Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3: Chiefs AT Saints (ohhh boy)

Discuss the game against the Saints here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No idea what to expect. I don't expect anything. They need to show up for a game for me to firm expectations.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not expect the kind of apathetic walk through we got last week. The defensive depth is still aching, but the defense as a whole is finally intact. Expect a lot of nickel, to limit Brees. That means controlling a certain K State RB, who shall remain nameless, is critical.

Offensively, we can run on this defense, a lot. Fantasy wise, I am starting everyone. The unspoken killer of the first two games were the give aways. We do not face a the inside defensive strength or the level of secondary that either the Bills or the Falcons bring to the table. If we can establish the middle, and hang onto the ball, we can win this.

Put it this way. If we do not beat ourselves, I think the Saints may beat themselves.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let me be the 1st to rain on this rainbow from the ass parade.

this team has shown no heart or want to when a game gets out of hand quick. the Saints are looking for a "get well" game and the Chiefs are the perfect team for that.

the Saints are built to take early leads and KC has been willing to ablige in both of their previous games. the Chiefs, so far, really dont do anything well enough to take advantage of the Saints defense. the Chiefs looking even remotely good in any phase of this game would be a change and to this point, impossible to predict.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean...maybe they are a lot better in the secondary with Jalil Brown being back...

But that's not even the problem.

There's no lack of talent. The depth isn't much worse than any other given team. They just don't make the right plays and they look flat doing so.

We can't speculate whether that will change until it actually ******* does.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree 100% KC. This is a loss from where I'm sitting right now. This is a tune up game for the Saints.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Carl has it right. The Chiefs have shown they are far to willing to fold their tent at the first sign of adversity. A missed field goal, a fumble at the goal line. Right now they have proven nothing but that they are quitters. If the Chiefs play with some want to they should win the game. They have not shown any of that since Arizona.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There's no lack of talent.
I don't think I have ever been more upset with this team and this is why. There is to much dam talent on their roster to be playing the way they are.

I'm not saying the should win the SB by any means, but to play like they have is flat out BS.

There is really no excuse.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't think I have ever been more upset with this team and this is why. There is to much dam talent on their roster to be playing the way they are.

I'm not saying the should win the SB by any means, but to play like they have is flat out BS.

There is really no excuse.
They pushed at Atlanta in the first half, but the breaks in the 3rd quarter ran against them, and the pulled back on the effort. They did not even start playing in the Buffalo game until they were down 28-3--and then they game uo the PR TD.

Last year they finally came to play game three. I hope history repeats. Of course, if the beat the Saints, everyone will say it was just the Saints, who are not that good this year. This is true, but they are not that bad either.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 09-23-2012, 04:12 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel vs. Brees match up doesn't bode well for the Chiefs.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Cassel's been better than Brees this year.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cassel is not better than Brees, and he hasn't been this year.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dudes, Stanzi is better than both.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Cassel is not better than Brees, and he hasn't been this year.
The point was that Brees has been bad this year.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that effort I seen out there today?
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

My god the Chiefs showed some ******* HEART today! THAT is what we've been looking for! It's about damn time!

Old 09-23-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

No ****. That defense. Oh boy. That is the defense we thought we had. Probably helps that they were close to full strength, but Ropati looked good - everyone looked good after the first half. Much more aggressive and played with great passion.

Offense has some injuries, but they need to get their **** together. Struggled to put the game away against a bad defense when the Chiefs' defense ended it long ago.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The Chiefs D really really stepped it up today. In all phases. Justin Houston is a god damn monster too.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Anyone else not surprised that the TD run came when Lilja moved over and Allen took his place at LG? Allen looked good.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm not surprised at all. Lilja has been the weak link at LG so far this year. I hope Hudson is okay and I hope Allen takes over for Lilja.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Dorsey and Jackson did alot of watching today with Pitoitua and Bailey on the field.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I thought Poe actually played pretty well today. I was impressed.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Dorsey and Jackson did alot of watching today with Pitoitua and Bailey on the field.
I could not watch the game,but the result seem to bear out. The idea is to push the pocket so the QB cannot step up. On one Houston sack and the safety there seems to be plenty of push.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dorsey did almost nothing this game. I hope he goes to a 4-3 team and revitalizes his career. I'd keep Tyson for another year if he restructures, but if not then I'd kick em both to the curb.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** yea Chiefs!!! Who Dat!!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote