Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2012, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Teachers Thread

I've wanted to start this for a while, since I know there are a lot of teachers that post here, as well as a lot of us who are going to be teachers some day soon.

I'm currently getting my masters in English, and I will be getting my masters in teaching too.

I can't wait to teach, personally. I know I won't ever get paid very much being in South Carolina and I know it's probably not the most glamours job but it's something I am really looking forward to.

I'm pretty hopeful that getting a good job at a good school won't be too hard. I've got a pretty good resume, and I will have three degrees (technically four because I double-majored but it's a fairly worthless degree). My bachelors is in journalism and I minored in history, my masters will be in English and Teaching.

Hopefully that will give me a lot of opportunities for jobs. I feel like I could teach history, English, or any kind of journalism classes that a high school might have.

My biggest worry is lesson planning. As I have yet to take any education classes, I'm nervous about writing lesson plans. Is there any tips to making sure your lesson plans take up the entire class period? That's my biggest fear. Does the school give you a lot of things you have to do and you just sort of fill in the lesson plans with that or is more of a mix of that and your own ideas?