Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
You lost me at solid nfl starter
You serious?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Just leave it alone guys. There's no point.
I wish this would have been realized like 5 pages ago...

Yes, Giants fans feel jilted that their two-time Superbowl winning clutch QB is repeatedly compared to a guy who, up until last season, was widely considered a bust. But really, who cares? You have the hardware. Winning a little internet debate settles nothing.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
If you really think Eli was as good early in his career as he is today then I am more worried about you tainting the gene pool.

Sorry if I don't consider someone being injured and not playing to be NFL experience.
sitting and learning while hurt is nfl experience.

your stats also don't consider durability. Which is part of an elite QB.

oh yeah, Shaun Hill man, Shaun Hill.

Shaun Hill just murdered this fun debate because it couldn't get any funnier. I like Smith, he can drive my bus, he can be a top 15 QB if you say so, but I'm through.

Shaun. Hill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You serious?
Wait...are you ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you really think Eli was as good early in his career as he is today then I am more worried about you tainting the gene pool.
You're right, the stats clearly prove it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Just leave it alone guys. There's no point.
I like seeing morons fail while trying to use logic, it's why I get a kick out of Fox News and MSNBC.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Eli beat out Kurt ******* Warner. Kurt. Warner. you know, the guy who would later lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl appearance. You know, that guy. BUT HE'S NO SHAUN HILL I'LL TELL YOU THAT!

and Shaun Hill was just called a solid starter. I really don't know what to say.

And yes, Eli did have more pass attempts...because he's more than a bus driver and has been his whole career, even as a young'in.
Eli never beat up Kurt Warner, it was never a competition. Warner sucked in Eli's rookie season so they put Eli in and then Warner left after the season. That isn't beating him out.

I don't get the Shaun Hill hate. He has a .500 record with two relatively bad teams and an almost 2:1 TD:INT ratio with an 85 passer rating.
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli has more pass attempts..... Yes because once again Elite Qbs are asked to do more than not turn the ball over for their team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Boller is a solid nfl starter guys.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-21-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I wish this would have been realized like 5 pages ago...

Yes, Giants fans feel jilted that their two-time Superbowl winning clutch QB is repeatedly compared to a guy who, up until last season, was widely considered a bust. But really, who cares? You have the hardware. Winning a little internet debate settles nothing.
Isn't that what message boards are about though? Friendly debates. It's now going to evolve into if Shaun Hill was a solid starter or not, which is going to be HILARIOUS to watch unfold.

I bet you all think I'm lying, but I'm not jilted at all about the Eli thing. Whatever, I'm over debating Eli, he just used my favorite teams QB to try and say Smith could be elite so I felt like I could engage in the debate.
And Shaun Hill references. So many Shaun Hill references
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean seriously we need one team to have its homer fans come out and give us something to laugh at for the remainder of the NFL season year in and out around here.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I'm curious to hear his solid nfl starter definition.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
sitting and learning while hurt is nfl experience.

your stats also don't consider durability. Which is part of an elite QB.

oh yeah, Shaun Hill man, Shaun Hill.

Shaun Hill just murdered this fun debate because it couldn't get any funnier. I like Smith, he can drive my bus, he can be a top 15 QB if you say so, but I'm through.

Shaun. Hill.
Learning? From who? J.T. O'Sullivan? Mike Nolan? Mike Singletary? Jim Hostler? Jimmy Raye? Martz was there but, from all reports, he almost completely ignored Smith in favor of JTO, trying to prove he could make any QB good.

Quote:
Eli has more pass attempts..... Yes because once again Elite Qbs are asked to do more than not turn the ball over for their team.
Also helps that he actually played.

Quote:
Kyle Boller is a solid nfl starter guys.
Boller has a losing record, while playing on a pretty damn good team, more interceptions than touchdowns and a QB rating under 70. Clearly he is comparable to Shaun Hill. Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like it's time to unsubscribe from this thread.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Also helps that he actually played.
Because unlike some QBs he managed to beat out the talent level of SHAUN HILL

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

learning as in, you know, practice, how to read defenses, etc.

Also, being durable helps becoming an elite QB.

Also, he learned from solid starter Shaun Hill, obviously
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Looks like it's time to unsubscribe from this thread.
Quote:
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Hill top 20 QB...

Alex Smith top 10 QB...

Some random argument about how Ramses Barden is bad because he was almost cut...

I'm out of here.
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why? we can assume alex smith would've played the same way, because everything in the past evens out, no matter what.
Exactly. If Alex Smith had played he would have likely broken 20 touchdowns a couple of times and would have definitely has more completions, given his higher completion percentage. I am not sure what you are saying here? This supports my point that Alex Smith would have had larger numbers, in terms of completions and touchdowns, if he actually played.
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
This is why I wanted this debate to continue. Thanks for the new sig quote.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sometimes on windy days in madden i put shaun hill in when i want to throw deep to calvin, only because stafford will overthrow him by 40 yards when its windy

lol shaun hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I...... I..... My God..... I don't know which one to sig quote.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Shaun Hill top 20 QB...

Alex Smith top 10 QB...

Some random argument about how Ramses Barden is bad because he was almost cut...

I'm out of here.
The cut thing might've been off on my part, but to talk like he's some super awesome WR is so wrong. Dude's done NOTHING in his career.

But actually, if you project his stats alongside those of Jerry Rice, they have very similar careers, so I can see how people could think he's about to be elite
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Because unlike some QBs he managed to beat out the talent level of SHAUN HILL
Eli was never even in a QB competition because, as I already stated, his team actually knew how to groom a young QB.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just based off stats, you could make the argument that Shaun Hill is a better QB than Alex Smith.

Based on their career stats projected over a 16 game season, Shaun Hill averages:

58 more completitons
66.8 more attempts
3.6% better completion percentage
519.7 more yards
5.8 more TDs
.68 less INTs
.17 higher YPA
7.97 high QB Rating
And they both have a .500 winning percentage as a starter

What does this tell me? That the only reason Alex Smith has even had the chance to put up the numbers he has is because he was the number one overall pick. He is no better than your average journeyman QB, let alone a two-time Super Bowl Champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote