Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking the ps4 i def coming out next year or sometime after that, they released the slim one ps2 right before ps3 came out.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never get the new systems when they first come out. Too cheap for that so I'm going to depend on my PS3 to not **** itself before I do upgrade. Which won't be for at least a year after the 4 comes out. I have the first generation 3 though... and I'm worried it won't make it

:(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have only had my PS3 for about a year and there are still a good amount of games I have yet to play.

On top of that it looks like the PS3 is going out with a bang with The Last of Us,Beyond Two Souls and God of War Ascension all set to come out in 2013.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I will pre-order several PS3s and re-sell them. Based on the last launch people were ebaying them for like $900 or more.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

starhawk free for ps+
Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
starhawk free for ps+
Sounds like just the SP mode which doesn't really bother me since I rarely play online.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/758...ayer-available

Quote:
Starting September 25th, three versions of Starhawk will be available to download on the PlayStation Store. The full game (which includes all post-release updates) will be available for $39.99. However, you can also get the single-player and multiplayer modes separately.

The multiplayer-only edition will be available for $19.99, perfect for Warhawk vets that don't want to plod their way through the story. On the other hand, PlayStation Plus members will be able to get the entire single player experience for free as part of their Instant Game Collection.

Considering the single player is essentially a glorified tutorial for multiplayer, it's a great way to tempt new players into buying the multiplayer game as well.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played double dragon neon last night and thought it was kinda cool from the retro side but the lack of checkpoints killed it for me. Thats my biggest pet peeve in games.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm on chapter 19 on my second play through of Uncharted 3 and playing on hard this time around.

I'm thinking of starting another game in the God of War Saga next. I have beat 1 and 2 but I still need to play the 3rd and the two origin games.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

The Sherlock Holmes game look neat I didnt even know they was making one. How is it on hard?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
The Sherlock Holmes game look neat I didnt even know they was making one.
Me either.

Quote:
How is it on hard?
Tough in a few spots but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The freaking grenades are the most annoying part about playing on hard.

I think the first Uncharted was easily the hardest of the 3 games. I have beat both 2 and 3 on hard now, but have only beat the first on normal.

I got to dam near the end on crushing mode on Uncharted 2 and had a rage quit moment and never attempted it again lol.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely adore Quantic Dream and Naughty Dog.

But neither of their new IPs really have me that excited. Dont get me wrong, I'll buy both and I do think they look and will be great games. But Heavy Rain was one of my most anticipated games ever. Two Souls is bound to be awesome, but I kind of wish they went in a different direction. They are working on something else currently, so we'll see what they have in store. And Last of Us, ehhh...not "excited" for it. But I know I'll really enjoy it.

Wish I was still wrapped up in the AC series...I absolutely love the future story. I need to get a mass playthrough of all the games in...get all caught up again before 3 comes out. Who knows when I'll get around to that, though. Right now...my most anticipated games have gotta be...Metro: Last Light, Dead Space 3, Bioshock: Infinite, and GTA 5. As soon Fallout 4 is announced...that jumps to #1.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I could not be any more excited for The Last of Us, it's easily number 1 on my most wanted list.

I haven't played any of the AC games, but have loved everything I have seen and read about AC3. I normally don't like playing a series with out playing the first, but I might make an exception with AC3.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would def. suggest playing 1 and 2, at least.

Sadly...the first game is no where near as good as 2. The second is exceptional. And I love the Assassins Creed mythos...it's incredibly deep/detailed, entwined in real history. Storyline isnt exactly the easiest to jump into.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Isn't the 3rd set in a different time period with a new main character? So, I shouldn't be to lost storyline wise.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Isn't the 3rd set in a different time period with a new main character? So, I shouldn't be to lost storyline wise.
There are two corresponding timelines going at once. There is a current day story that you will skip by skipping 1 and 2.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
There are two corresponding timelines going at once. There is a current day story that you will skip by skipping 1 and 2.
I see. I wasn't aware of this. I really don't have much interest in the first game. I have heard more bad than good.

That said most people seemed to have enjoyed the second one.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah...i love how they marketed the first game. I wasnt even aware of the whole future aspect.

And yeah, it's not the easiest story to explain...I mean, you can pick up 3 and have blast, I'm sure. But the story as a whole is awesome and knowing everything that happened just enriches the whole thing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...igative-gaming

there is a 16 min walkthrough in the link that i couldnt find on youtube to post. If you liked L.A Noire then sounds like you will like this.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

DX trailer for '13

Old 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assassins Creed 1 was one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. If you really don't want to miss out on the story, I'd just suggest watching the story cutscenes / "gameplay".

AC2 has minor improvements. Some of the most boring games, with an extremely overrated story, imo. I'd suggest just going with AC3, but I don't expect it to be nearly as good as it seems. Ubisoft is crap.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 09-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

AC2 is fantastic. Hate, hate, hate. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-24-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
AC2 is fantastic. Hate, hate, hate. haha.
I said it had minor improvements, but it's more than minor probably. The missions in AC1 were awful and repetitive. The assassinations were fun though.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I said it had minor improvements, but it's more than minor probably. The missions in AC1 were awful and repetitive. The assassinations were fun though.
AC2 was pretty great and I would suggest not only doing 1 and 2, but also Brotherhood and Revelations.

AC1 was a very flawed game with a good premise and caused me to have lots of intrigue of where the story was going. I am way more interested where they will take the current timeline than anything to do with the historical timeline.

I think that AC1 would be fine just to see the cut scenes, but it's a video game you don't quite get the same feel by watching as you would by doing.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/...laystation_ 3

Quote:
If you’re a PlayStation 3-only owner, your addiction to the Mass Effect franchise probably started with the second game. After all, the original title was published by Microsoft as an Xbox 360 exclusive way back in 2007 – but now it’s finally coming to the PlayStation 3.

The Mass Effect Trilogy will launch at some point in the near future, and will include all three titles from the popular sci-fi series. Assuming you already own the second and third games on PS3, you’ll be able to pick up the original as a standalone title from the PlayStation Network. We suppose it’s a bit strange playing through the series backwards, but needs must.
I have dreamed of this moment but never thought it would happen.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

thats good news I always was a little lost never having played the first one. I thought they said it would never come to the ps3? Guess not