Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They also beat Baltimore and a revived Philly at home and played SF to a very close game. With Tarvaris Jackson...
The Philly game was the Vince Young I don't belong to the NFL game. Baltimore I'll give you but that was one of Flacco's worst games. Missing Wide open receivers and he probably did more to lose that game than anything the Seahawks did. They have also lost to Josh Freeman and Andy Dalton as Rookies and almost to Matthew Stafford as a Rookie(the 2-14 Lions version). They are slightly above average at home but I'm not sure Qwest Field makes them some kind of great team.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
How did Vontaze Burfict look, Cincy fans?
i dont think he really made an impact. i think they need to play him in the middle and move maualuga to the strong side. (or switch to a 34 lol)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a successful game for Burfict when he doesn't get called for any personal fouls.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's a successful game for Burfict when he doesn't get called for any personal fouls.
For the entire game???

That just seems like totally unfair expectations.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-a-tall-tale/

Ray Horton: liar, moron, or both?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or, a GENIUS?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think he's on to something. I mean he was only wrong 21 times. I like those odds.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think he's on to something. I mean he was only wrong 21 times. I like those odds.
The Patriots ran 76 plays. So he was right 55 time. So he was right 72% of the time. That's a damn good completion percentage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i took another sack bet for tonights game o/u 4 sacks for the game. clearly took the over
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bucs re-signed Tiquan. Might as well lock up the NFC South for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i took another sack bet for tonights game o/u 4 sacks for the game. clearly took the over
I'm not sure I like that bet. In their two games this year, both teams have had an average of 3.5 sacks happen in the game. I don't think this bet is as much of a lock as last week's. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm not sure I like that bet. In their two games this year, both teams have had an average of 3.5 sacks happen in the game. I don't think this bet is as much of a lock as last week's. Good luck.
i went more conservative than i did in the packers/bears (which i won the over 4.5 in the first quarter)

but i figure manning is going to throw an awful lot and cam is going against a great pass rush that will probably get him a few times, especially if hes hesitant to run at all
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
bucs re-signed Tiquan. Might as well lock up the NFC South for them
After the games Nicks and Cruz had, they're still fine with McDonald and Talib being their starting CBs?
Old 09-20-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the best duo in the NFL so not sure how much they can take out of that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's the best duo in the NFL so not sure how much they can take out of that.
Ha, maybe. I like ATL and PITT though.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its really close between ATL and NYG.

I love Julio, always had a huge man crush on him since Alabama, but I don't love Roddy White I don't feel like he's a guy you can turn to in the 4th quarter to make clutch catches. They do have Julio so I guess that point is negated.

As a Giants fan I'll refrain from homerism, but Nicks and Cruz... they're good lol.

PIT is a far third for me.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Ha, maybe. I like ATL and PITT though.
id take wallace and brown over nicks and cruz, and id especially take wallace/brown/sanders over nicks/cruz/whoever the hell the play #3 (hixon/barden/randel)

and julio and roddy are the sex
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine if you pick ATL but I don't think Pitt is better. I think Nicks and Wallace are equal but I have Cruz over Brown. If you go to a 3rd WR then yes the Giants would then be out of the discussion. It's a good thing I said duo though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I think its really close between ATL and NYG.

I love Julio, always had a huge man crush on him since Alabama, but I don't love Roddy White I don't feel like he's a guy you can turn to in the 4th quarter to make clutch catches. They do have Julio so I guess that point is negated.

As a Giants fan I'll refrain from homerism, but Nicks and Cruz... they're good lol.

PIT is a far third for me.
Did you not watch the Falcons/Broncos game? Julio had 3 drops, while Roddy had 8 receptions.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm fine if you pick ATL but I don't think Pitt is better. I think Nicks and Wallace are equal but I have Cruz over Brown. If you go to a 3rd WR then yes the Giants would then be out of the discussion. It's a good thing I said duo though.
i think brown and cruz are in similar situations with the #1 guy taking a lot of pressure off them and getting them a lot of catches. Cruz does score more TDs but brown is extremely clutch in big moments and a nightmare on third down, ive seen cruz have the dropsies/bobbles quite a bit especially on shorter stuff. Totally preference, not really far off either way
Old 09-20-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
After the games Nicks and Cruz had, they're still fine with McDonald and Talib being their starting CBs?
McDonald will be gone once Biggers and Gaitor return. Real problem is Sheridan. Better make adjustments or the secondary is in for a long year.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting comparison I saw somewhere else,

QB A:

~1500/2500 (60%)
~16000-17000 yards
~6.6 Y/A
~100 TD
~65 INT
~82 QB rating
44-38 record as a starter
13 fourth quarter comebacks

Average team ranks:
Defense: 16th
Running Game: 16th

vs.

QB B:

1593/2793 (57%)
18644 yards
6.7 Y/A
125 TD
88 INT
79.2 QB Rating
50-37 record as a starter
13 fourth quarter comebacks

Average team ranks:
Defense: 18th
Running game: 8th

I know people here don't like comparing quarterbacks without knowing who they are, though given that I am posting it you likely know who one of them is. This is not my comparison originally, though I did expand upon it. But these two quarterbacks seem pretty similar to me.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-20-2012 at 01:17 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

something i thought was interesting was ponder is completing at a league high 76% with over 500 yards and 2 TDs no picks. hmmm
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ponder looked pretty good in the couple of games I saw him in last year. I haven't been able to watch him yet though so I don't know what kind of jump he possibly made. I'm interested in seeing him play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
something i thought was interesting was ponder is completing at a league high 76% with over 500 yards and 2 TDs no picks. hmmm
I will reserve judgement until he plays someone other then the Jaguars or Colts.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-20-2012 at 01:44 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote