Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't want Montgomery. Although it would be nice to have a stud across from Charles Johnson, to say we need a major upgrade there is definitely an exaggeration. Would rather have Johnathan Jenkins or Justin Hunter there.

Also, why do you say the only position Barrett Jones can't play is left tackle, when that was the position he won the Outland Trophy at?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Also, why do you say the only position Barrett Jones can't play is left tackle, when that was the position he won the Outland Trophy at?
Well no one is projecting him to play LT in the Nfl, take it up with everyone else. And they should fix the wording for the Outland trophy going to the best 'interior' lineman. That kind of implies guard, center, and dt. Odd that he'd win it for playing LT
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Hmm, not sure about that. Theyre both needs in the upcoming draft, and I think Fisher values front 7 higher than DBs, especially safety. I think Te'o would be tougher to pass up on than Reid or McDonald, especially considering this safety class looks way stronger than last years. And Fisher could also take a gamble on Ray Ray Armstrong and get a huge steal there later in the draft. I dunno, you could be right, I'd have to look at Fisher's draft history to see what he places more emphasis on but I'm pretty sure he's big on front 7 more than safeties.
Fish probably prefers D-Lineman over the secondary because he runs a 4 - 3 and D-line is always at a premium. OLB in a 4 - 3 just isn't as crucial a position and you can usually get away with lower round picks. As an example we picked up Joe Lonn Dunbar for next to a song and he is playing very well at Will LBer.

Another thing to consider is that Te'o is most likely suited to play the MIKE and we just resigned J. Laurinaitis for the next 5 years. If we selected Te'o he would have to move to OLB and the Rams have had HORRIBLE luck with drafting guys and then moving them to another position.

Some examples include: A. Carriker, E. Crouch, S. Bellisario, and M. Hagans among others. I would have a bad case of adjeda if the Rams tried this with a first round pick.

WHAT SAY YE?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would think teo could definitely play SAM...or any LB position for that matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Some examples include: A. Carriker, E. Crouch, S. Bellisario, and M. Hagans among others. I would have a bad case of adjeda if the Rams tried this with a first round pick.

WHAT SAY YE?
ILB in a 3-4 scheme isn't much different than Sam in a 4-3. Especially a guy like Te'o I don't see playing mike in the nfl, he's better suited to play 3-4 ilb or 4-3 olb much like Donta Hightower went from 3-4 ilb to Sam backer in the Patriots 4-3

Also what do you mean by 'get away with' weaker OLBs? Is giving up 150+ on the ground getting away with weaker OLBs?

Last edited by Robcards : 09-18-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys need to get their offense out of 2nd gear. We need a more dominant interior. I'd hate to see us pass on Warmack for Jenkins.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

30 SF (13-3) - Chance Warmack - G - Alabama

They cut at least one of the rookie linemen they drafted last year and there isn't a whole lot of young talent there. If there's any team that would value an off. guard higher than the rest its the niners. Lattimore and Bell I think those 2 guys are locks to be 1st rounders out of sheer talent.
I don't mind the Warmack selection, I'm just not a fan of the rationale...

Young starting talent...

LG - Mike Iupati - Age 25 - 3rd season
RG - Alex Boone - Age 25 - 3rd season

Young future talent

C - Daniel Kilgore - Age 24 - 2nd season
G - Joe Looney - Age 22 - Rookie
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would prefer Star over MIlliner.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I would prefer Star over MIlliner.
Ballard and Williams no good?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't mind the Warmack selection, I'm just not a fan of the rationale...

Young starting talent...

LG - Mike Iupati - Age 25 - 3rd season
RG - Alex Boone - Age 25 - 3rd season

Young future talent

C - Daniel Kilgore - Age 24 - 2nd season
G - Joe Looney - Age 22 - Rookie
Thought they cut the G they drafted, or did they draft 2? Obv Iupati is solid I was more referring to the other 2 interior lineman spots. Don't know much about Boone and Kilgore though are they working out?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thought they cut the G they drafted, or did they draft 2? Obv Iupati is solid I was more referring to the other 2 interior lineman spots. Don't know much about Boone and Kilgore though are they working out?
Well, Boone is starting for a line that is opening gargantuan running lanes. He has also been very good in pass pro. Daniel Kilgore is being groomed to be Goodwin's replacement at center. Kilgore has played quite a bit, as he enters as one of the extra-linemen Harbaugh employs in his "jumbo" sets.

The 49ers drafted two interior linemen in 2012. Joe Looney and Jason Slowey. It was Slowey whom was cut.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Well, Boone is starting for a line that is opening gargantuan running lanes. He has also been very good in pass pro. Daniel Kilgore is being groomed to be Goodwin's replacement at center. Kilgore has played quite a bit, as he enters as one of the extra-linemen Harbaugh employs in his "jumbo" sets.

The 49ers drafted two interior linemen in 2012. Joe Looney and Jason Slowey. It was Slowey whom was cut.
Ah yeah that's who I was thinking of. Forgot they drafted 2 of them. Yeah ok good point then guard doesn't make sense 1st round

Do the niners even have any needs? Seems like you have young talent just about everywhere. Maybe secondary?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome Miami pick!!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Ah yeah that's who I was thinking of. Forgot they drafted 2 of them. Yeah ok good point then guard doesn't make sense 1st round

Do the niners even have any needs? Seems like you have young talent just about everywhere. Maybe secondary?
Not only do they not have glaring "needs" they have 12 or 13 picks. I expect alot of movement and simply stacking depth with BPAs.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

I like the 49ers situation a lot then! I think depth at OLB is probably where they need it the most, so I have them taking Demontre Moore from Texas A&M. Absolutely loved watching him destroy Florida against future NFL tackle Chaz Green. Think he soars up the boards come draft time, higher than his teammate Sean Porter who's a bit undersized to play 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

Also changed Pats pick to Chance Warmack.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky Bobby Wagner as an NFL LT........ hahaha

regoob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Ricky Bobby Wagner as an NFL LT........ hahaha
Can Carimi move to LT? Bears need to do something, that game vs the packers was painful to watch Webb is a turnstile

Although I did take a first look at upcoming free agents and there's quite a few LTs that should hit the market. Bushrod and Albert, the saints and chiefs both drafted tackles this year so possibly getting ready to let them go. Not sure what McKinnie's situation is, he wasn't playing in the ravens eagles game and they had Oher at LT. Also jake long may be on the market if the Dolphins think they can move Martin to the left side next season.

Last edited by Robcards : 09-21-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can Carimi move to LT? Bears need to do something, that game vs the packers was painful to watch Webb is a turnstile

Although I did take a first look at upcoming free agents and there's quite a few LTs that should hit the market. Bushrod and Albert, the saints and chiefs both drafted tackles this year so possibly getting ready to let them go. Not sure what McKinnie's situation is, he wasn't playing in the ravens eagles game and they had Oher at LT. Also jake long may be on the market if the Dolphins think they can move Martin to the left side next season.
Carimi would probably be better then Wagner but neither should ever see the LT position in the NFL.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Carimi would probably be better then Wagner but neither should ever see the LT position in the NFL.
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think they'll try to get a LT in free agency. Going to be at least 4 starting caliber LTs on the market next year assuming they don't all re-sign. So DT or CB are probably the likely picks for the Bears round 1 I guess
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah the more I think about it the more I think they'll try to get a LT in free agency. Going to be at least 4 starting caliber LTs on the market next year assuming they don't all re-sign. So DT or CB are probably the likely picks for the Bears round 1 I guess
LB would be more likely then a DT or CB.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Ravens and Spartans fan I can't dislike that pick. I'm not sure Bullough rises quite that high though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
LB would be more likely then a DT or CB.
Explain please because I just don't see it. Even if Urlacher retires I imagine Briggs would take over MLB, at the very least he'd be the every down LB. Not sure how Briggs is doing this year but I do know he played every defensive snap in 2011 so he's definitely got some years left in him
Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
As a Ravens and Spartans fan I can't dislike that pick. I'm not sure Bullough rises quite that high though.
He strikes me as the kind of guy that isn't in 1st round discussion because he's a true junior who just broke out last season pretty much but he really is the best underclassman ILB prospect out there, so if he declares I think late 1st isnt a reach
Old 09-23-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Explain please because I just don't see it. Even if Urlacher retires I imagine Briggs would take over MLB, at the very least he'd be the every down LB. Not sure how Briggs is doing this year but I do know he played every defensive snap in 2011 so he's definitely got some years left in him
We would never move Briggs from the Will spot. I never bought into the DT hype last draft. I don't think we need to spend a 1st on a DT. If it's bpa by a mile ok but Henry Melton is playing very well right now and Paea looks like the long term starter at NT. Our depth isnt bad either. Tim Jennings opposite Tillman is playing very well. I wouldn't mind a CB in the 1st if it's bpa but as far as positional need I'd definitely put LB ahead of CB or DT.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
We would never move Briggs from the Will spot. I never bought into the DT hype last draft. I don't think we need to spend a 1st on a DT. If it's bpa by a mile ok but Henry Melton is playing very well right now and Paea looks like the long term starter at NT. Our depth isnt bad either. Tim Jennings opposite Tillman is playing very well. I wouldn't mind a CB in the 1st if it's bpa but as far as positional need I'd definitely put LB ahead of CB or DT.
There's not a whole lot of ILBs with 1st round projections at the moment. Te'o that's about it