Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think he's overrated, but i guy who i think could make a big impact as a NFL LT, is Oregon's Kyle Long. He's brothers with Chris Long, and therefore obviously Howie Long's son. Ever since he's got on campus, he's been touted as one of, if not the best athlete on Oregon's team (and with Oregon, thats saying something). He's a former Florida State Baseball player, and when he figured out he didn't have a future there, went to Saddleback college and played Juco football, then transfered to Oregon.

He's a Sr. this year, and is 23, but is appealing for an extra year of eligibility.

He's certainly raw at football, but theres some plays that he makes in that Oregon scheme, reaching outside of guys, that just amaze me. He's so quick out of his stance and his hips and feet are so quick. Once again, he needs a lot of refinement, and is already 23, but he's an incredibly well build 6'7" 315, and is an amazing athlete. I could see him as a guy who teams take a chance on in the late rounds as a developmental OT.

Has anyone watched him at all? Or heard about him?
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
I dont think he's overrated, but i guy who i think could make a big impact as a NFL LT, is Oregon's Kyle Long. He's brothers with Chris Long, and therefore obviously Howie Long's son. Ever since he's got on campus, he's been touted as one of, if not the best athlete on Oregon's team (and with Oregon, thats saying something). He's a former Florida State Baseball player, and when he figured out he didn't have a future there, went to Saddleback college and played Juco football, then transfered to Oregon.

He's a Sr. this year, and is 23, but is appealing for an extra year of eligibility.

He's certainly raw at football, but theres some plays that he makes in that Oregon scheme, reaching outside of guys, that just amaze me. He's so quick out of his stance and his hips and feet are so quick. Once again, he needs a lot of refinement, and is already 23, but he's an incredibly well build 6'7" 315, and is an amazing athlete. I could see him as a guy who teams take a chance on in the late rounds as a developmental OT.

Has anyone watched him at all? Or heard about him?
He was thought of as a better athlete than his brother when he was a senior in H.S. and then for some strange reason thought baseball was the way to go. I personally haven't paid much attention to what he's been doing but he could be a major sleeper come a year from now.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He was thought of as a better athlete than his brother when he was a senior in H.S. and then for some strange reason thought baseball was the way to go. I personally haven't paid much attention to what he's been doing but he could be a major sleeper come a year from now.
Yeah, i'm not sure, but he's back playing OT, and even though he's not starting, he's gotten the most reps for Oregon at LT, and has been a monster, consistently getting crazy angles on guys and walling guys off or driving guys off the ball. There's obviously an occiasional slip up where he'll miss a block or have technique flaws and let a guy buy him, but overall, he's been very good.

Like you said, i cant say enough how freakish of an athlete he is...
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good thread idea. Here's my list of underrated guys by position:

QB:
Brad Sorensen - Southern Utah
James Vandenberg - Iowa

RB:
Stephan Taylor - Stanford
Christine Michael - Texas A&M
Spencer Ware - LSU
Marcus Coker - Stony Brook

WR:
Cobi Hamilton - Arkansas
Devin Street - Pittsburgh
Keenan Davis - Iowa
Tavarres King - Georgia
Chad Bumphis - Mississippi State

TE:
Dion Sims - Michigan State
Jordan Reed - Florida

DE:
Malliciah Goodman - Clemson
Brad Madison - Missouri
Devin Taylor - South Carolina
James Gayle - Virginia Tech

OLB (3-4 olb, hybrid, etc.):
Demontre Moore - Texas A&M
Cornelius Washington - Georgia
Jeremiah Attouchu - Georgia Tech

DT:
Josh Boyd - Mississippi State

LB:
Max Bullough - Michigan State
DeVonte Holloman - South Carolina
Alonzo Highsmith - Arkansas

CB:
Rod Sweeting - Georgia Tech
Micah Hyde - Iowa

S:
Dexter McCoil - Tulsa
Ray Ray Armstrong - Faulkner College
Jawanza Starling - USC

Basing this off of the prospect rankings on CBSSports, tried to omit guys that are rated low there but high other places, but might have missed some.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you an Iowa fan?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Are you an Iowa fan?
No but the guy who made the board I looked at must have been an Iowa hater. Had Coker, vandenberg, and Davis all projected to not be drafted, hyde like the 20th corner behind a ton of 5'10 guys. Iowa routinely produces guys that get drafted, think they're 2nd only to Bama in getting guys drafted in recent years.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Have to throw Terry Hawthorne in here. Dude is the best CB in the country IMO and he's still barely getting any press. It won't matter when draft time comes around anyway, but just watch out for him. Also watch Glenn Foster the Illini DT and Justin Green the Illini CB, both seniors. Lots of talent for the Illini that people are sleep on (But the NFL isn't).
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Mauti is a well known name but after two knee injuries, his stock has really been pushed down. Through three games, he's played phenomenally, outshining Gerald Hodges.

Mauti could end up a 4th round pick.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched WKU vs Kentucky and I couldn't tell if it was just because it's Kentucky (I didn't see the Bama game) or if he was legit, but Jack Doyle seemed like they underutilized him. He's a 6'6" 250 LB TE that can block and run routes. He's not sudden like Jordan Reed, but he just has that deceptive athleticism that causes people to take bad angles to the ball on him.

He lined up all over the field (FB, TE, split).

I honestly don't understand how he wasn't more of a factor in that game.

Technically, he needs to clean up some things, but you can see he has potential to be a good NFL TE. I haven't seen anyone rate him on any board, so I'd say he's quite under rated.

WKU is coached by a former Stanford assistant coach from the Harbaugh era. They run a WCO and use 2TE, 1FB sets bunches.

Something else I noticed watching that game...

LB Andrew Jackson is very over-rated. He's a 2 down linebacker. He sucks at coverage and was taken off the field most of the 3rd down snaps.

Last edited by descendency : 09-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Zac Dysert out of Miami OH. Plays like a faster Roethlisberger. Might even have a stronger arm.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Campanaro, wr. Wake Forest. One of those Wes Welker types that come along and usually don't measure up. This guy is really good though. Around 5-10 200lb and he can really move. He's been there 4 yrs so i would really look forward to seeing what he can do at the combine. Great Hands.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Telemaque is terrible.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Arthur Brown considered underrated? I like him alot

nvm just checked scott's ranking and he has him as the #1 OLB
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Have to throw Terry Hawthorne in here. Dude is the best CB in the country IMO and he's still barely getting any press. It won't matter when draft time comes around anyway, but just watch out for him. Also watch Glenn Foster the Illini DT and Justin Green the Illini CB, both seniors. Lots of talent for the Illini that people are sleep on (But the NFL isn't).
Hawthorne just got burnt. *facepalm*
Old 09-25-2012, 03:25 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

A combination of his ankle being gimpy and Quinton Patton being a very good WR (He's underrated actually after watching him). It still doesn't change the fact that Hawthorne is (IMO) the best CB.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kyle Van Noy had two more sacks last night giving him 6.5 for the year. He also has 3 forced fumbles and 9.5 tackles for loss. Only a jr, it's getting harder for me to think he won't come out this year. NFL teams are always looking for guys who can get the qb.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
freak_of_nature
Rookie

freak_of_nature hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rodney Smith WR FSU
freak_of_nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.underscore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Mike Mauti is a well known name but after two knee injuries, his stock has really been pushed down. Through three games, he's played phenomenally, outshining Gerald Hodges.

Mauti could end up a 4th round pick.
Sack, TFL and 2 INTs (including a 99 yds non-TD return) today for Mauti.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tank Carradine ends up as a Top 20 pick with a chance at going top 10 so I'd say he's pretty darn underrated right now. Big, 'freak' athlete who also happens to lead CFB in sacks. I'm guessing he ends up going before Werner.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:06 AM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

While I haven't seen all the backs this year, I really like what I'm seeing from Ellington. Elite balance.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerwynn Williams, RB Utah State. He's as talented as Kenjon Barner and Chris Thompson.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I think Tank Carradine ends up as a Top 20 pick with a chance at going top 10 so I'd say he's pretty darn underrated right now. Big, 'freak' athlete who also happens to lead CFB in sacks. I'm guessing he ends up going before Werner.
I must admit in the FSU/Clemson game I came away far more impressed with Carradine than Werner. Only one game of course, but liked the way Carradine used his long arms to his advantage - stretch plays out that were run at home and showed some pass rush ability.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I watched WKU vs Kentucky and I couldn't tell if it was just because it's Kentucky (I didn't see the Bama game) or if he was legit, but Jack Doyle seemed like they underutilized him. He's a 6'6" 250 LB TE that can block and run routes. He's not sudden like Jordan Reed, but he just has that deceptive athleticism that causes people to take bad angles to the ball on him.
I watched this game last week - my thoughts on Doyle:

Jack Doyle, TE, has a nice frame, a little thin perhaps, but he’s tall and can add some bulk. 3 catches for 34 yards. Caught 2 out routes, showed he can get off the line quickly. Sat down in the zone for his other reception. Did well as a blocker. Bent at the waist a couple of times and released Jamie Collins late, but was very effective engaging at the second level, often from HB. Got square to seal the edge. If he runs a decent time, I think he’s draftable.

One guy who has impressed me this year has been Southern Miss OT Jason Weaver. He shut down Cameron Meredith in the Nebraska game - my thoughts on him:

Jason Weaver, OT, one false start and beaten one time in pass protection, but otherwise another very good display. Trouble is his QB left the game injured on his pass pro breakdown play... Did a nice job sitting in his stance, getting his arms extended and working to get his hands under his man. Doesn't always grab cloth in pass protection, the play he ran into trouble he shoved Smith back, but let him come back with a burst and strength to get Weaver’s hands off to head to the QB. Got square in the run game and was able to move the DE up the field on draw plays. Looks to be draftable for sure.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
WVU1
Rookie

WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Mike Campanaro, wr. Wake Forest. One of those Wes Welker types that come along and usually don't measure up. This guy is really good though. Around 5-10 200lb and he can really move. He's been there 4 yrs so i would really look forward to seeing what he can do at the combine. Great Hands.
I think he is more like a percy harvin than a wes welker. He is out with a hand injury for a few weeks. He should be a 2nd/3rd in 2014
WVU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

Cornellius Carradine - the "other" DE at Florida State - nice frame, plays low and wins the leverage battle. The more I watch him, the more I like him.