Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd happily take Charles at 55, but barring a miracle (Fleener falling), I think we go defense. Specifically corner, because there's a lot of talent that's in that 2nd range. (Minnifield, Hayward, Norman, Johnson, Gilmore, Boykin, etc.)
Old 03-21-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if we have a lot invested in the corner position, I think that would be a great move. Boykin is a beast, I would love to have him. It also answers our return issue.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Even if we have a lot invested in the corner position, I think that would be a great move. Boykin is a beast, I would love to have him. It also answers our return issue.

Sadly I don't think he'll make it. But yes, I'd be on board, he's my #4 corner. I think a realistic target is someone we scheduled a visit with today actually, Dwight Bentley.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Track record of a position at a school is about as overrated as it gets. Judge a prospect as an individual.
I disagree, if players at a certain position from a specific school constantly get it done in college but don't as pro's that let us know there's something the players have learned from University's coaching staff that works in college but won't work in the NFL.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm reading that the Falcons are looking at corners, d ends, and left tackles (who isn't?) Ends and tackles usually go fairly quickly, so is everyone anticipating a corner in round 2? If Boykin were to fall that would be tremendous, but I don't think he will be there? Who are some other targets?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
So I'm reading that the Falcons are looking at corners, d ends, and left tackles (who isn't?) Ends and tackles usually go fairly quickly, so is everyone anticipating a corner in round 2? If Boykin were to fall that would be tremendous, but I don't think he will be there? Who are some other targets?
Boykin is likely falling to our pick in the 2nd.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Boykin is likely falling to our pick in the 2nd.

I don't think so dude. I mean, I'm rooting for it hard, he's my 4th ranked corner and can immediately replace Weems, but I just don't see it. Too good of a player to fall.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boykin in the 2nd would be absolutely perfect for us. If we were to grab him we could probably let Brent Grimes go next offseason (depending on how he plays). After that we need to grab a developmental tight end prospect and some linemen depth on both ends of the ball.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
I disagree, if players at a certain position from a specific school constantly get it done in college but don't as pro's that let us know there's something the players have learned from University's coaching staff that works in college but won't work in the NFL.
There is some value to a school's history with positions, but it's a limited indicator. How many TEs have come from Cal other than Tony G? Besides, UGA has produced some good NFL TEs. Ben Watson and Randy McMichael have both had good careers.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
There is some value to a school's history with positions, but it's a limited indicator. How many TEs have come from Cal other than Tony G? Besides, UGA has produced some good NFL TEs. Ben Watson and Randy McMichael have both had good careers.
I agree about watson, mcmike has had some good years but other years he's a non factor. IMO the cal thing doesn't really apply because they don't produce te's who do well in college and then disappear as pro's, that's the troubling part to me. I'd be much happier as a NFL fan if UGA didn't have good te's before now and then suddenly Charles comes along. At least then I'd know it's about his talent and skill rather than coaching.

If the Falcons want a sleeper te I'd like them to take LaDarius Green but the coaches seem to like Michael Palmer so I wouldn't be surprised if the don't take a te.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I respect Bulldogs and ATLDirtyBirds a lot but this is too funny not to post here... Curtis Lofton Interview

Quote:
Q: Do you have a better chance to win a Super Bowl with the Saints?

A: Yes. I look at it like this. When you go to a team, it would be dumb not to think that you don’t have a better chance to win a Super Bowl with that team. I feel like Atlanta and the Saints have been evenly matched. But I really feel like there is more talent with the Saints. They defintiely can score more than two points in a playoff game. I will say that.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

We'll score more when Tony G rapes Lofton trying to cover him in the playoffs this year, haha.

I can't tell if I'm going to hate Lofton or respect him. He's said some positive things on his way out, and some douchey things. Probably hate. **** the Saints.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We'll score more when Tony G rapes Lofton trying to cover him in the playoffs this year, haha.

I can't tell if I'm going to hate Lofton or respect him. He's said some positive things on his way out, and some douchey things. Probably hate. **** the Saints.
I feel the same way about the falcons. I got this for my first child

But I'll acknowledge they're a tough team every year.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Awesome. (For a Saints kid that is).

But yes, we always have ourselves some good games. What was that stat last year about our games finishing within 3?

But seriously, Lofton's a real good dude. I don't know about the whole OLB thing, but if you play him at MIKE, you're getting an elite run defender and regardless of position, a great leader.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Curtis Lofton. I'm sure he feels like the organization gave him a slap in the face by not offering the big contract he wanted, which plays a part in alot of this stuff coming out now. We just couldn't afford to pay a two-down linebacker that much money. Hopefully he remembers the good times more than the little bad.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

It's always nice to hear fans talk about a former player like that. I feel the same way about Carl Nicks and Robert Meachem.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're paying Asante what we could have payed Lofton. Makes no sense IMO.

Grimes overpaid as well IMO.

Next Up: 2012
Old 06-09-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
We're paying Asante what we could have payed Lofton. Makes no sense IMO.

Grimes overpaid as well IMO.
Lofton makes 6M/year.
Asante makes 4.5/year.
Tatupu makes 1.5/year....
essentially we got Asante and Tatupu for the price of Lofton.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think those figures are correct. They're about 650,000 apart and not 1.5 million.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 06-09-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I don't think those figures are correct. They're about 650,000 apart and not 1.5 million.
Lofton ~ $7.1 million
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orlea...curtis-lofton/

Samuel ~ $4.375 million
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-f...asante-samuel/

Tatutpu ~ $2.75 million
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/lofa-tatupa/
Old 06-09-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see what they do.

Next Up: 2012
Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
yup. all depends on how you look at it. cause Tatupu is only counting 750k towards the cap and Samuel is only counting 2.875M to a cap in 2012.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dammit dunagan

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...t=52767&page=3

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 09-23-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Closed Thread