Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I will reserve judgement until he plays someone other than the Jaguars or Colts.
that kinda what i was getting at. We all knew he was fast and chad-pennington like accurate so the high completion percentage is no surprising, be interesting to see how he does against the niners defense
Old 09-20-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
that kinda what i was getting at. We all knew he was fast and chad-pennington like accurate so the high completion percentage is no surprising, be interesting to see how he does against the niners defense
Going totally out a limb here: not well.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i mean they could very well eat him
Old 09-20-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Ponder will do better against us than most people think. The 49ers weakness on defense, if they have one, is short, quick passes, which is Ponder's strength, and small, shifty receivers, Percy Harvin. I am not expecting a gamebreaking performance but around 55% completions on 40 passes, 240 yards, one touchdown and one interception is what I would predict.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm not sure I like that bet. In their two games this year, both teams have had an average of 3.5 sacks happen in the game. I don't think this bet is as much of a lock as last week's. Good luck.
I dunno, our offensive line had a much better performance week two, but at the same time that was against a paltry Saints' defensive line. I could easily see the Giants going off on us. Wouldn't surprise me if Byron Bell/Bruce Campbell got victimized a bit. Of course Cam's mobility means he may be able to escape a few would be sacks, but we will see.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting comparison I saw somewhere else,

QB A:

~1500/2500 (60%)
~16000-17000 yards
~6.6 Y/A
~100 TD
~65 INT
~82 QB rating
44-38 record as a starter
13 fourth quarter comebacks

Average team ranks:
Defense: 16th
Running Game: 16th

vs.

QB B:

1593/2793 (57%)
18644 yards
6.7 Y/A
125 TD
88 INT
79.2 QB Rating
50-37 record as a starter
13 fourth quarter comebacks

Average team ranks:
Defense: 18th
Running game: 8th

I know people here don't like comparing quarterbacks without knowing who they are, though given that I am posting it you likely know who one of them is. This is not my comparison originally, though I did expand upon it. But these two quarterbacks seem pretty similar to me.
Is this another one of those trick questions where both QBs are Alex Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this another one of those trick questions where both QBs are Alex Smith?
It is not. Only one of those QBs is Alex Smith
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith and Eli Manning?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way it's Eli. Eli has almost 30,000 yards and 200 TD's in his career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Interesting because Alex Smith's career numbers don't match either of those. Slightly under 13000 yards and 72 TDs. Now, it seems like you are projecting Alex Smith to reach the numbers of QB A by the end of the season. I'm not quite sure who QB B is.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna play.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

It is Eli Manning, just using his first six seasons. Not exactly a balanced comparison because you are comparing Eli's six seasons with eight seasons of Alex Smith. Plus you are projecting numbers for Smith.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously stop with this compare qb A with qb B. It took Alex forever and a competent coach to get here.

Game manager vs Game Winner.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is not the rule to a developing QB, he's the exception. I hate how every struggling young QB is always compared to Eli because he took off.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear, Smith's been fellated more times on this board than he has by any one he's ever dated
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I can do the same thing

QB A:
59% completion
12005 Yards
77 TD
46 INT
28-28 record

QB B:
54.6% completion
11385 yards
77 TD
64 INT
30-25 record

Seems pretty similar right? You might even say QB A is the better QB. Well... QB A is Matt Cassell (56 career starts). QB B is Eli Manning in his first 55 starts.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I swear, Smith's been fellated more times on this board than he has by any one he's ever dated
And you always blow up every Rutgers player in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And you always blow up every Rutgers player in the NFL.
But at least I'm:

- hilarious

- adorable

- homoerotic

- correct

actually, that's not even completely true. I blow up every Rutgers player even if they're not in the NFL.

Like if niner fans wanted to brag for days about that ridiculous defense, then yeah, they're ******* scary. Even the Oline. Or Vernon. But no, it's all about a painfully average QB. It's confusing
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stats taken in a vacuum are not a good way to evaluate things. I mean, take this as an example

QB A

3348/5398 63.9% 40,531 yards 303TDs 116INTs

QB B

354/680 52.1% 4083 yards 18TDs 23INTs

QB A is Tom Brady while QB B is Jamarcus Russell, however no one is going to argue Brady is better than Russell, I mean, Russell was the #1 pick after all

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But at least I'm:

- hilarious

- adorable

- homoerotic

- correct

actually, that's not even completely true. I blow up every Rutgers player even if they're not in the NFL.

Like if niner fans wanted to brag for days about that ridiculous defense, then yeah, they're ******* scary. Even the Oline. Or Vernon. But no, it's all about a painfully average QB. It's confusing
Yeah, if you werent adorable or homoerotic it wouldn't be nearly as cool...
But Brian Leonard would still be sexy.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the anonymous stats last year, and hate them even more this year.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But at least I'm:

- hilarious

- adorable

- homoerotic

- correct

Really? I think you're just plain obnoxious with that nonsense. And it's not like Rutgers is playing for a national championship every year. I'd be one thing if you were blowing up LSU or Alabama. But Rutgers? Meh.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 09-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? I think you're just plain obnoxious with that nonsense. And it's not like Rutgers is playing for a national championship every year. I'd be one thing if you were blowing up LSU or Alabama. But Rutgers? Meh.
oh well, can't please 'em all.

oh, and YOU'RE WELCOME FOR ANTHONY DAVIS
Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is Eli Manning, just using his first six seasons. Not exactly a balanced comparison because you are comparing Eli's six seasons with eight seasons of Alex Smith. Plus you are projecting numbers for Smith.
It isn't my comparison and yes, it is Eli through his first 87 starts versus Alex Smith through his first 82 starts, projecting until the end of the year. The person who did the comparison projected around 300/475, 3500 yards, 24-28 touchdowns, 5-10 interceptions, a 12-4 record and 2-4 fourth quarter comebacks for Smith this year. I, personally, don't think those numbers are going to be too far off.

Quote:
seriously stop with this compare qb A with qb B. It took Alex forever and a competent coach to get here.

Game manager vs Game Winner.
I don't know why you say that. They have a similar record, about the same amount fourth quarter comebacks, pretty much the same average defensive rank and Eli had the much better running game.

Quote:
I can do the same thing

QB A:
59% completion
12005 Yards
77 TD
46 INT
28-28 record

QB B:
54.6% completion
11385 yards
77 TD
64 INT
30-25 record

Seems pretty similar right? You might even say QB A is the better QB. Well... QB A is Matt Cassell (56 career starts). QB B is Eli Manning in his first 55 starts.
You could definitely argue that Cassel's first 56 starts were as good as Eli's, though. Well you could at least if no one told you that Cassel continued to get worse while Eli continued to (mostly) improve during that span.

Quote:
Stats taken in a vacuum are not a good way to evaluate things. I mean, take this as an example

QB A

3348/5398 63.9% 40,531 yards 303TDs 116INTs

QB B

354/680 52.1% 4083 yards 18TDs 23INTs

QB A is Tom Brady while QB B is Jamarcus Russell, however no one is going to argue Brady is better than Russell, I mean, Russell was the #1 pick after all
I don't really understand this. QB A is massively better.

Quote:
I hated the anonymous stats last year, and hate them even more this year.
If I had said that Alex Smith was almost as good as Eli Manning through their first ~85 starts what would have happened?

Look, I am not saying that Alex Smith is anywhere near the level Eli is currently at. Eli is a top 4-8 QB, Smith might barely squeeze into the top 14. Eli has won two Super Bowls, Smith hasn't even been to one.
The point is to compare the beginnings of their careers, which are very similar. If the 49ers somehow do win the Super Bowl this year then they would be even more similar. They would have nearly identical stats through their first ~85 starts, one Super Bowl win each and guess how old Eli was after his 87th start? 29. Guess how old Alex Smith will be after his 82nd start at the end of this year? 29. I am not saying that Alex Smith is going to be Eli Manning, either. I just thought it interesting how similar their numbers were after about the same amount of starts
Old 09-20-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither of those is Alex Smith.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm

Also, it's not a given that he'll throw 30 TD passes, given the fact that hes never even come close to doing it before. That's a moron projection.

Last edited by WCH : 09-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote