Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Neither of those is Alex Smith.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm

This is why anonymous stats suck.
See above post. He is projecting Alex Smith's stats for this year

300/475
3500 yards
26 TD
8 INT
12-4 record
Three fourth quarter comebacks
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id just like to say i dont think they are really that different. If you put #1 pick eli on the niners and **** with his coordinators and coaches for 7 straight years eli might be finally turning the corner as well.

Same thing with smith, maybe he could handle the pressure of NY throughout his struggles, he did handle a lot of scrutiny in SF and handled it pretty well, maybe he struggled at first and they kept plugging along with him. I mean im pretty impressed with the way smith is commanding the offense right now, but eli has been working at gaining control of that team since 2004 hes a master of that offense, smith is getting his first taste of familiarity

Same argument can be made for aaron rodgers and alex smith...put rodgers on the 9ers in 05 he is not the QB he is now...he was AWFUL backing up favre and he was made of glass. He takes over one year and does some good things and by year 2 hes a master of the position, a very familiar position/system he was in for multiple years.

its fun to debate and speculate, but really all this leads to is hurt feelings
Old 09-20-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well what matters is now. And both quarterbacks are playing pretty well currently. Not sure what a statistics comparison needs to be made. Alex Smith had a ****** deal his first six years in the league. Finally he has a good coaching staff that is actually helping him out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh this just made me think of that horrible Alex Smith vs Alex Smith thread... I want to go hang myself right now.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? I think you're just plain obnoxious with that nonsense. And it's not like Rutgers is playing for a national championship every year. I'd be one thing if you were blowing up LSU or Alabama. But Rutgers? Meh.
This is why people don't like you.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Ugh this just made me think of that horrible Alex Smith vs Alex Smith thread... I want to go hang myself right now.
I still don't understand what people disliked about that thread so much. If I had created a thread saying that Alex Smith after the Eagles game in 2010 was just as good as he was the first half of 2011 people would have laughed or ignored it without even bothering to look at the stats. Because everyone knows that Alex Smith only turned it around because of Harbaugh.

This argument is the same thing. If I had said that Alex Smith's first 82 starts were as good as Eli Manning's people would have laughed or ignored the stats. Because everyone knows Alex Smith sucks.

Looking at just the stats, including team record and stats from the rest of the team, is the only objective way to look at quarterbacks. I cannot mention Alex Smith and get people to objectively discuss his performance because, as I said, everyone knows Alex Smith sucks
Old 09-20-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
lol stats comparisons. because we all know that numbers mean everything, especially in a vacuum and especially when you ignore reality.

i just got the strangest sense of deja vu.
What reality is being ignored? Just curious.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still don't understand what people disliked about that thread so much. If I had created a thread saying that Alex Smith after the Eagles game in 2010 was just as good as he was the first half of 2011 people would have laughed or ignored it without even bothering to look at the stats. Because everyone knows that Alex Smith only turned it around because of Harbaugh.

This argument is the same thing. If I had said that Alex Smith's first 82 starts were as good as Eli Manning's people would have laughed or ignored the stats. Because everyone knows Alex Smith sucks.

Looking at just the stats, including team record and stats from the rest of the team, is the only objective way to look at quarterbacks. I cannot mention Alex Smith and get people to objectively discuss his performance because, as I said, everyone knows Alex Smith sucks
To be fair, you'd deserve to get laughed at because similar stats do nothing to prove your statement. Looking at just stats is the most ******** way to look at quarterbacks.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why is it necessary to point this out? No one really cares that Alex Smith's stats resemble Eli's for their first 82 starts.

Football is so much more than just stats but you want to confine it to a small subsection of the game that only matters to Fantasy Football players and people who want to drum up wild comparisons. I mean who really cares who threw the most touchdowns with their opposite hand in a Superbowl while the earth was attacked by a sentient race of super machines called reapers. Not many people that is who.

