is completely unacceptable with all of the talent on the d-line. It's mind-boggling. And I hope that's the final nail in Moreno's coffin.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
how bad must hillman be if he's inactive while garbage like moreno and ball are actually getting into games? just awesome.
Hillman's hammy + lack of experience in pass protect means they are going to be cautious about putting him on the field.

Quote:
and yes - the refs were ****.
They were.... I actually lost my mind watching the early part of the game and had to take a timeout. Not only did they fail to make the calls, but they proved unequal to the task of managing the game as a whole.

Quote:
they still didn't force peyton to throw those passes. they didn't force moreno to be the worst player of all time. and they didn't force del rio to shift into a zone with 15 yards of underneath padding on a crucial 3rd and 4.
And yet with all of that, we came back and made it interesting. I think that is the positive to take away from the game. There were times in the past when a few bad breaks early pretty much caused the team to give up (e.g. that debacle against the Raiders at home a few years back).
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

Agree with everything except there being no pass rush. We were getting consistent pressure against pitt week 1 but ben was ben. Monday was more atl calling a lot of quick pass plays, often with matty ice throwing with someone in his face.

Some things worth noting; walton and beadles have looked so much better thus far this season. Still not sold on either, but it's nice to see.

DT looks like hes peytons go to guy, despite nearly everyone thinking it'd be decker. I hope he can stay healthy the whole year.

Our dt rotation has looked great. Unrein has been a big surprise. Foster/tate are the real test though.

Rahim moore seems to be playing much more instinctive, it'd be nice to see him actually hang onto the ball for the pick just once though.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Manny looked terrible yesterday. If course he was goin up against probably the hottest defensive player in the league atm.

Mike adams had a bad day.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

rahim moore has been really solid so far this year. mike mostly up and down.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the dream makes me extremely nervous. Has some promise though.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

mike adams looked really good sunday against the raiders. then again, pmuch everyone wearing orange did. rahim hasn't made a lot of splash plays, but he no longer looks autistic out there.

i'm scared to see dan koppen against wilfork this week though.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i'm more scared to see gronkowski vs. our linebackers. and welker/edelman on short crossing routes.

peyton better be prepared to score 60.
This. The Patriots are a tough matchup for any back 7 and we lack the kind of interior pass rush needed to really get in Brady's grill. If all the pressure is coming from the outside, he'll step up and work the middle of the field all day long.

I wonder if we'll see Brooking start over Mays again, even with Mays now done his suspension. Against the Pats, I'd take brains and experience over the human cannonball act.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

i'd expect woodyard to be the primary coverage guy on gronk with safety help over the top. thank god hernandez is likely out (i think?).

i'd much rather see ayers start at DE with wolfe primarily playing UT, but del rio has been pretty god damn stubborn apparently.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Broncos/Patriots preview is up on NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20745

I'm pretty nervous about this game, mostly because of New England's lack of healthy receivers.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
My Broncos/Patriots preview is up on NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20745

I'm pretty nervous about this game, mostly because of New England's lack of healthy receivers.
and healthy TEs and S's.

Nalej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we can't cover anyone you decide to play at TE, i wouldn't worry about it. and we probably can't stop ridley.

so as long as the entire playbook doesn't consist of 'get woodhead the ball, whatever it takes' again, you'll probably be fine.
Come on, particulrly as a Broncos fan you should never under estimate the lunacy of Josh McDaniels

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happened to Nate Irving? I was a big fan of his coming out. But I haven't heard much from him at all so far in his NFL career.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also, i really want te'o. our linebackers are pathetic.
So I guess this indirectly answers my inquiry on Nate Irving...

I thought he was gonna be good too. Sucks. I was rooting for him.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
oops, sorry, i missed your post. apparently he's just not very good? i dunno. i haven't seen him play a down. which means, if he can't even beat out crap like mays he's probably not worth much.
It's tough to say with Fox. His biggest flaw is he's waaaaaay too loyal to his veterans.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Mays is at the top in terms of % of defensive snaps played. My read is that the team sees something in him that they are hoping will translate to the field... but it just ain't happening. He whiffs or guesses wrong way too often, and is a total liability on 3rd down. Brooking at MLB makes a lot more sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's tough to say with Fox. His biggest flaw is he's waaaaaay too loyal to his veterans.
Nate Irving is officially the backup to Von Miller at SLB. He actually flashed some stuff in preseason, but he's behind our most dynamic player on D - unless Von is totally gassed/hurt, Irving isn't going to see the field.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Mays is at the top in terms of % of defensive snaps played. My read is that the team sees something in him that they are hoping will translate to the field... but it just ain't happening. He whiffs or guesses wrong way too often, and is a total liability on 3rd down. Brooking at MLB makes a lot more sense to me.

Nate Irving is officially the backup to Von Miller at SLB. He actually flashed some stuff in preseason, but he's behind our most dynamic player on D - unless Von is totally gassed/hurt, Irving isn't going to see the field.
You guys need to go back to a 3-4 defense. You have the pieces for it, but the coaching staff isn't a 3-4 staff.

Play Von at SOLB, Dooms at WOLB, Irving at SILB in a role similar to Lawrence Timmons, and a speed WILB in an attacking 1 gap 34 front. The DT you guys drafted, I forgot his name, but he can easily play LE in a 1 gap 34.

You just need a 5 tech and NT. DJ can play WILB.

And some DBs.

I'm sure Jack uses a lot of over formations that are basically 34 looks anyway, but get Nate out there. I want to see what he can do in a thumper/attacking role inside next to Von.