Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-24-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was just the most ******** thing I've seen from the Lions in ages. How in the **** do you just not go out and kick the ************* field goal? TERRIBLE coaching. Schwartz is wearing thin on me. So is Gunth for that matter.

Secondary...I'd rather have the British Columbia Lions secondary than ours. I mean, we made Locker look like John ******* Elway. Mayhew needs to address this **** immediately or we can start looking at a top 12 pick next April.

And Pettigrew....what the ****. Hands of stone and then when he does make a catch, he lets a tiny, little man take the ball from him? Seriously...

Our season is going sideways before it's barely even started.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
That was just the most ******** thing I've seen from the Lions in ages. How in the **** do you just not go out and kick the ************* field goal? TERRIBLE coaching. Schwartz is wearing thin on me. So is Gunth for that matter.

Secondary...I'd rather have the British Columbia Lions secondary than ours. I mean, we made Locker look like John ******* Elway. Mayhew needs to address this **** immediately or we can start looking at a top 12 pick next April.

And Pettigrew....what the ****. Hands of stone and then when he does make a catch, he lets a tiny, little man take the ball from him? Seriously...

Our season is going sideways before it's barely even started.
I have no problem with the decision to go for it on 4th down. With the way the secondary was playing I wouldn't want the game to rest on the D either so take the chance on a 4th and 1 rather than a D stop. With that said Raiola screwed the pooch I think they were looking for something else there.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To clarify incase we don't believe Xio...
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...ation/11791588

Quote:
Jim Schwartz on Lions' final play: "Miscommunication. We were trying to draw them offsides. We had no intention of going for it there."
Quote:
In his post game interviews Detroit Lions Head Coach Jim Schwartz was questioned about his play call and decision to go for it on 4th down in overtime. Schwartz’s response is in the tweet above, and it isn’t surprising. The offensive line moved late, and Shaun Hill looked almost surprise to receive the ball on the snap.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame him for going for it on 4th and 1 when your offense has put up 41 points. I mean why would you trust your defense/special teams that have given up 44 points when you are just a handful of yards away from stealing a win.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem going for it but give it to LeShoure instead of miscommunicating. Sounds like they were just trying to draw offsides and then kick which is safe but dumb given the Lions safety problems, special team problems and lack of pass rush.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
detroitsports
Rookie

detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.detroitsports wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

After watching this team for 20 some odd competent games in a row here, I find it amazing that as an offense in the first half, they seem to have no clue what to expect from the defense when they come out. Is the coaching staff that bad a scheming? Obviously, they are very good at adjusting as evidenced by the rest of the game, but come on. A 9 point first half followed by 32????? And, yes, I realize 14 points came on garbage (which turned out not to be garbage) and a hail mary, but there's no denying it was a different offense. This happens every week!
detroitsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In the Lions-Titans and Bengals-Redskins games, officials marched off too much yardage on penalties.

Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch's helmet-to-helmet hit on Craig Stevens wound up as a 27-yard penalty in Tennessee's 44-41 overtime win. In OT, from the Titans 44, Jake Locker passed to Stevens over the middle for a 24-yard gain and Tulloch was flagged for the hit. Fourteen yards were added to the end of the play, which then was reviewed and overturned because the ball hit the ground.

However, the penalty still is enforced. Instead of 15 yards, officials marked it off from the Detroit 44 the wrong spot.

"As soon as the play was declared incomplete it becomes a first down and it becomes 15 yards from the play before," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.
I didn't catch that during the game. They gave the Titans 12 free yards. If they would've spotted it right after the penalty, the Titans would've had the ball on our 41. Instead, the Titans had the ball on our 29.

It was a bad decision to overturn that call anyways. If they wouldn't have overturned that catch, the ball would've been at our 20 or 21.. so I guess it kinda evened out in a way.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They took their shots in the first half but didn't hit on them. 3rd and 2 incomplete to Pettigrew resulting in field goal. 2nd and 7 deep pass to Pettigrew incomplete with good coverage and 3rd and 7 went shy of the sticks to Titus but Stafford misfired but Titus made the catch.

Next drive 3rd and 5 they went to Calvin on the sidelines but Calvin couldn't complete the process on a tough catch on the sidelines. Result 10-6 Titans after the punt return.

2nd Quarter 3rd and 7 screen to Logan was a mistake. Then big play to Cook where the Lions safeties played terrible. The FG drive stalled on LeShoure stuffed on 3rd and 2 but they drove the ball well. Next drive stalled another 3rd and 2 for LeShoure was stuffed.

One mistake on a play call IMO to Logan in the first half but the two big plays on special teams and defense killed the Lions.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I didn't catch that during the game. They gave the Titans 12 free yards. If they would've spotted it right after the penalty, the Titans would've had the ball on our 41. Instead, the Titans had the ball on our 29.

It was a bad decision to overturn that call anyways. If they wouldn't have overturned that catch, the ball would've been at our 20 or 21.. so I guess it kinda evened out in a way.
Agreed that was a catch. Bad spot evens things out.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is really bothering me is the poor play of Suh, he just isan't the same player he was as a rookie and has been sliding backwards ever since.
He doesn't seem to have learned anything since his rookie year and team are attacking him as the weak point on the DL.