Sure most of us have seen growth and maturation in Smith but it is not only because of his numbers. Use stats to enhance arguments don't use stats to make arguments.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I hated the anonymous stats last year, and hate them even more this year.
I'm with you on this one.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my favorite part about anonymous stats?
how much they bother some of you

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this scheduling. Starting on a wed, then sunday, and now a thurs night. This game is going to be a mess, playing so soon.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** that sstupid alex smith vss himself thread.

Dumbest **** ever.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
To be fair, you'd deserve to get laughed at because similar stats do nothing to prove your statement. Looking at just stats is the most ******** way to look at quarterbacks.
Quote:
Why is it necessary to point this out? No one really cares that Alex Smith's stats resemble Eli's for their first 82 starts.

Football is so much more than just stats but you want to confine it to a small subsection of the game that only matters to Fantasy Football players and people who want to drum up wild comparisons. I mean who really cares who threw the most touchdowns with their opposite hand in a Superbowl while the earth was attacked by a sentient race of super machines called reapers. Not many people that is who.

Sure most of us have seen growth and maturation in Smith but it is not only because of his numbers. Use stats to enhance arguments don't use stats to make arguments.
You are acting like all I did was give the quarterback's numbers. I gave their stats, their team's record, their team's performance outside of the QB position and even put in fourth quarter comebacks.

Like I already said, if I just said that Smith through 82 starts was as good as Eli through 87 starts how many people would have just dismissed it without even bother to looking at the stats? Most of them
Old 09-20-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
my favorite part about anonymous stats?
how much they bother some of you
When that is the strongest argument you can make, you've got a weak argument.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's proper if you draft a qb round 1 you give him 5 years. A lot of guys don't pan out right away. Like seriously Ben Roethlisbuerger didn't really progress as the passer he is now until his 4th/5th year. He was a game manager.

Manning didn't hit his stride til his 4th/5th year.

Too many give up on a guy after 2-3 years. Heck even Peyton manning three a ton of ints up to his 4th year. I think it was like 20 ?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know it is. I think they're dumb.
But I like the chuckle I get when the debates start.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just tell me what would have happened if I labeled the post Alex Smith through 82 starts vs. Eli Manning through 87 starts? I would have taken more heat than I am for trying to do it anonymously. There is no winning when trying to talk about Alex Smith because the preconceived notions of him sucking without Harbaugh and only being a game manager with him are so deep in people's minds that you cannot get them to talk about him objectively
Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is why people don't like you.
Actually a lot of people like me. Please keep your falsehoods to yourself.

Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You are acting like all I did was give the quarterback's numbers. I gave their stats, their team's record, their team's performance outside of the QB position and even put in fourth quarter comebacks.

Like I already said, if I just said that Smith through 82 starts was as good as Eli through 87 starts how many people would have just dismissed it without even bother to looking at the stats? Most of them
It's ludicrous argument so what do the stats matter? If you just wanted to present a useless factoid that'd be one thing, but you seem to think these prove anything other than how desperately you want Alex Smith not to be a middle of the road starting QB, which they don't.

Quote:
Actually a lot of people like me. Please keep your falsehoods to yourself.
I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-20-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-san-diego/

Quote:
On Sunday, the 2-0 Falcons face the 2-0 Chargers in San Diego. And the game wonít be televised live in Southern California.

Earlier this week, the Chargers announced that more than 11,000 tickets remained. Itís unknown how close (or not) the Chargers came to selling enough seats to lift the curtain.
Should be a great game to...
Old 09-20-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I'm calling shenanigans on this one.
That's fine. Hell, I think a lot of what you say is pure garbage.

Believe what you like. As will I.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 09-20-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's fine. Hell, I think a lot of what you say is pure garbage.

Believe what you like. As will I.
So does Caddy, but he's terrible at being a human being to.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Don't try and change the subject! There is a good 3-4 pages left of fighting to be done about mediocre current and former 49ers players like Manny Lawson and Alex Smith. That takes precedence! We could have a good Donte Whitner, Anthony Davis, or Michael Crabtree conversation ahead of us!

Last edited by cmarq83 : 09-20-2012 at 04:40 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
So does Caddy, but he's terrible at being a human being to.
Well hey it looks like you got an apprentice in the making :)

Quote: