Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-24-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Okay, having Jake Odorizzi come up for a September look but not Wil Myers is legitimately the dumbest, most batshit insane front office decision when it comes to September call-ups I've ever seen.
It feels like they're doing it to spite the fans and local media. No joke. The excuses they come up with are just insane.

They have a player in Francouer who could be upgraded by putting a generic, average minor leaguer in his spot (according to baseball prospectus, he is the worst player in the MLB). They have the best player in the minors that plays his position... It's insane.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huddy two wins away from 200. God I love Huddy. Fantastic trade back in the day.

And speaking of trades...major lolz at the Tex trade. The Rangers would have taken JoJo freaking Reyes instead of Matt Harrison but nooooooo. Not that we need Harrison, but I was always fan/believer. Rape trade.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Huddy two wins away from 200. God I love Huddy. Fantastic trade back in the day.

And speaking of trades...major lolz at the Tex trade. The Rangers would have taken JoJo freaking Reyes instead of Matt Harrison but nooooooo. Not that we need Harrison, but I was always fan/believer. Rape trade.
Huddy has been one of my favorite pitchers in the game for a long time. Definitely a guy I tried to model over the last 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Beane has had a lot of trades over the years ranging from great to horrendous, but that trade might be the biggest whiff of them all.

Charles Thomas, Juan Cruz and Dan Meyer in return for Tim Hudson. Wow... Meyer gave the A's a total of 44 ip and gave up 7.98 ERA. Thomas had a total of 55 PAs in the majors after the trade for a tune of a .363 OPS. There are 29 players in the majors with an OBP of .363 or better! And Juan Cruz did some nice things for AZ and TB, but he gave the A's one season with 33 ip and a 7.44 ERA.

Ugh. Of course Hudson has given the Braves 8 amazing seasons averaging 3.54 ERA in 1400+ IP.

I'm more than happy for Hudson. He's definitely one of my favorite players of all time and I root for him now as a Brave, but it would have been nice to get something of worth for such a dynamic pitcher.

Don't get me started on the 2 Matt Holliday trades.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Inge got a record that hadn't been done since Lou Gehrig.
I know that but it's not a season-long ordeal like the triple crown is. For some reason the media is infatuated with it, and they are the ones that hold the votes after all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet Jesus.. Yanks and Orioles have been on the same page lately. Come on, Yanks.

To someone who responded to my Orioles being first knocker. I don't think Orioles did win the East division in this aligned standings yet.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 09-24-2012 at 01:08 PM.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I just can't see the baseball writers NOT awarding him the MVP if he does it. As 'stupid' as we all seem to think it is. Hasn't happened since 1967 for christ's sakes.
Okay then, if Trout goes for 30/50 this year, I just can't see the baseball writers NOT awarding him the MVP. It's only happened twice before, whereas the triple crown has been achieved over 10 times.

How about we stick to choosing the MVP based on who actually had the better season, rather than who achieved something unique?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Okay then, if Trout goes for 30/50 this year, I just can't see the baseball writers NOT awarding him the MVP. It's only happened twice before, whereas the triple crown has been achieved over 10 times.

How about we stick to choosing the MVP based on who actually had the better season, rather than who achieved something unique?

Carl Y was not an unanimous winner when he become the last person that won the triple crown. One idiotic first place vote went to nobody.

Both Trout and Cabrera should split first place votes but Cabrera gets my vote for MVP award.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A's and Rangers kicking off a HUGE 4 game series in Arlington today. A's have 7 of next 10 games against Texas.

On the flip side, every single one of Texas' remaining 10 games are against Angels and A's.

Next week and a half will be HUGE for playoffs

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A's pen blows it again. Too bad because Straily pitched great.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3.5 games up with 8 games to go. Nice win tonight, we definitely need to sweep the Astros, as we should because the Brewers and our last six games of the season scare the crap out of me.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
A's pen blows it again. Too bad because Straily pitched great.
phew! Angels only 2 games back. Still, gonna be very tough
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It's only happened twice before, whereas the triple crown has been achieved over 10 times.
Twice before and in one instance Eric Davis finished like 8th in the MVP voting that year. Both were also more recent than the last Triple Crown winner as well.

I do agree that it should go to who has the best season, I'm just saying the hard-on that the media has for the TC seems like it will win out in the end. Though they have been slobbin' on Trouts knob pretty hard too.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago loses. Detroit can tie the division but they are going against Tiger Killer Bruce Chen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dusty Baker ended up having a mini stroke in Chicago.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Jeebus that is awful, hope the man is gonna be ok. This probably happened from watching Drew Stubbs try to hit off a tee and failing miserably in doing so.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Chicago loses. Detroit can tie the division but they are going against Tiger Killer Bruce Chen.
I was going to say that he attacks us like we're a math problem...then I saw that he's from Panama. Close enough.

*and yeah, we're getting to him early this game.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course Darin Ruf hits a home run.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Of course Darin Ruf hits a home run.
Ruf > Ryan Howard.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Hope he's ok, that's pretty scary.

Congrats to the Braves for clinching a wild-card spot. Hopefully the Cardinals will be seeing you guys in that one game playoff!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Where was that start last time out Annibal?! If i woulda got that i'd be in the finals right meow.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donovan Solano wrecking Kris Medlen's day made me very sad.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

A's even the series 1-1. 4 back of division again.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.1% for the Phillies. Sooo youre telling me theres a chance...?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
.1% for the Phillies. Sooo youre telling me theres a chance...?
No, there's No Chance that's what you got...............

NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(cue Brody)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote