Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 09-12-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin* Hunter. And I don't really see the Stevie Johnson comparison.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I would probably rather take Luke Joeckel, he is a guy who I rate highly and can play either side, meaning he could take over for Gross in a few years. But Amerson is acceptable as well. Would probably want him at safety and not corner, but we need help there as well.
Yea, I was going off how he has his board falling. When I look at someone else's mocks I try to base it on what they have. He has Joeckel considerably lower than the range the Panthers are picking so by his board, it would appear Joeckel to be a reach at that point.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE, S, and OG/C are our greatest needs, so Sam Montgomery is a good choice.

And I'm with Drew on the Hunter/Johnson comparison. Personally, I see Hunter more like Sidney Rice.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
DE, S, and OG/C are our greatest needs, so Sam Montgomery is a good choice.

And I'm with Drew on the Hunter/Johnson comparison. Personally, I see Hunter more like Sidney Rice.
Justin Hunter. Thank you Drew. Stevie's listed at 6'2 but I always figured he was taller then that. Johnson looks like a taller, angular guy with the quickness and feet of a smaller guy, and that's kinda what Hunter is. But yeah, Hunter's much taller and not really as quick. Rice is better. I'll go again and say Malcolm Floyd with better yac potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDonald is much better than Taylor Mays.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I don't see Houston on par with Jones at all. And Jones could play multiple positions. Besides QB what do you think will be the teams top need after the season?
Completely agree with you here and if the Chiefs can't land a QB Jarvis Jones would be a heck of a consolation prize. The Chiefs next biggest need after QB would be any player that upgrades the pass defense.

Also, its easy to like anything a team with 2 top 10 picks does but the Rams landing Eric Reid and John Hankins is sick.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Also, its easy to like anything a team with 2 top 10 picks does but the Rams landing Eric Reid and John Hankins is sick.
I can definitely see us taking Reid but I don't know much at all about Hankins. I have heard a lot about Star Lotulei; how does Hankins skill set match with the Star man?
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
I can definitely see us taking Reid but I don't know much at all about Hankins. I have heard a lot about Star Lotulei; how does Hankins skill set match with the Star man?
I haven't seen him yet this season but last year Hankins lined up at DE and DT on a 4 man front because he's got uncommon athletic ability for a big sloppy guy. That's Lotulei's game as well, uncommon athletic ability for such a massive man. Star is the better athlete though I'd say.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Star for Minny. Other needs will be WR, LB, and probably CB. Star or Woods would be the top two options there.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't seen him yet this season but last year Hankins lined up at DE and DT on a 4 man front because he's got uncommon athletic ability for a big sloppy guy. That's Lotulei's game as well, uncommon athletic ability for such a massive man. Star is the better athlete though I'd say.
Thanx for your response. I do agree with you that it is very possible that Fish would take another D tackle in the first even though we took one (Brockers) this year.

When you run a 4 - 3 you can never have enough high quality D linemen. I am hoping though that Fish breaks his trend of NEVER drafting an O lineman in the first round. He simply MUST get our O line fixed or Brads will be permanently damaged.

ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Based on the limited bit I've seen of Lotulelei and Hankins, they are what everyone is hoping Dontari Poe can become. Hankins I think is more refined as a pass rusher. I would take both over Poe as they have both been able to put it together on the field and be consistent.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'd be so stoked with Wilson. I think he's just what we need, would be OK with Bray too but Wilson the one I wan't. Just don't sour it by saying he's like Tony Romo.
Unwarranted Romo hate;

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
A. Saints won't be picking at 6 lol.
B. Eric Reid all day if he's there.
Laugh now...

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upshaw is the replacement for Johnson, not Suggs.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
17. New York Jets - Brennan Williams /OT/ North Carolina:
Jets most needy position-Oline.

Pick 17 on a RT? Are you nuts? If the Jets don't draft an OLB in the 1st round next year with the projected crop of:

Jarvis Jones
Barkevious Mingo
Sam Montgomery
Jackson Jeffcoat
Sean Porter
Demontre Moore
Devin Taylor

the list goes on, such a good pass rushing class, RT is not our 1st round pick it can be gotten in the 2nd or 3rd.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Pick 17 on a RT? Are you nuts? If the Jets don't draft an OLB in the 1st round next year with the projected crop of:

Jarvis Jones
Barkevious Mingo
Sam Montgomery
Jackson Jeffcoat
Sean Porter
Demontre Moore
Devin Taylor

the list goes on, such a good pass rushing class, RT is not our 1st round pick it can be gotten in the 2nd or 3rd.
Exactly. Such a good pass rushing class that they can get a blue chip guy after the 1st. Bolded guys you mentioned plus, Okafor, Buchanon, Jonathan Brown, Chase Thomas. And a sleeper guy to look out for is Trevardo Williams.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
jared3
Rookie

jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt LB Jarvis Jones falls out of the top 10
jared3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. Such a good pass rushing class that they can get a blue chip guy after the 1st. Bolded guys you mentioned plus, Okafor, Buchanon, Jonathan Brown, Chase Thomas. And a sleeper guy to look out for is Trevardo Williams.
And there arent a ton of RTs they can get later in the draft? Not buying it, they likely go bdpa again next year like they did this year with the exception of the front 3 where Coples Ellis Wilkerson look to be a lock as our defensive front of the future, and ilb as well with Harris and Demario Davis. That leaves secondary and olb. Also RB is a strong possibility if someone like Lattimore or Bell is there and they like them a lot.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen definitely works for me!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Allen definitely works for me!
eh, changing that I think. Browns will target him now, especially if Weeden shows more flashes of greatness. In that case I'd go Mingo for the Fins.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
eh, changing that I think. Browns will target him now, especially if Weeden shows more flashes of greatness. In that case I'd go Mingo for the Fins.
D Line is one of the Dolphins strengths (Wake and Odrick are the DEs), they even drafted a 3rd rounder this past year to serve as a rotational pass rusher in Olivier Vernon. Highly doubt they draft another DE in the 1st round in 2013, as much as I am against needs drafting in the 1st round, they absolutely need to take a WR. Browns are less likely to go WR since Little is a 2nd year guy and Gordon is a 1st year guy and they used high picks to get them, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go WR early again.

PS- Just saw you have Arizona at #2 in your mock, it's kind of hard to end up with the #2 pick when you start out 2-0 especially when you play in the NFC West, they're looking like another 8-8 season in the works.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
D Line is one of the Dolphins strengths (Wake and Odrick are the DEs), they even drafted a 3rd rounder this past year to serve as a rotational pass rusher in Olivier Vernon. Highly doubt they draft another DE in the 1st round in 2013, as much as I am against needs drafting in the 1st round, they absolutely need to take a WR. Browns are less likely to go WR since Little is a 2nd year guy and Gordon is a 1st year guy and they used high picks to get them, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to go WR early again.

PS- Just saw you have Arizona at #2 in your mock, it's kind of hard to end up with the #2 pick when you start out 2-0 especially when you play in the NFC West, they're looking like another 8-8 season in the works.
34 DE Odrick? Over Mingo for your 43? Ok. I agree the Browns probably won't address WR again early but the fan in me knows they should. I didn't include any trade in here but you know there will be plenty of movement. I'm not buying the Cards at all.

Made some changes FAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
McDonald is much better than Taylor Mays.
Yea, I didn't mean it as comparison but that Mays shouldn't be your starter.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He isn't anymore!
Yay!

But yeah, DE and S are the biggest needs for Cincy. I think the Mays experiment may be over.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
34 DE Odrick? Over Mingo for your 43? Ok. I agree the Browns probably won't address WR again early but the fan in me knows they should. I didn't include any trade in here but you know there will be plenty of movement. I'm not buying the Cards at all.

Made some changes FAI.

Some of the best 43 DEs are oversized, not really a good argument. Red Bryant the LE for the Seahawks is like 320lbs. Although, DT might become a need for them as Starks is in his contract year. Also Mingo is much better suited as a 3-4 olb, or a team like the Browns that have massive DTs and smaller DEs
Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Some of the best 43 DEs are oversized, not really a good argument. Red Bryant the LE for the Seahawks is like 320lbs. Although, DT might become a need for them as Starks is in his contract year. Also Mingo is much better suited as a 3-4 olb, or a team like the Browns that have massive DTs and smaller DEs
Uh-huh, but we're talking about Jared Odrick vs Barkevious Mingo. :/

I didn't realize that about Starks though. Course, they could always move Odrick inside. Idk about Mingo, as far as which scheme he fits best. He's reminds a bit of JPP-it's all untapped athletic ability. He's listed 6'5 240 but there's no doubt he'll get bigger as a pro. Browns fans are already on him based on his name alone-but we are paying Frostee to be a full time DE, so I'm not sure we'll look there.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Frostee Rucker has got to be one of the worst starting DEs in the league though. And the direction the nfl is going you need more than 2 pass rushers anyway.